Author Topic: This Post is directed to Umberto  (Read 3454 times)

kmanning

This Post is directed to Umberto
« on: September 02, 2022, 09:50:55 pm »
Umberto,

I hope you can explain why I'm having these problems. I've been contended with this problem for almost a week, and I'm getting very irritated. I thought you would be the best person to come to with some help and prefer that you help me with this issue if you can. If it's something outside your knowledge, I guess I'll just have to wait until the GSX Update is completed. I don't have any problems in FSX and everything works fine. But in P3Dv4, here's the problem I'm having:

After loading my plane at KSFO gate F82, which is a Flightbeam product, and launching the GSX Parking Facility to dock the jetway, there are no selections for any of facilities normally found in GSX. It only shows 9 items. Items 1 through 8 shows runway start positions and item 9 says 0 suitable parkings, as though there are no parking positions at this airport. See my screenshot in the attachment below. As you can see, there are parking and jetways available at this airport. I've tried everything that I know of to fix this problem.

Another thing that I've noticed is that after running the Live Update and I launch FSX, it prompts me to run the Security Warning, either selecting "Run" or "Don't Run." But when I launch P3Dv4, it does not prompt me to select the Security Warnings as it use to. Everything works fine in FSX. All of my problems are in P3D and I don't understand why I'm having this problem all of a sudden. I've already tried deleting the .ini files in the C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roman\Virtuali\GSX that relate to KSFO and it made no difference. I would send you a log.report but I don't see a file named log.report. The only file I see that's in the Viruali folder is a file named Couatl.err. I'll post that below but I'm not sure if this is what you need to help you determine what the problem is. If you need the log.report, where is it so that I can send it to you. I hope you can help me with this so that I can continue to use the GSX and all of its features.

Ken.     
« Last Edit: September 04, 2022, 10:10:22 am by kmanning »

FOD

Re: This Post is directed to Umberto
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2022, 12:53:15 pm »
Ken,
Not Umberto but you can often find a solution on the forums.
In this case also try REM out the ini files in the airfield/scenery folder ie change the file from xxx.ini to (say) xxx.bak
Worked for me with several problem airfields.
John R

kmanning

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2022, 05:58:28 pm »
Ken,
Not Umberto but you can often find a solution on the forums.
In this case also try REM out the ini files in the airfield/scenery folder ie change the file from xxx.ini to (say) xxx.bak
Worked for me with several problem airfields.
John R

I've already been to all of these forums. Although it may provide a solution, this is something that should not have to be done to artificially fix another program. I've read in one of the posts that all of these issues have been going on for 2 or 3 weeks, if not longer. The problem is that when this is finally fixed, if that ever happens, one forgets to rename the file extension back to it's original name, or may even forget what the original extension was. When you change the extension of an .ini file, it is no longer a configuration file for that program, and could cause problems later, especially if one forgets to rename the file back to it's original .ini extension if this happens to take several more weeks or months. I'm sure this problem was caused by one of the updates because the fact remains that everything was working just fine until just recently. By the way, what is REM? I do not see anything in that airport scenery folder that says REM.

Ken.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2022, 06:38:01 pm by kmanning »

kmanning

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2022, 10:11:43 am »
Umberto,

I've just uploaded my GSX Log Report. It's in my original post in the attachments above.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2022, 10:55:15 am by kmanning »

Ray Proudfoot

• Cheadle Hulme Weather
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2022, 04:04:03 pm »
By the way, what is REM? I do not see anything in that airport scenery folder that says REM.

Ken.

It's programmer speak for a remark. In short an aide-memoir to the coder as to the purpose of that line or section of code. Because it shouldn't be read by the program it is commented out using a \\ or ; depending on the program in use.
Cheers,
Ray.

P3Dv5.3HF2, i9-13900K @ 5.5Ghz, RTX4090, 32Gb RAM, 4Tb Crucial T700 NVMe SSD, BenQ 32” 30Hz monitor at 3840*2160 with VSync.

kmanning

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2022, 06:30:51 pm »
By the way, what is REM? I do not see anything in that airport scenery folder that says REM.

Ken.

It's programmer speak for a remark. In short an aide-memoir to the coder as to the purpose of that line or section of code. Because it shouldn't be read by the program it is commented out using a \\ or ; depending on the program in use.

I still do not fully understand what you mean, using words such as "it's programmer speak for a remark," "an aide-memoir," and it's commented out." Non of these words, in quotes, have not explained anything to me. You need to speak in layman terms. Specify what program you're referring to when you say "it shouldn't be read by the program it is commented out using a \\ or ;." A programmer may understand what they mean. But to a layman, these need to be explained by providing examples using images, and in layman terms, using words that everyone, including a layman, understands.

« Last Edit: September 04, 2022, 06:46:43 pm by kmanning »

Ray Proudfoot

• Cheadle Hulme Weather
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2022, 07:42:54 pm »
@kmanning. In any file read by a program extra lines can be inserted that are ignored by the program but are helpful to the user. Those are known as remarks shortened to REMs.

If you don’t understand then sorry, I can’t explain it any better.
Cheers,
Ray.

