Author Topic: P3Dv4.5 No Animated Jetways  (Read 4642 times)

liamr685

P3Dv4.5 No Animated Jetways
« on: September 11, 2022, 04:28:57 pm »
Chaps,

So with the latest update, GSX now recognises all stands at all my addon airports, but one issue still remains.

No animated jetways.

Out of all my sceneries, only 2 have animated jetways (UK2000 EGKK & T2G OTHH V2) Everywhere else, does not.
Even when I check SODE, SODE states there are no triggerable objects within 12km.

This is an issue that started back when the initial update was pushed that bugged GSX entirely. For me, this is the only bug remaining to be fixed.

Any ideas?

heidjer1

Re: P3Dv4.5 No Animated Jetways
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2022, 06:09:47 pm »
I have the same problem. At none of my airports do the jetways work via the GSX menu.
What is the cause?

A340-642

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2022, 01:59:41 pm »
Hi Y'all,
Using GSX+GSX 2 for quite some time, however It's my first post in this forums :).
I'm satisfied with this product. Everything ran smoothly in my P3DV4.5, but yesterday I've noticed the same issue as colleagues in earlier posts.
Last flight I did, was on August 1st, but from time to time I check if everything is ok after updates and so I did yesterday, that's how I discovered this error.
After pressing "operate jetways", GSXs green bar says: operating jetways and operation is completed, but it's not visually - jetway does not move. Initially I thought, that it might be SODE, so I've checked, and there were not any updates recently.
I've tried a few airports: OMDB, EGLL, EDDF and the only way to move these jetbridges was Ctrl+J, but that's not why we've got GSX right? The curiosity is, that it worked via GSX on EPWA.
Everything worked well, when I last used it back in August.
I think it's GSXs issue and I'm looking forward for fix or help!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2022, 02:08:27 pm by A340-642 »
Kind regards
M

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2022, 02:49:54 pm »
Out of all my sceneries, only 2 have animated jetways (UK2000 EGKK & T2G OTHH V2) Everywhere else, does not.

Do the "Everywhere else" airport ALL have SODE jetways ?

A340-642

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2022, 04:29:48 pm »
In my case - YES. As I mentioned, it used to work well.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2022, 04:33:48 pm by A340-642 »
Kind regards
M

liamr685

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2022, 06:37:44 pm »

Yes.
And they all worked prior to the infamous update a few weeks ago,

heidjer1

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2022, 07:32:26 pm »
Before the update everything worked fine.

dnunes

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2022, 05:26:19 pm »
The same with me. Until the problems started everything would work as expected. Currently it seems that my problems only have to see with the jetways operation. My most notable situation is at Heathrow (Aerosoft scenery): As I fly for British Airways Virtual, almost 50% of my flights start or end at Heathrow. Before the problems started everything was working as expected (I mean GSX related). Now I am unable to control the jetways using the GSX commands. They will work with Ctrl+J. I have accepted this situation, hoping that sometime in the future GSX will again control my jetways... I have to say that, in many other airports, GSX will control my jetways.
But today I had a surprise: my flight was ending at Zurich (a FSDT scenery) and the jetways would not be controlable by GSX... I was surprised, as they work at my other FSDT scenery, Geneva.
I have reinstalled my Zurich scenery, have run the Live Update, but the result was exactly the same. So what should I do?

Regards,

Domingos

villaloha

• Canadian Airlines International
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2022, 10:36:14 pm »
Just landed at KORD (scenery made by FSDT) and to find deeply disappointed that ALL jetways is gone.

I left KATL with extremely limited gates that can be operated by GSX.

I did email Umberto asking for help but seems he is not interested.

Do anyone of you have older version where I can roll back so I can use GSX?

Thanks.

(FRUSTRATED pilot!!)

eldar2112

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2022, 02:40:05 pm »
Hoping to add some helpful info to this thread. I too have an issue with jetways showing up in P3D 4.5 since the update.
What I have found so far (more testing needed though):
When I start at an FSDreamteam airport, jetways are visible. When I fly to an FSDreamteam airport (only KCLT and KORD so far) the jetways are missing. If I restart Couatl, the jetways will then appear.
I'm not really sure where to start to try to resolve this. Umberto, if there is anything that I can add here that will help you, please let me know.

I would just like to add that in over a decade of using your products, this is the first time I've ever had a problem that wasn't caused by me not downloading the latest installer (not a problem anymore) of a scenery/product. The quality of FSDreamteam sceneries and GSX has earned a life long customer here.

Thank you,
Kail

dnunes

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2022, 12:23:49 pm »
I am really surprised that FSDT has not yet come with a solution for this problem. Why not revert to the software state before the problems started? If it is not agreable to see that my Aerosoft Heathrow scenery does not have anymore controlable jetways, it is quite a surprise to have the same problem with Zurich, an FSDT scenery.
When is it expected to have this problem solved?

Kind Regards,

Domingos

cirurgiao

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2022, 02:41:21 pm »
Hello.
1) I'm certain that FSDT is doing all that needs to be done to correct the faulty LiveUpdate but just to make a downgrade to previous LiveUpdate will be taking a step back
2) i'm not a computer expert so don't know how to create instructions to be read by softwares (I'm a surgeon btw). It's obvious (to me at least) that things aren't the same as making a sandwhich or else.
3) lets wait for the new LiveUpdate
Eduardo Passos
Win10 64bit/P3Dv4.5/I10940X@4.2/GeForce RTX2080TI/128GB Corsair DDR

liamr685

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2022, 10:54:09 pm »
Still find it odd GSX only animates jetways at 2 of my sceneries.

The rest, GSX recognises, but doesnt animate, and SODE doesnt see them either.

Again, all started when this update came out.

A340-642

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2022, 03:35:21 pm »
Hi,
Unfortunately the issue still persists after update...
Kind regards
M

villaloha

• Canadian Airlines International
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2022, 04:52:33 pm »
Hi,
Unfortunately the issue still persists after update...

+1