Author Topic: Flight1's GEX USA with PHNL v1.0 Issue(s)...  (Read 24789 times)

Raclim

Re: Flight1's GEX USA with PHNL v1.0 Issue(s)...
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2010, 10:06:54 pm »
peacedivision is right  :) i deleted the mission pack and the hangars are gone now. now its time to buy the scenery

Thanks peacedivision

Greets,
Randy

JamesChams

« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2010, 11:16:15 pm »
Well I decided to find the cause of this problem, as I'm not convinced at all it is GEX.  And guess what, its NOT!
... Problem solved.   ;D
Mr. "peacedivision,"

Let me be the first one to say, "Thank you," to you 8) ... and, I'm glad to be wrong about GEX being the issue, if only not to have to uninstall it and get this issue fixed as easily as this. :D

My ONLY suggestion is to NOT have users DELETE the scenery .BGL files but either rename the .BGL to .BGL_OFF or do as I have by UNCHECKING the ACTIVE checkbox for the Falcon X Scenery Folder in FSX's Scenery Library.
(eg. see Pic below "FSDT_PHNL_AI_Building_DISABLE_Aerosoft_FALCON_X.jpg")

PS: Placing the FALCON X Scenery Folder in a lower priority in the FSX Scenery Library does NOT fix this issue, you have to either disable it or rename the files.

Thank you once again.
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

peacedivision

« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2010, 11:37:22 pm »
hehe, I think you misunderstood :)  I don't recommend they delete the scenery, simply that they uncheck "Falcon X" in the scenery library

But either way, I'm just glad its solved.

ESzczesniak

« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2010, 12:20:58 am »
Well I decided to find the cause of this problem, as I'm not convinced at all it is GEX.  And guess what, its NOT!

The problem is in the scenery added by the Aerosoft F-16, or F-16 missions pack.  Look in your scenery libray for Falcon X, turn off. hangers gone.

Problem solved.   ;D

Excellent job!  Somehow that seems so simple, yet no one was able to come up with it.

peacedivision

« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2010, 12:35:47 am »
Well sometimes the simple solutions can be the most difficult to figure out.  James is also absolutely right that the scenery priority for Falcon X had no effect, mine was far below PHNL.

We can also thank Aerosoft for not using PHNL in their BGL filenames :-\ that alone would have made the fix very quick for most.

In the end it was just trial and error, disabling huge blocks of scenery in my library until the hangers went away.