Author Topic: Support  (Read 2053 times)

elsmoko

Support
« on: September 02, 2022, 08:45:18 am »
What is email address for FSDT support.  I have question that likely should be handled in that manner.
I have tryied contacting via Gmail but have had no luck.
Thank you,
Ken Boardman

elsmoko

Re: Support
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2022, 04:18:14 am »
Help ??

elsmoko

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2022, 11:38:03 am »
Activation problem and GSX quit working following FSDT Live Update.  Please help me fix this.
Ken

Kalorien

• It is what it is
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2022, 01:27:22 pm »
You are not alone Ken. I think there are a lot of people out there waiting for a fix. Do you use FSX?
Peter

elsmoko

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2022, 11:06:47 pm »
Thank you for the reply Peter.  " Misery loves company " ~:)
Yes, I use FSX.  Look forward to moving on to a 64 bit sim soon.  Still haven't decided which sim to move on to.
What are you using?  If FSX, have you thought about what's next for you ?
Ken

Kalorien

• It is what it is
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2022, 08:19:57 pm »
Well if I would theoretically switch to another simulator, I would need to buy new hardware. My actual system for FSX was build for that. And it runs very well in DX10 with Steve's fixer. Just to make a new sim for having nicer graphics and maybe better features like runways which are not even at altitude (of course there is more), that is not enough for me. I like FSX, because I did a lot of work with it and it was also very time consuming. Starting over with another sim, nah. RIght now, I say no thank you. I think, it will still take a very long time for me to update, if I ever do that.

Look here in the forum what is happening with new addons which are connected with older systems. It is unbelievable that these new buggy addons will ruin older good running systems, just because of an "AddonManager" with some Couatl Script Engine which fails to work. It looks to me the first priority is MSFS than P3D and maybe FSX in the end. That's just horrible to see. An update like that must be splitted into each system. Before you do that, there must be a point of return if something goes wrong! I can remember some time ago, I forgot how long ago, but it happened before. Not that bad as it is now, but I had to reinstall and reactive the FSDT software again. You can't do that right now. For me it's not possible. I am really angry about that. I am fed up right now with these developers acting like this.

yurirodin

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2022, 11:53:51 pm »
I used FSX until I started flying the FSlabs airbus with a few add-ons and very often would get out of memory message with the sim shutting down. It became unusable for me because of that. No out of memory errors is the main reason to use P3D.

Kalorien

• It is what it is
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2022, 04:50:55 pm »
Of course you´ll get OOMs as stated at the FSLabs website "NOTE: The FSX version has limitations due to platform and memory constraints as FSX is a legacy 32-bit application no longer supported by Microsoft". Maybe you can fly it without Addon Sceneries but that is the choice you can make before you buy the product  ;)

cirurgiao

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2022, 03:55:25 pm »
Hi, Ken
It seems every developer is giving most attention to MSFS so like posted by Kalorien you must decide carefully because with payware sceneries/aircrafts they aren't exchangeable.
Anyway a 64bit is really what you need, either P3Dv5 (current version) or MSFS.
I chose P3Dv4 (64bit) before any news about MS launching MSFS. Then I upgraded to P3Dv5 and fortunately most of my paywares sceneries  (there were 100+) could be used. With so much money invested in simulation (because we want to get more and more as we become better fliers) one must decide wisely
Eduardo Passos
Win10 64bit/P3Dv4.5/I10940X@4.2/GeForce RTX2080TI/128GB Corsair DDR

cmshawcross

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2022, 03:21:20 pm »
I have been without GSX for over a week following the Live Update. Surely FSDT can just go back to an earlier version of GSX until they can fix the problem.

I am sorry. I am frustrated. Why do we have to wait for over a week with no sign of a fix.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2022, 12:58:31 pm »
Check here, there's a link for the e-mail address.

https://fsdreamteam.com/contacts.html
Captain Kevin

elsmoko

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2022, 08:28:37 pm »
Thank You Kevin.  I'll give it a go ~:)
Ken

elsmoko

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2022, 10:18:31 am »
Re-ran FSDT Live Update tonight (just for fun).  This seems to have returned things to normal.
Disclaimer > have not checked everything.
  And sure would like to hear from the FSDT / Virtuali software authors and / or "support"
regarding this.  WTF happened, and why ??
Best to all,
Ken