Author Topic: Flight1's GEX USA with PHNL v1.0 Issue(s)...  (Read 24961 times)

JamesChams

Flight1's GEX USA with PHNL v1.0 Issue(s)...
« on: February 04, 2010, 05:25:33 am »
Virtuali/FSDT Dev.'s,

The issue here is the Flight1's GEX USA & Canada places Hangers/Ground-textures on the field at PHNL that FSDT's PHNL v1.0 scenery DOES NOT EXCLUDE.  Thus, it shows up in the scenery over the FSDT scenery even when ONLY the FSX stock (default) field and AFCAD are enabled.  I disabled all 3rd Party AFACDs and sceneries entries (e.g. MyTraffic X, UTX USA, etc.) to insure that it was NOT an AFCAD.  I, also, made sure that PHNL had a higher priority than all the other 3rd Party products in FSX Scenery library and the problem remains.  Please provide a fix for this in the next update.  Grazie!

Here are examples:-

« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 05:32:44 am by JamesChams »
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

Menemeth

Re: Flight1's GEX USA with PHNL v1.0 Issue(s)...
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 03:31:13 am »
The issue here is the Flight1's GEX USA & Canada places Hangers/Ground-textures on the field at PHNL that FSDT's PHNL v1.0 scenery DOES NOT EXCLUDE.  Thus, it shows up in the scenery over the FSDT scenery even when ONLY the FSX stock (default) field and AFCAD are enabled.  I disabled all 3rd Party AFACDs and sceneries entries (e.g. MyTraffic X, UTX USA, etc.) to insure that it was NOT an AFCAD.  I, also, made sure that PHNL had a higher priority than all the other 3rd Party products in FSX Scenery library and the problem remains.  Please provide a fix for this in the next update.

You need to check again for duplicate AFCADS...When there's two birds piled on top of each other, that generally means you're running duplicate AFCADS.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 09:34:40 am »
You need to check again for duplicate AFCADS...When there's two birds piled on top of each other, that generally means you're running duplicate AFCADS.

The double airplanes are not really the problem, because in this case there's a conflict between the static airplanes and the AI.

The real issues that shows something else is in conflict, are the misplaced grey hangars, that don't belong to PHNL, and are not coming from the MS Default scenery either.

We should be able to fix it, but is a little bit tricky, because there are bugs in the exclude code in FSX (and FS9), that make quite messy to exclude areas without excluding our own stuff, mainly the custom jetways, which is the main problem.

JamesChams

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 04:32:09 pm »
Everyone,

The double airplanes are not really the problem, because in this case there's a conflict between the static airplanes and the AI.
Actually, I started the secession loading the CaptainSim KC-767 at the FSDT's PHNL AFCAD's W Parking spot (only FSX AFCAD Parking spot in the Military Area) and saved the flight for further tests.  So, what you are seeing is the FSDT's static C-17 + my choice of aircraft loaded in the same spot.  I believe that this problem was mentioned before in another post so, I hope this clears any confusion about it being AFCAD and/or AI related.

The real issues that shows something else is in conflict, are the misplaced grey hangars, that don't belong to PHNL, and are not coming from the MS Default scenery either.

We should be able to fix it, but is a little bit tricky, because there are bugs in the exclude code in FSX (and FS9), that make quite messy to exclude areas without excluding our own stuff, mainly the custom jetways, which is the main problem.
Yes, this is the MAIN ISSUE HERE, and I believed that it is related to Flight1's GEX USA & Canada as that is the ONLY addon AUTOGEN product that affects this area that I have NO way of turning off.  I was able to disable Flight'1 UTX USA and some of the texture elements, etc. went away but this basically means that the current FSDT PHNL v1.0 is not able to surpress Flight1's UTX & GEX USA items inplace of its own.  

I appreciate whatever can be done to fix this and will wait for it in the next release(s).
Grazie!
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

cshark172

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2010, 08:34:03 pm »
I have GEX USA/CAN and UTX USA and do not have the extra hangers.  Are you using any addon landclass products?  GEX does not add additional autogen to the sim, just places textures where the landclass tells it to.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 08:36:07 pm by cshark172 »

JamesChams

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2010, 11:15:48 pm »
I have GEX USA/CAN and UTX USA and do not have the extra hangers.  Are you using any addon landclass products?  GEX does not add additional autogen to the sim, just places textures where the landclass tells it to.
The ONLY other product is FSGlobal 2010 and I disabled that along with UTX USA before I reported this.  I am also showing these on other systems and all my FSX display sliders are MAX.'ed; your's might not be and that is why you do not see these.  (I've noticed that before with other addons where even the developers didn't have sliders at max when testing :-X )  Also, GEX + UTX does place extra autogen with landclass, etc.  So, for now, unless otherwise proven, its most likely a conflict with GEX/UTX USA-CAN.
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

cshark172

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2010, 01:29:48 am »
Just fired up the sim with all scenery sliders maxed, UTX active and GEX installed.  No unwanted hangers.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 01:34:35 am by cshark172 »

