Author Topic: P3Dv4.5 No Animated Jetways  (Read 4639 times)

A340-642

Re: P3Dv4.5 No Animated Jetways
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2022, 12:26:52 pm »
Hi,
Are there any news/updates regarding the issue? Is it going to be fixed soon?
Kind regards
M

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2022, 12:35:01 pm »
We just released an update that should fix issues related to GSX-made jetways either floating or sunken. There are no problems I can see about jetways not animating. From a previous post in this thread:

1. On these three, there was information that it has default jetway and it didn't move (only prompt came up, that "operation is completed" and nothing changed visually): EDDF Aerosoft, OMDB Flytampa, EGLL Aerosoft

Default jetways don't have anything to do with GSX, if they work or not, is completely unrelated to GSX

2. On EPWA Drzewiecki Design and GCFV MK Studios, there was no such information and jetways operate as they should.

Assuming these are SODE jetway, it means the ones that are activated by GSX were always working.

A340-642

« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2022, 07:19:37 pm »
Hi,
The thing is, that they used to work well with GSX! I did not change anything, other than doing GSX updates (everything else is up to date and did not have updates recently). I just tried few minutes ago, and on airports I've specified, where GSX recognizes jetway as default, after I press "operate jetways" they do not move (again: they used to). However, when I press Ctrl+J they move, so it looks like some GSX error...
Is it any way I can provide some log or something that can help to determine You the issue?
P.S. Has anybody else this issue?
Kind regards
M

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2022, 11:33:01 am »
where GSX recognizes jetway as default, after I press "operate jetways" they do not move (again: they used to). However, when I press Ctrl+J they move, so it looks like some GSX error...

Ok, now it's clear, I assumed you were just reporting a default jetway that doesn't move, now it's clear that it moves with CTRL+J, but not from the "Operate jetways" menu, so it's something we need to check.

A340-642

« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2022, 01:47:18 pm »
Yep, I've mentioned this in my first reply (Reply #2 on: September 12, 2022, 01:59:41 pm) ;). I'll wait patiently for the next updates. Thanks!
Kind regards
M

A340-642

« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2022, 07:20:42 pm »
Mr Umberto,
Thank You for fixing the issue, after todays update it seems to work as it used to :). Only one thing, which would make everything perfect - the prompt "jetways operation completed" should come up after the operations, now it's like waterfall: operating jetways, jetways operation completed and then it starts to move.
Another question that came into my mind when checking this - when there are 3 default jetways at the gate, would it be possible to choose 2 or 3 of them (just like operating SODE jetways, where I can dock one jetway to 1L and another to 2L)? or this is scenery limitation?
Would it be also possible for default jetways to dock more precisely? Because SODE jetways always fit perfectly, default ones usually have some offset.
Kind regards
M

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2022, 04:45:33 pm »
the prompt "jetways operation completed" should come up after the operations, now it's like waterfall: operating jetways, jetways operation completed and then it starts to move.

If a jetway is not SODE, GSX doesn't have any means to know when the docking has completed, or even if it has.