Author Topic: Sunk Jetways  (Read 2078 times)

srcooke

Sunk Jetways
« on: August 31, 2022, 06:45:28 pm »
Prior to the 'Pro' update we had floating jetways in P3Dv5, now on arrival at Barcelona which was working perfectly prior to the update the jetways are sunk.

EDIT: If I reset the position at the gate the Jetway returns to normal level.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2022, 06:48:43 pm by srcooke »
Regards
Stephen Cooke

srcooke

Re: Sunk Jetways
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2022, 06:36:52 pm »
OK not all sunk, on arrival at EDDH floating :(

Somehow I have to find the pre-update files.
Regards
Stephen Cooke

srcooke

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2022, 06:13:54 pm »
Have flown arrivals to both airports again with updates as of today and the same issue remains.

Any idea how to resolve this as it absolutely did not occur at either of these until the update of the 18th august.
Regards
Stephen Cooke

villaloha

• Canadian Airlines International
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2022, 06:17:23 pm »
+1

KBTR all jetways sunk too. I really hope Umberto would be kind by resolve this and update specifically for P3D4.5. :)

mleuck

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2022, 06:22:05 pm »
The problem continues without resolution. Why will they not rollback to a working version (because MSFS is more important!)?

villaloha

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2022, 06:37:10 pm »
I agreed! MSFS looks so real and awesome but not very many add-ons available yet. That is why I prefer to wait until more and more add-ons airports and aircraft then I will move onto MSFS.

Meanwhile, still, Umberto should honour all customers who still using P3D4.5. :(

srcooke

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2022, 05:41:54 pm »
This time upon arrival at FSDT LFSB, clean install of LFSB with default afcad and gsx.ini file in use, floating jetways.

As can bee seen everything else is at ground level, if I reload couatl or start at the gate everything is fine, it only happens upon arrival.
Regards
Stephen Cooke

srcooke

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2022, 06:19:28 pm »
The issue persists, maybe a further manifestation of the limited and unresolved problem posted 2 1/2yrs ago:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,23542.0.html

Using the adjust airport elevation function within the airport editor restores the jetways to the correct position even if the displayed elevation figure does not change.
Regards
Stephen Cooke

srcooke

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2022, 05:03:56 pm »
Having applied the update of 7th December the floating jetways at EDDH remain upon arrival and there is also no change to the previously reported issue of Simwings scenery's using ADEV5 afcads.
Regards
Stephen Cooke

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2022, 11:56:28 am »
Having applied the update of 7th December the floating jetways at EDDH remain upon arrival

We fixed everything we could fix from our side and, in fact, I really can't see how's possible that jetways wouldn't be at the correct height because, while before the fix, we placed them "on ground", so they might have been affected by the ground altitude variable not being updated correctly in the sim for some reason, now we place jetways at an absolute altitude, taking the value from the airport .BGL itself so, there's no way this value can possibly change.

This changed placement method is EXACTLY the SAME as it was before the release of GSX Pro, we took exactly the same code we had a year ago, and put it back in case FSX or P3D is running.

MSFS, of course, requires to always use a relative altitude from ground, since every airport is sloped, but I can assure you no object in FSX/P3D is now placed using relative altitudes, they are all placed using the absolute altitude found in the scenery .BGL file.

That makes me wonder if you are really using the latest update, because I can't see how this could possibly still happening.

and there is also no change to the previously reported issue of Simwings scenery's using ADEV5 afcads.

Is that EDDH a scenery made using a native V5 AFCAD ?

villaloha

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2022, 03:35:57 pm »
Greetings Umberto,

I am really appreciated your hard efforts and hard work to restore our P3D4.5/5. Unfortunately, nothing has changed. At KATL, I still have the same results, (cut more than half gates). Many and many gates that are available but no GSX. I really hope you can find what's causing the problems soon.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2022, 04:41:05 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2022, 04:48:32 pm »
I am really appreciated your hard efforts and hard work to restore our P3D4.5/5. Unfortunately, nothing has changed. At KATL, I still have the same results, (cut more than half gates). Many and many gates that are available but no GSX. I really hope you can find what's causing the problems soon.

Please clarify what do you mean with "cut more than half gates" ? Do you mean that on more than half gates jetways are sunk ?

Because, from the rest of the sentence ("Many and many gates that are available but no GSX" ), it seems you are not reporting what's being discussed here and what the update fixed, but something else entirely, and it's just you are missing gates in GSX that should be there.

villaloha

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2022, 04:51:03 pm »
Sorry if I confused you. Before the mess update, almost ALL gates at KATL worked perfectly with GSX. After a mess update, each Terminal only have like 5 or 10 gates available with GSX, the rest GSX doesn't recognize. No sunk jetways.

Hope this helps?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2022, 04:56:43 pm »
Sorry if I confused you. Before the mess update, almost ALL gates at KATL worked perfectly with GSX. After a mess update, each Terminal only have like 5 or 10 gates available with GSX, the rest GSX doesn't recognize. No sunk jetways.

I kindly asking you to stop using that derogatory term "mess update", it's offensive for all the time we spent trying to identify the altitude issues, which are the ONLY thing we changed in the latest update.

Since your problem doesn't have anything to do with this thread, open a new one, with a proper title, and make a PROPER report, indicating:

- What "KATL" you are referring to, since without any further information, I assume default KATL with no GSX profile used.

- Once you identified the scenery, clarify if you are using a GSX profile, check if GSX has loaded the correct .BGL for the airport and the related profile.

- Posting your GSX profile would be useful as well.

- And again, don't reply here, but in a new thread opened for this purpose. Posting about an unrelated issue in a thread that discussed something else entirely, will only increase the chance we won't notice it.

srcooke

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2022, 05:01:07 pm »

That makes me wonder if you are really using the latest update, because I can't see how this could possibly still happening.

Is that EDDH a scenery made using a native V5 AFCAD ?

I have tested again using the offline installer dated 7th to ensure the files are installed.

EDDH is a Justsim scenery, the afcad worked without without issue prior to the Pro release.

I have emailed the afcad's and gsx files along with the latest couatl.log fo rthe EDDH arrival.
Regards
Stephen Cooke