Author Topic: GSX Main Menu stuck in loading  (Read 2980 times)

turbay

GSX Main Menu stuck in loading
« on: September 04, 2022, 09:49:21 am »
Hello all,

the GSX Main Menu stucks in the loading process, is there a workaround for this? what are the reasons for this issue?

Thanks!

coxo2436

Re: GSX Main Menu stuck in loading
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2022, 10:17:33 am »
we pay big bug bucks for this addon and IT DOES'NT WORK AS ADVERTISED it sooo buggy how do i get a refund ?
catering trucks running over baggage lift trollys no passengers boarding (only crew)using wrong doors baggage lifts using non existent doors, crew walking through closed exits its a mess
we shouldnt have troubleshoot spending hour and hours trying to work out why stuff doesnt work !!
i have done multiple reinstalls even a clean OS win11 install aggghhh
I am pretty sure they dont refuel with passengers on board
« Last Edit: September 04, 2022, 10:56:10 am by coxo2436 »
win11 msfs2020 beta 1.27.18.0amd ryzen 5600g gforce rtx 2060 super
GSX Pro installed

rogermoore

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2022, 02:45:30 pm »
in the vane attempt to get simbrief connect i changed my simbrief "alias" to pilot name having read the suggestion on the forum.  i now have the loading wheel of death which timesouts after 3-4mins but selecting the menu again brings it back for another 3-4mins of spinning.  one assumes the name change didn't fix the problem, but is there no error handling of lost comms / incorrect account data with simbrief??  now its stuck for all eternity it would seem??

jeffturner

• Sky Blue Radio
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2022, 04:56:21 am »
This isn't a consistent issue for me, but it happens on a regular basis.
Jeff "JT" Turner
Station Manager
Sky Blue Radio

MC20147

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2022, 07:52:40 am »
This happens to me as well about every other flight; generally after landing. I can resolve it 90% of the time by restarting Couatl from the taskbar or killing it through task manager and then manually launching it. I think it's the scripting engine losing connection to the sim but it seems there's no graceful error handling for this situation at the moment.

Hope the above helps as a work around for you.

Regards,

Mark

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2022, 02:14:03 pm »
we pay big bug bucks for this addon and IT DOES'NT WORK AS ADVERTISED it sooo buggy how do i get a refund ?

None of the bugs you are reported are bugs, of course. Your error log simply indicates you failed to update, because that error has been fixed days ago, a few hours after you reported it.

catering trucks running over baggage lift trollys

This is not obviously a "bug", but the way GSX always worked for the past 10 years: vehicles from different services are not constantly checking the positions of all the others, because this would put an enormous strain on the sim, since each and every vehicles should check the position of all the others, at each frame, so it could eventually yeld to it, possibly caused a whole new category of bugs, like deadlocks.

Possible conflicts between vehicles are can be fixed by editing their starting positions, which can be done for each parking.

no passengers boarding (only crew)using wrong doors baggage lifts using non existent doors, crew walking through closed exits its a mess

None of these are obviously "bugs", they are just an indication you are using an airplane not already supported internally, without making a configuration for it, which is what you are supposed to do before you can use it with GSX. Again, that's how GSX always worked.

pltfurkan

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2022, 04:31:32 pm »
i have same issue. I've just installed the add-on and GSX menu just stucks "Loading GSX Menu,Please wait". I waited about 20 min because i thought that it was first start so i had to wait for it but nothing happened. Any help ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2022, 04:47:48 pm »
i have same issue. I've just installed the add-on and GSX menu just stucks "Loading GSX Menu,Please wait". I waited about 20 min because i thought that it was first start so i had to wait for it but nothing happened. Any help ?

Your log doesn't seem complete, as if you either quit too early when creating it. Or, the program possibly crashed, do you still have the couatl icon in the Tray bar notification area ?

pltfurkan

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2022, 10:15:56 am »

Your log doesn't seem complete, as if you either quit too early when creating it. Or, the program possibly crashed, do you still have the couatl icon in the Tray bar notification area ?

Yes, i still have icon. How many mins Do you recommend to wait ? I’ve already waited about 20 mins to solve this stucking issue but nothing changed. Is it normal ?

Waiting your help.

flyboy340

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2022, 01:17:13 pm »
I Have the same problem "Loading GSX Menu, Please Wait". 
The Python Icon is in the system tray & says "Airport Cache Loaded Successfully" .
I have tried restarting Python, but not effect. I have uninstalled GSX & reinstalled, but still have the same problem.
I am using Windows 10. MSFS runs perfectly OK on my system without any CTDs.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2022, 03:22:55 pm »
The Python Icon is in the system tray & says "Airport Cache Loaded Successfully" .

You surely must have a problem with this folder:

INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE \\?\F:\MSFS\Community\pilotplus-egtb-wycombeairpark\*

as if it doesn't exist, or it's corrupted, or it has blocked access. However, if you Enable the SU10 Navdata option in the Config panel, you won't need an airport cache to begin with, which will make GSX starting up way faster, and not being affected by mistakes in your Community folder.

flyboy340

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2022, 06:14:51 pm »

You surely must have a problem with this folder:

INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE \\?\F:\MSFS\Community\pilotplus-egtb-wycombeairpark\*

as if it doesn't exist, or it's corrupted, or it has blocked access. However, if you Enable the SU10 Navdata option in the Config panel, you won't need an airport cache to begin with, which will make GSX starting up way faster, and not being affected by mistakes in your Community folder.

Many thanks for the suggestion. I have both deleted the wycombeairpark problem file and I also enabled the SU10 Navdata.

Unfortunately, I am still get the "Loading GSX Menu, Please Wait"

Any other suggestions would be gratefully received

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2022, 08:21:09 pm »
Unfortunately, I am still get the "Loading GSX Menu, Please Wait"

Are you sure your log hasn't been overwritten by a subsequent restart ? Because, the only thing it shows now, that either you quit before doing anything, or the simulator crashed, or lost connection with GSX.

CAPT Shark

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2024, 09:39:23 am »
I have just installed this a few days ago. It worked fine for a few flights and now it just gets stuck loading the menu.  I am running 2.9.1, and the current Fenix A320 version. Last airports with issues were Asobo KSFO and BMW KPHX.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2024, 06:01:56 pm by CAPT Shark »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2024, 09:52:34 pm »
- Choose Restart from the right-click menu of the Couatl icon in the Traybar.

- Wait 10-15 seconds before opening the menu again.

- This usually always works.

But if it doesn't, the problem is not GSX anymore, it's your Simconnect being compromised (most likely because you exceeded the max number of Simobjects in the sim, which makes Simconnect not responsive anymore, until a simulator restart.