JamesChams

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2010, 03:38:28 am »
Just fired up the sim with all scenery sliders maxed, UTX active and GEX installed.  No unwanted hangers.
Could you post some pics of your FSX Scenery Library structure (for UTX USA-CAN and FSDT PHNL) and ALL FSX Display settings, please?
I want to make sure I didn't miss anything; Thanks!  ;)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

cshark172

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2010, 05:35:10 am »
No problem.  Here are some captures of my scenery library showing the UTX-USA layers and PHNL layer and my settings when I took the screen shot earlier.  One thing I forgot to mention is that I have Scenery Tech Landclass installed, so I tried with it disabled and the result on the airfield was the same.  I also disabled UTX and Scenery Tech both, and had the same result.  Your screen shots look very much like another AFCAD above the PHNL scenery, but I see from your AFX shot, you don't have any other AFCADs, so that should rule that out.  When I first installed the scenery, I forgot I had the Alpha India Group AFCAD for PHNL in my Addon Scenery directory and had some double objects on the airport.  Removing the AFCAD cleared that right up.

Kilo60

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2010, 07:48:11 pm »
Hmmmm...

I was considering purchasing this one but I also have UTX Usa & Canada and Scenery Tech USA landclass addons installed.

I've seen similar issues such as this in other addon airports like AIG whre I get occasion trees/bulidings on the airport aprons where they shouldn't be.  This is with no duplicate AFCADS either...

It has to be down to the landclass layering....  and therein in some order the fix has to be.  Maybe uninstalling or reinstalling UTX and ST after this airport.

Maybe ST shouldn't be sandwiched between the UTX Urban and Vegetation layers...

B.T.W. did you check for any remaining library object .bgl files for AIG's PHNL airport???

Very curious to find the solution.

HiFlyer

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2010, 02:55:34 am »
@JamesChams: Are you using Mytraffic? I believe (unfortunately) that they also include certain structures that can cause conflicts. I seem to vaguely remember an issue I had with Mytraffic (and fsdt Las Vegas) that once a Afcad had been used, buildings were sometimes left behind unless you physically marked the specific Traffic X Afcad for that area as passive. (even when MytrafficX had lower priority, maybe because these extra buildings were not excluded by the higher priority scenerys?)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 08:08:51 pm by HiFlyer »
i7 920 @ 3.8ghz \ Coolermaster V8 Cpu Cooler \ Asus P6T Deluxe
Nvidia 280 Gpu \ 6 Gigs Corsair Ram \ Vista 64
X-Fi Extreme Music Audio
AntecTruepower Quattro 850w Psu \ Klipsch Thx Audio Speakers
Gateway FPD2485w 24' Monitor

peacedivision

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2010, 04:06:45 am »
I guess I just hadn't explored the airport enough, but I have the same rogue hangers as James. 

ESzczesniak

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2010, 09:51:57 pm »
Turns out I have a couple extra hangars too.  They kind of hide since they are deep in the military ramps.

EDIT: I should have added a little about my setup.  I have FSGenesis mesh (doubt it's causing this), GEX USA (doubt this, but it's a little more possible) and SceneryTech NA Landclass (?...doesn't seem logical but who knows).  I've never had any freeware or payware Hawaii specific scenery installed and have no other global add-ons other than REX which I can all but be certain is not causing this.  I use WOAI traffic, which does nothing with AFCADs, so I also doubt this as a source.

I have looked for duplicate AFCADs, but only know how to do this by just manually looking through the FSX file structure.  Is there a more efficient way (like a program) to check for these?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 04:44:19 pm by ESzczesniak »

Raclim

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2010, 12:54:48 am »
I have the same isseu with the demo, so that is keeping me from buying it, i have tried everything, i even deleted the default afcad :o

Please someone make it go away :'(

Greets,
Randy

ESzczesniak

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2010, 01:54:43 am »
Please someone make it go away :'(

LOL...I agree, although still a great scenery.  The extra hangers are far in the back of the military cargo ramps.  They're kind of hidden there and I didn't notice them for some time, even when taxiing around a few of the military ramps.  Of course, now that I know they're there, they seem to just stare at me while I'm approaching 08L :(