P3Dv5.3HF2, i9-13900K @ 5.5Ghz, RTX4090, 32Gb RAM, 4Tb Crucial T700 NVMe SSD, BenQ 32” 30Hz monitor at 3840*2160 with VSync.

kmanning

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2022, 08:50:17 pm »
@kmanning. In any file read by a program extra lines can be inserted that are ignored by the program but are helpful to the user. Those are known as remarks shortened to REMs.

If you don’t understand then sorry, I can’t explain it any better.

Regarding the extra lines that can be inserted, what program then are you referring to that I use to insert those lines, GSX or the ini Configuration Settings in the Flightbeam scenery folder? And what line do I use to insert the \\?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2022, 08:57:59 pm by kmanning »

Claude

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2022, 09:02:43 pm »
"REM" can have several meanings including the following: "Short for remark, REM could be a statement placed in system files, such as the autoexec.bat,  to skip lines from loading. A remark is created by placing "REM" (followed by a space) in front of a line. Doing this "remarks" the line from loading..."

As such, to "REM out a file", means to change something about the file so it will not be executed (or run) by a program installed on your computer.

If I wanted to make sure GSX does not react to (or read) a specific airport "ini" file, I could do the following: "REM it out" by changing it's extension. Here's an example: for "kiad-3d8ejl.ini" change it to "kiad-3d8ejl.ini.bak". Now GSX will no longer read that specific airport file. To reactivate the file, simply delete the bak extension.

Ray Proudfoot

• Cheadle Hulme Weather
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2022, 09:02:55 pm »

Regarding the extra lines that can be inserted, what program then are you referring to that I use to insert those lines, GSX or the ini Configuration Settings in the Flightbeam scenery folder? And what line do I use to insert the \\?

We’re going round in circles. I doubt adding any remarks is going to help you if you don’t understand the concept. Given @FOD made the suggestion I’ll leave him to assist.
Cheers,
Ray.

Kalorien

• It is what it is
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2022, 09:30:38 pm »
I would have made a sticky topic, so everybody knows what´s going on. That should reduce all those angry posts...  ;)
Be patient, it will still take some time. We are working on it. Or something like that...
Now the forum is running full of it. Awww  ::)

kmanning

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2022, 05:48:06 am »
"REM" can have several meanings including the following: "Short for remark, REM could be a statement placed in system files, such as the autoexec.bat,  to skip lines from loading. A remark is created by placing "REM" (followed by a space) in front of a line. Doing this "remarks" the line from loading..."

As such, to "REM out a file", means to change something about the file so it will not be executed (or run) by a program installed on your computer.

If I wanted to make sure GSX does not react to (or read) a specific airport "ini" file, I could do the following: "REM it out" by changing it's extension. Here's an example: for "kiad-3d8ejl.ini" change it to "kiad-3d8ejl.ini.bak". Now GSX will no longer read that specific airport file. To reactivate the file, simply delete the bak extension.

Hi Claude,

You have explained this much better than anyone and I fully understand everything now. Some people simply just do not know how to explain things to others and they ignore, or do not answer the questions that are asked directly. You explained it very effectively, and thanks.

kmanning

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2022, 06:06:05 am »
I would have made a sticky topic, so everybody knows what´s going on. That should reduce all those angry posts...  ;)
Be patient, it will still take some time. We are working on it. Or something like that...
Now the forum is running full of it. Awww  ::)

Your profile or ion does not show that you have any connections with FSDT. But you say you would have made a sticky topic or use words such as "We are working on it, as though you're part of the FSDT. If you are, identify your self as one of the team so that we all know. You're only shown as a Newbie.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2022, 06:10:45 am by kmanning »

chano777

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2022, 08:11:59 am »
Hello,
I just have this problem:
Everything is there in the addons menu. But the regestry in the addon manager is not kept.
the gsx window (shift+F12) is not opening also if seleted in the couatl drop down. Of course no objects are shown in the sim.
I uninstalled and installed the GSX with its respective updates;
disable the Firewall and antivirus, I restarted windows and I installed the latest version of SODE but the problem persists.
I use the FSX.
I hope you can help me.
Regards

kmanning

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2022, 10:43:52 am »
Hello,
I just have this problem:
Everything is there in the addons menu. But the regestry in the addon manager is not kept.
the gsx window (shift+F12) is not opening also if seleted in the couatl drop down. Of course no objects are shown in the sim.
I uninstalled and installed the GSX with its respective updates;
disable the Firewall and antivirus, I restarted windows and I installed the latest version of SODE but the problem persists.
I use the FSX.
I hope you can help me.
Regards

Chano 777,

In your screenshot, I've noticed you have CPS-X highlighted and I'm curious as to why you have that highlighted instead of the Addon Manager that you're referring to in your comment. It appears that you're not able to open any of the other menus from the Addon Manager. Are there other menus if you highlight the Addon Manager? So, let me make sure I understand you correctly. You're having problems with the GSX and it will not open when you either select it from the drop down menu or using the shift+F12 keys. If so, I'm not sure what's causing that problem. I do recall in some of the other posts that some were having problems with GSX that would not open.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2022, 10:56:31 am by kmanning »