Author Topic: P3Dv4.5 No Animated Jetways  (Read 4640 times)

liamr685

Re: P3Dv4.5 No Animated Jetways
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2022, 12:59:45 am »
Prompted to update today

updated

still have no animated jetways.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2022, 01:17:26 pm »
Nowhere the release notes said the problem with P3D 4.5 has been fixed, we still don't understand why it happens and, as confirmed multiple times, we are looking into it, and when the problem will be found and fixed, be sure the release notes will indicate that.

A340-642

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2022, 09:56:50 pm »
Nowhere the release notes said the problem with P3D 4.5 has been fixed, we still don't understand why it happens and, as confirmed multiple times, we are looking into it, and when the problem will be found and fixed, be sure the release notes will indicate that.
Hi,
Yes, I've noticed that there was no such information in last release note, but there is no confirmation in this thread that You're looking into it either. That's why I wrote here just after downloading recent update, as I hoped that it might have been fixed. Nevertheless thank You very much for the info, now I'll wait patiently for the next updates and check update notes :).
Kind regards
M

dnunes

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2022, 01:59:39 pm »
I´m surprised that I haven't got until now an explanation for my FSDT Zurich airport: GSX will not control the jetways. How can this happen with an FSDT scenery?

Regards,

Domingos

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2022, 02:36:29 pm »
I´m surprised that I haven't got until now an explanation for my FSDT Zurich airport: GSX will not control the jetways. How can this happen with an FSDT scenery?

Zurich for FSX is our oldest scenery, which came out in 2007, we just never made a GSX profile for it, so it uses standard jetways.

dnunes

« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2022, 03:32:20 pm »
Thanks for your reply. So, it is one more situation, like the one I get at Heathrow (SimWings scenery), where the jetways were working normally under GSX before the software changes.

Regards,

Domingos

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2022, 02:03:35 pm »
So, it is one more situation, like the one I get at Heathrow (SimWings scenery), where the jetways were working normally under GSX before the software changes.

You should try to make some effort to be more accurate in your report. While I surely know all FSDT sceneries which jetways use, I can't possibly know which kind of jetways every 3rd party scenery out there use so:

- Are they standard jetways with custom models ( operated with CTRL+J ) ?

- Are they SODE jetways provided with an external SODE XML file ( operated from SODE or GSX ) ?

- Are they GSX/SODE jetways that has replaced the original jetway the scenery came with ( operated only from GSX ) ?

dnunes

« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2022, 03:16:29 pm »
Thanks Umberto for your reply. As far as I know the jetways for SimWings Heathrow are standard and controlable by Ctrl+J. I think the jetways at FSDT Zurich are also standard and I can control them with Ctrl+J. Before the problems started I could control the jetways in those airports using GSX.

Regards,

Domingos

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2022, 03:52:45 pm »
Thanks Umberto for your reply. As far as I know the jetways for SimWings Heathrow are standard and controlable by Ctrl+J.
By default, they are, but there's an option to change it to SODE jetways.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2022, 03:55:39 pm »
Thanks Umberto for your reply. As far as I know the jetways for SimWings Heathrow are standard and controlable by Ctrl+J.

Are you sure ? If yes, they should show as /J in the GSX menu. If this is the case, NOTHING in GSX can possibly affect these.

If, instead, they are labeled as /JS, it means they are either SODE jetways or GSX/SODE jetways. In this case, if they are SODE jetways, they'll show as "XML jetway" in the GSX parking customization page. If they are shown as "1 Jetway" ( or 2, 3, 4, etc ), they are GSX/SODE jetways instead.

fnav77

« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2022, 10:43:50 pm »
I have just completed a flight into KORD and jetways at FSDT KORD(v2) were definitely not showing for me on arrival (P3D v5.3). It is an FSDT scenery. GSX did what it had to do (guidance system, offloading cargo, etc...), but the jetways were missing.
The scenery is yours, guys....you can't blame a 3rd party scenery.

I think we, the P3D community, have been very patient with all that nonsense. It is high time things get fixed once and for all.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2022, 09:49:41 am by virtuali »

Airmaz1

« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2022, 12:44:28 pm »
Hi, Is there anyway to roll back? just updated and now my Jetways stop working, GSX seems to crash sode so they stop working.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2022, 01:49:58 pm »
Hi, Is there anyway to roll back? just updated and now my Jetways stop working, GSX seems to crash sode so they stop working.

Please clarify exactly which scenery you are referring to, and which kind of jetways it uses:

- Standard jetways, listed as "/J"

- GSX replaced jetways, listed as "/JS"

- SODE standard jetways, listed as "/JS" AND indicated as "XML jetway" in the GSX parking customization page.

A340-642

« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2022, 11:37:01 pm »
Please clarify exactly which scenery you are referring to, and which kind of jetways it uses:

- Standard jetways, listed as "/J"

- GSX replaced jetways, listed as "/JS"

- SODE standard jetways, listed as "/JS" AND indicated as "XML jetway" in the GSX parking customization page.
Hi,
I don't have time for sim flying currently, but today I've checked if anything changed after recent updates regarding the problem in this thread. The issue persists. However, curiosity is that jetways don't work on airports, where UI says: "This gate has default jetway". I've done quick check on 5 airports and found out that:
1. On these three, there was information that it has default jetway and it didn't move (only prompt came up, that "operation is completed" and nothing changed visually): EDDF Aerosoft, OMDB Flytampa, EGLL Aerosoft
2. On EPWA Drzewiecki Design and GCFV MK Studios, there was no such information and jetways operate as they should.
Not 100% sure, but my guess is that the problem concerns default jetways.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2022, 11:38:57 pm by A340-642 »
Kind regards
M

Alex871

« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2022, 01:48:34 am »
I'm also still experiencing this and the problems with the pushback droping the gear and duplicate wing walker that spawns in but only is static. This is with heavy pushback only but the nose gear drops rapidly on all tugs for me.