Author Topic: Flight1's GEX USA with PHNL v1.0 Issue(s)...  (Read 24969 times)

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
Re: Flight1's GEX USA with PHNL v1.0 Issue(s)...
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2010, 11:43:03 am »
I use WOAI traffic, which does nothing with AFCADs, so I also doubt this as a source.

Some of the WOAI military packages do include AFCADS. I had some bad situations occure at a few airports worldwide in FSX when I first installed all the WOAI packages due to their military packages putting AFCADS in FSX that I was unaware of. Once I deleted all of their AFCADs I was fine, but had to fine modified FSX ADE's to replace the ones WOAI installed. They have some military packages that quite possibly could have installed AFCADS that are causing the problem. Unfortunately I deleted them on my system so long ago that I dont remember where they were placed exactly, but I am thinking they may have been in either addon scenery/scenery folder or the scenery/world/scenery folder. Check these two locations to be sure.

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2010, 11:52:33 am »
I just went to the WOAI site and saw that they have a Hickam C-17 package of which Hickam is at PHNL. That could be the source of the trouble if it has an AFCAD installed in FSX.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 05:02:06 pm by cmpbllsjc »

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2010, 12:02:59 pm »
I just went to the WOAI site and saw that they have a Hickam C-17 package of which Hickam is at PHNL. That could be the source of the trouble if it has an AFCAD installed in FSX.

I just installed the WOAI Hickam C-17 package and it installed an FS9 AFCAD into my FSX/Addon Scenery/Scenery folder called MAIW_AF2_PHNL_DEFAULT_DB.bgl.

Look for that file and remove it if you have it and that should fix the problem.

I dont own the FSDT PHNL scenery so I cant test it on my system, but I wouldn't be surprised if that is the cause of the problems.

If not, sorry for occupying forum space. Might be beneficial to the FS9 users also if they have AFCAD issues and are running the WOAI package.

Edit:
Using the WOAI uninstaller doesn't remove the AFCAD in FSX, it needs to be deleted manually.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 04:55:32 pm by cmpbllsjc »

icycle

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2010, 04:24:58 pm »

I can confirm that the MAIW Hickam (sic) - pronounced "Hick-em" - AFB AFCAD does not impact the issue for me.  Pretty much knowing the MAIW AFCAD was developed for default PHNL, using FS9, told me to leave it out of FSX.

The source seems to be the GEX install, combined with the FSDT PHNL.  When I removed GEX, the extra hangers issue went away.  As I prefer both GEX-USA & PHNL, I'll personally deal with the hangers until a formal resolve is completed.

Thanks
Bill

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2010, 05:01:21 pm »
Good to know that it's not that file for you. Though it was worth mentioning though since not everyone know that. Strange that GEX is causing it. I haven't seen GEX place a hanger or any type of autogen inside of any airports. Have seen UTX do some funny things, but not GEX. Guess anything is possible though.

Thanks for pointing out that I spelled it wrong. I know how to pronounce it. Guess when I wrote that at 5 am I was a little tired, lol.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 05:05:00 pm by cmpbllsjc »

ESzczesniak

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2010, 07:16:59 pm »
I also do not have the MAIW package installed.  It seems odd that GEX is adding hangers, but at least it's a clear source.  Now it's time to figure out how to remove them (...abd the small amount of extra tarmac it seems to add).

LCSims

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2010, 06:01:36 am »
I also do not have the MAIW package installed.  It seems odd that GEX is adding hangers, but at least it's a clear source.  Now it's time to figure out how to remove them (...abd the small amount of extra tarmac it seems to add).

GEX is a set of textures, which are annotated with autogen objects. There are no autogen hangers to be placed. When the FSDT scenery is active the photo layer should be excluding any autogen objects not specific to the photo layer. As it does on my system, where I have GEX textures in FSX, but don't have the GEX package installed at the moment. Don't worry, it's just a reinstallation thing for me. And the copy *is* legit, albeit a freebie.  ;D

Somewhere, somehow these scenery objects are appearing. At the moment I don't have UTX installed, but anyone seeing extra objects might want to disable the object repositioning layer to see if the buildings are coming from UTX. They might be, but if they were then it would behoove FSDT to make sure their exclusions extend out this far.

