Author Topic: FSX Phantom?  (Read 11134 times)

DaveT

FSX Phantom?
« on: February 03, 2010, 11:41:24 pm »
Were is the previously promised FSX version pleased?

Sekhet

Re: FSX Phantom?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 12:16:00 am »
Were is the previously promised FSX version pleased?
With all due respect, I do not believe anyone from Cloud9 or FSDreamteam has ever promised a version for FSX!
Cris B.
Capt. (Retired)

“There is a big difference between a pilot and an aviator.  One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight.”  - Elrey Jeppesen

DaveT

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 11:43:56 am »
 Alberto Sangalli
www.fscloud9.com
Promised to make a FSX version years ago, free to all purchasers of the FS9 version. I was merely asking where can this product be downloaded from?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 07:37:02 pm »
Promised to make a FSX version years ago, free to all purchasers of the FS9 version.

Not exactly, a free upgrade to an eventual FSX version was promised by Cloud9, but only for those that bought the Phantom up to the end of the month of its release, which was in September 2006.

Checking your order, you bought it in December ( and also got a 50% discount promotion ) so, you would have been excluded by the free upgrade anyway.

I was merely asking where can this product be downloaded from?

You can't, because it was never done, and I doubt Cloud9 will ever be able to do one, since we got out of touch of most of the people that were originally involved with the Phantom. I know for sure that a least one doesn't do flight sim stuff anymore. They were all free-lancers: the only former Cloud9 employee, Alessandro, which is now with FSDT, wasn't much involved in the Phantom.

There was a change of teams a couple of months or so before the Phantom release (if there wasn't, it would have probably never been released). I took over gauge developement for example and, of course, these could be easily ported into FSX but, unfortunately, an airplane is not made with gauges only...

I had a look at it, just to investigate the chance to do something about it but, unfortunately, Cloud9 made that promise when FSX was just about to be released, and some FS9 features the Phantom uses, do not exists in FSX anymore.

After that, SP1 came, which changed a lot of things but, most importantly, SP2 came, that changed another whole lot of things, specifically related to porting FS9 airplanes into FSX.

I would really like to have the Phantom running in FSX myself, and I have spent some time trying to figure out if it can be done but, right now, there are just too many issues to be solved.

In any case, I would like to make it clear that, our agreement with Cloud9 means we do email support for reactivation and installation help, and we have the right to use part of the previous product to create entirely new products, but it doesn't mean we have to fulfill any promise they have made in the past.

DaveT

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2010, 08:43:55 pm »
Thank you Umberto for explaining. It was much appreciated.

DaveSHQ

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2010, 05:09:25 am »
For those who may not know A2A simulations is making an F-4 for FSX

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=18425