Author Topic: CTD when on approach  (Read 17110 times)

bkircher

• Beta tester
CTD when on approach
« on: February 07, 2010, 07:19:33 am »
Hi there

For some strange reason I keep getting a CTD when I am assigned my approach into HNL. Everytime when the atc assigns me runway 4R ils, right after I accept it, the sim crashes. It does the same for other runways as well. At first I thought it was an AI traffic issue, so I turned off all my ai and the problem did not exsist. WHen I turned it back on the problem came back, but what leads me to believe its not ai, is the fact that I never had this problem before I had the FSDT version of the scenery, all I had before was a stock airport and a afcad by Ray Smith.
As far as my afcad goes, yes I have tweaked it, but not modified any of the approaches or anything, all I have changed is some parking assignments and added ga parking. I am thinking about loading default data from the default airport within ade as another form of troubleshooting the problem.

Its very strange. Any ideas?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: CTD when on approach
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 07:34:31 am »
Check again if it happens with the AFCAD we supply with the scenery.

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 07:58:58 am »
It does, it always has. I have never changed anything regarding approaches in the afcad. Jst parking assignments, so I would think it wouldnt make a difference on if I changed parking assignments or not. But I did just add the stock data from with in ade for navaids and approaces. That seemed to have fixed the problem, but since I did that, I lost the star runways feature that your afcad came with. So I got it to stop crashing, but I lost one of the nice features your afcad had and came with. Any further suggestions? Here is what my afcad looks like now with the default data loaded.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 08:01:11 am by bkircher »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 08:58:23 am »
It does, it always has.

Strange, because nobody else reported it.

I have never changed anything regarding approaches in the afcad.

There's nothing to change, because there are no approaches in our AFCAD to begin with. That's why I find odd that it would crash when selecting a runway in the ATC, which would suggest something is wrong with the approaches. But we haven't included any! The approaches are coming from the default AFCAD.

But I did just add the stock data from with in ade for navaids and approaces. That seemed to have fixed the problem, but since I did that, I lost the star runways feature that your afcad came with.

As I've said, I don't see how duplicating the default approaches in the scenery would fix a crash, that hasn't been reported by anybody else.

In any case, I've just tried doing a full IFR flight to PHNL and, no crashes whatsoever, using the 4R ILS approach so, I must assume there's something else in your system that is creating that problem.

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2010, 06:13:39 pm »
I dont know what to say other than, yes me duplicating the approaches fixed the problem. Before I did this, on my flight before I got a ctd, I saved the flight then duplicated the fde, resumed the flight, and I didnt get a ctd.

9Y-POS

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2010, 09:01:18 pm »
Hi there

For some strange reason I keep getting a CTD when I am assigned my approach into HNL. Everytime when the atc assigns me runway 4R ils, right after I accept it, the sim crashes. It does the same for other runways as well. At first I thought it was an AI traffic issue, so I turned off all my ai and the problem did not exsist. WHen I turned it back on the problem came back, but what leads me to believe its not ai, is the fact that I never had this problem before I had the FSDT version of the scenery, all I had before was a stock airport and a afcad by Ray Smith.
As far as my afcad goes, yes I have tweaked it, but not modified any of the approaches or anything, all I have changed is some parking assignments and added ga parking. I am thinking about loading default data from the default airport within ade as another form of troubleshooting the problem.

Its very strange. Any ideas?

I'm having the same issues! I just purchased three of these sceneries and just went out to test PHNL first and on approach to 4R the sim freezes and then CTD, i don't have any other PHNL scenery installed and also i noticed that i can't get runway info from the gps, i have to go to map view to retrieve the info.

Any thoughts?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2010, 08:05:10 am »
i don't have any other PHNL scenery

A conflicting scenery doesn't have to do another specific PHNL scenery but, for example, an additional AFCAD that is supplied with an addon traffic package ? What traffic are you using ?

installed and also i noticed that i can't get runway info from the gps, i have to go to map view to retrieve the info.

Apart that I don't have any crashes, as you can see, runway info in the GPS works just fine here, see the attached screenshots.