It helps a whole lot (Mr. Chams) to have the lat/lon and heading showing in any screen caps.

ESzczesniak

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2010, 09:29:51 pm »
GEX is a set of textures, which are annotated with autogen objects. There are no autogen hangers to be placed....

I understand that in theory (hence the reason it seems odd that GEX is the culprit), but it seems like a pretty compelling argument that people who have these extra hangars are able to get rid of them simply by uninstalling GEX.

At the moment I don't have UTX installed, but anyone seeing extra objects might want to disable the object repositioning layer to see if the buildings are coming from UTX.

Well, I have these extra hangars and have never even looked at purchasing UTX, much less actually had it on my system.

JamesChams

« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2010, 10:22:26 pm »
Gents,

I know that there was much confusion here but let me assure you'll that the issue is definitely between Flight1's GEX and FSDT's PHNL v1.0 and NOT an AFCAD from MyTraffic X (which I've already removed prior to posting) or any other product (like WOAI or the MAIW package) which I do NOT have installed at all.  For those of you that have the same issue, thank you for confirming it for Virtuali and the FSDT team, who usually need that before they attack an issue.

@Mr. LCSim, will try and add the LON/LAT in future pics for you; however, all the objects are in the vacinity or on the field at PHNL so nothing's outside of that area. 

Thanks for all the help. ;)

"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

LCSims

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2010, 03:14:36 am »
These scenery objects are seen by some, but not all. I have two different land class products to toggle between, along with the default land class and none will show these stray structures? As I mentioned before, I have the GEX textures installed, just not the interface, but that should have no effect.

If this is as claimed, a problem with GEX, then the issue should be addressed at the Flight1 forums, where I'm 99% positive of the response you'll get from Mr. Needham...  :o

I have only seen one set of circumstances where photo scenery does not exclude the autogen of the underlying default (or add on) textures. I don't see that with the FSDT photo work.

And in more than one occasion have random objects appeared from some scenery work totally unrelated, many thousands of miles away.

And James, with lat/lon of the four(?) objects it would take about 90 seconds to make an exclusion to get rid of them.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2010, 11:05:44 am »
I'm not sure GEX is the problem here. According to Flight1, it doesn't even cover Hawaii:

http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=30189

I ask everyone some little bit of patience, we are going to update PHNL soon, probably during this weekend and we hope this issue should be sorted.

JamesChams

« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2010, 01:39:07 am »
... According to Flight1, it doesn't even cover Hawaii:...
Virtuali,

Please re-read Mr. Nick's statement: "...GEX does not cover it completely as of yet.. there are some GEX textures used there but the bulk of them are not replaced as of yet.. "  So they have done something there and I can visually confirm that based on the difference that DEFAULT FSX Hawaii looks from when the GEX/UTX USA package is installed; the difference is like day and night.  I'm NOT looking to pass blame here; its just that us users just have to wait while dev.'s play the "Pass-the-buck" game, again.  So, I'm being patient, again. ;)  

Also, I'll be patient for the next fixes/updates and hope you will include this -> JUST FYI: Wrong Signs issue as well.

Grazie!  :)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 01:45:51 am by JamesChams »
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

ESzczesniak

« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2010, 07:05:56 pm »
Well, I've just started really trying to play around with the scenery issues I've been having.  Unfortunately, the new patch absolutely did not change things for me.  I am on a more thorough search now for duplicate AFCADs or if there is any hope of a difference with scenery library priorites, etc.  I will report if I find a solution myself.

I agree with the comments said before about the absolute lack of logic that this was be associated with GEX.  However, I also can't ignore the evidence that everyone with this problem has GEX and some have reported that it goes away with an uninstall of GEX.

We'll see...

peacedivision

« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2010, 08:54:50 pm »
Unchanged in 1.02 update.

peacedivision

« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2010, 09:02:27 pm »
Well I decided to find the cause of this problem, as I'm not convinced at all it is GEX.  And guess what, its NOT!

The problem is in the scenery added by the Aerosoft F-16, or F-16 missions pack.  Look in your scenery libray for Falcon X, turn off. hangers gone.

Problem solved.   ;D