Author Topic: CTD when on approach  (Read 17037 times)

bkircher

• Beta tester
Re: CTD when on approach
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2010, 09:51:35 pm »
So if the case is right that Im running out of memory, is there a way that I can like defrag my memory to reduce the amt of memory that is being used?

9Y-POS

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2010, 01:54:39 pm »
OK i think i have now narrowed the issue i've been having w/ the freezing that comes on approach to PHNL, ive noticed it only occurs at dusk, night or dawn, even if i load the scenery from a runway or gate, the same issue of the scenery freezing.
Could this be a texture issue w/ the some night time textures or something? just a  guess.

Regards

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2010, 07:40:36 pm »
Hmm interesting. Ill have to see if I get the ctds on approach at that time of day.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2010, 08:37:50 pm »
Yes, there is a missing texture, if was discussed here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=2743.0

we already fixed it in the version for the patch, but in the meantime, you can try the solution posted in that thread.

9Y-POS

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2010, 11:28:09 pm »
Quote from: virtuali link=topic=2762.msg23401#msg 23401 date=1266435470
Yes, there is a missing texture, if was discussed here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=2743.0

we already fixed it in the version for the patch, but in the meantime, you can try the solution posted in that thread.

Yup that did it, no more freezing, alas! ;D

wait a minute i think i was a bit to hasty to jump for joy, it just happened again! Now why is this happening intermittently i have no idea, at this point i'm just miffed. maybe when the update is released it would work itself out mysteriously, for now i give up  :(
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 01:02:51 am by 9Y-POS »

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2010, 06:36:22 am »
With those textures that were needed from the FLL scenery seems to have done the trick for the time being. I did not get a ctd, but the buildings were very slow to load. Not sure why. The cargo buildings loaded right when I was about to touch down, and usually the buildings are loaded some 5miles out.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2010, 11:02:27 am »
The cargo buildings loaded right when I was about to touch down, and usually the buildings are loaded some 5miles out.

Have you followed all the discussion about the Anti-popup slider ? That controls the loading range for objects.

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2010, 07:40:35 pm »
No I have not, where is that? Sorry about that. Thanks for all the help Umberto

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2010, 10:13:30 pm »
Well, it was on the KFLL forum, however the concepts are valid for any of our sceneries. Basically, with the Anti-popup slider, you can increase the range of objects ( 1.0 means as they are designed, 10.0 means 10x bigger range, etc.), at the cost of fps. Just try with different settings, depending on your system.

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2010, 10:47:18 pm »
Ok ya I got it and see it. Now is that just for your scenerys that the anti pop up slider works for?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2010, 11:33:56 pm »
Yes, only objects handled by the Addon Manager.

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2010, 11:34:51 pm »
Ok gotcha. THanks Umberto!!!!

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2010, 07:37:18 pm »
I set the anti popup slider to 20, and when I was landing the buildings still poped up around a 1 mile final. Any suggestions?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2010, 09:10:19 pm »
I set the anti popup slider to 20, and when I was landing the buildings still poped up around a 1 mile final. Any suggestions?

If by "buildings", you mean the main terminals, these are not handled by that slider, and are not even using dynamic loading range so, they are always loaded when in the scenery range, which is 8 nm for PHNL so, it's just not possible they would load at 1 nm.

Don't confuse buildings, with additional extra detail on them, which is the LOD in action.

For example, a building might load at 8 nm, but a more detailed version of it will load closer. This doesn't have anything to do with the Anti-popup and, since it's NOT causing pauses (because the object is loaded entirely with all its LODs only once), will stay like this.

The things that are controlled by the Anti-popup slider are smaller details, like ground vehicles, cars, signs, 3d taxilghts, etc..

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2010, 09:36:39 pm »
Ya I was refering to the terminal buildings. Ok, I thought that the anti slider controlled all buildings, but ok I understand now. Wasnt sure 100%