Author Topic: No couatl No buildings?? **SOLVED**  (Read 6979 times)

antaa1

No couatl No buildings?? **SOLVED**
« on: February 05, 2010, 04:19:51 pm »
Hey, I have to say id love to buy FS dreamteam klas however, im getting that annoying problem of no buildings. I've  been readings the posts about it but I think my problem is a little different. I tryed most of the things people said like re installing, adding the new add on manager, disabling my anti virus ect. Still no luck. Maybe some things that can help are the fact that in the fsx menu I see the add on tab and it has the add on manager but not the couatl in the dropdown. Also, im getting a weird message when I check the coualt is the fsx/fsdreamteam file:

"The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher".

I would think that this is most likely the problem. Im running Windows 7 64 bit. Is there an easy soultion to this and can it be fixed??

« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 06:53:58 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No couatl No buildings??
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 07:11:28 pm »
Are you running FSX into any of the XP compatibility modes ? If yes, this is most likely the cause of the problem.

Also, check you don't have set Couatl itself to run into an XP compatibility mode by mistake.

This is checked by right-clicking on both FSX.EXE and fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe files, then select "Properties" and the "Compatibility" tab.

antaa1

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 09:37:25 pm »
Ok, i'm not sure if fsx is running into any of the XP compatibility modes, not sure exactly what that all means. Also, where can I find the fsx.exe file?? When i go to the fsdreamteam\couatl file I get that message about the "Check your computer's system information" message when I click the app. I would really like if can figure this all out so i can get some FS Dreamteam products. Lastly I have megasceneryx las vegas that couldn't be adding to this problem could it? I have it below FS Dreamteam in the scenery menu...

thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 10:19:31 pm »
Ok, i'm not sure if fsx is running into any of the XP compatibility modes, not sure exactly what that all means.

As I've said:

This is checked by right-clicking on both FSX.EXE and fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe files, then select "Properties" and the "Compatibility" tab.

Also, where can I find the fsx.exe file??

In the folder you installed FSX into. Which, by default (on a English-language Windows) is "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X"

When i go to the fsdreamteam\couatl file I get that message about the "Check your computer's system information" message when I click the app

You shouldn't launch the program yourself: it's supposed to be launched by FSX when it starts, and it won't work by manually launching it, if FSX has launched it already.

However, instead of double clicking it to launch it, you can check if it's not set into XP compatibility mode. And, the same should be checked for the FSX.EXE

Also, pay attention to the antivirus. You shouldn't just turn it off, you HAVE to do the following, exactly the following, and nothing else:

- Turn the Antivirus OFF entirely. This IS important

- Reinstall the scenery with the antivirus turned off. Don't launch FSX yet

- Configure the antivirus to ignore the file:

YOUR_FSX_FOLDER\fsdreamteam\Couatl\couatl.exe

- Turn the antivirus back on

- Launch FSX and try it.

antaa1

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2010, 01:10:42 am »
ok so were getting closer to figuring this ou ti think. My fsx.exe isnt in C:\Program Files however its installed into C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X.... should i copy it over to regular program files?

As for running in any XP compatibility modes both the fsx.exe and coualt.exe xp compatibility boxes werent checked so i guess that means no.

Ill try the anti virus thing now but could it be where it was stored in program files (x86) or that doesnt mean anything?

antaa1

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2010, 02:55:58 am »
Hey! thank you for all you help. It was all about the anti virus, it had to be totally shut off, then configured to allow the coualt in fsx. The FS Dreamteam Vegas scenery looks AMAZING! Thaks again for your patience.