9Y-POS

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2010, 01:29:43 pm »
A conflicting scenery doesn't have to do another specific PHNL scenery but, for example, an additional AFCAD that is supplied with an addon traffic package ? What traffic are you using ?

I'm using UT2, i double checked for additional afcads but there aren't any, although i did have Ray Smiths afcad installed, i removed it and the ctd does not occur anymore!

Apart that I don't have any crashes, as you can see, runway info in the GPS works just fine here, see the attached screenshots.

Having said that i can't get the runway info to show though and for some reason the ils to 4R gets messed up everytime i try an approach the AC goes in the opposite direction, the localiser just sends me of on another course, i'm miffed Huh
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 01:49:47 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2010, 01:49:55 pm »
i did have Ray Smiths afcad installed, i removed it and the ctd does not occur anymore!

I was fairly sure of that...

Having said that i can't get the runway info to show though and for some reason the ils to 4R gets messed up everytime i try an approach the AC goes in the opposite direction, the localiser just sends me of on another course, i'm miffed ???

Which shouldn't happen because, our AFCAD does not include any ILS so, whatever localizer info you get, should normally come from the default scenery. If you see anything different, then it's another scenery in conflict.

Note that, this doesn't have to be an AFCAD: it's possible to include an ILS even in a normal old-style SCASM-type BGL so, this can be anywhere, and it will not be found by any of the AFCAD utilities out there or those that looks for duplicate airports.

9Y-POS

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2010, 02:12:39 pm »
author=virtuali link=topic=2762.msg23057#msg23057 date=1265633395]

Which shouldn't happen because, our AFCAD does not include any ILS so, whatever localizer info you get, should normally come from the default scenery. If you see anything different, then it's another scenery in conflict.

Note that, this doesn't have to be an AFCAD: it's possible to include an ILS even in a normal old-style SCASM-type BGL so, this can be anywhere, and it will not be found by any of the AFCAD utilities out there or those that looks for duplicate airports.

I checked your afcad w/ AFX and the ils info is there "AP_PHNL.BGL" complete with LOC,GP and DME? It's in the scenery folder of PHNL.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2010, 02:22:32 pm »
I checked your afcad w/ AFX and the ils info is there "AP_PHNL.BGL" complete with LOC,GP and DME? It's in the scenery folder of PHNL.

No, it's not.

It's just that AFX is also showing you the underlying info coming from the default scenery, for your convenience.

I guess that, if you try to *edit* the ILS, it will create a COPY of it, to be included in the AFCAD when you compile it back, so the edited version will take the precedence over the default navaid, which is what you normally want to do, and it's the same behaviour of the old AFCAD utility.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 02:24:39 pm by virtuali »

9Y-POS

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2010, 02:32:01 pm »

No, it's not.

It's just that AFX is also showing you the underlying info coming from the default scenery, for your convenience.

I guess that, if you try to *edit* the ILS, it will create a COPY of it, to be included in the AFCAD when you compile it back, so the edited version will take the precedence over the default navaid, which is what you normally want to do, and it's the same behaviour of the old AFCAD utility.

Oh ok thanks for that bit of info, i guess i'll go try that approach again and hope for better luck this time around maybe i'll use some other equipment for a test flight just to ensure the fault is not with the AC.

Thanks much

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2010, 09:10:00 pm »
The only thing that doesnt make sense is the fact that the ctd happens when ATC assigns me an approach into HNL. Also when the ctd happens, I do not get an out of memory error message.

9Y-POS

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2010, 11:56:19 pm »
Quote from: kircher link=topic=2762.msg23069#msg 23069 date=1265659800
The only thing that doesnt make sense is the fact that the ctd happens when ATC assigns me an approach into HNL. Also when the ctd happens, I do not get an out of memory error message.

I can report that i did a successful ils approach into 4R without a hiccup with the PA airbus ;D

Beikircher i don't know if you may have overlooked the other part of Ray's afcad which is what i did and that is to remove both bgl files, one from the add-on scenery folder and the other from scenery/ world/ scenery that should stop those CTD's that you are experiencing.

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2010, 01:31:52 am »
Ya I have both of those removed. I have no idea whats causing the issue.