Author Topic: PHNL fx_FSDT_PHNLGT.fx effect file  (Read 6479 times)

jerel2k10

PHNL fx_FSDT_PHNLGT.fx effect file
« on: January 30, 2010, 07:37:46 am »
I was running Flightsim Manager doing some maintenance on my FS install and it flagged a missing effect file -

[..\C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\FsDreamTeam\PHNL\\]
Scenery:fx_FSDT_PHNLLGT 

Interestingly, when I went into the effects folder I found out the effect file is misspelled fx_FSDT_PHNLGT.fx

I own the other FSDT sceneries and the other filenames for the other airports have an additional L in the filename.   I renamed the file to fx_FSDT_PHNLLGT.   This will cause a OOM or CTD with FS because FS will continuously look for this file over and over burning CPU cycles.   I observed this with Filemon.

Kind regards,

Jerel

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: PHNL fx_FSDT_PHNLGT.fx effect file
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 08:31:49 am »
You shouldn't rename the file because, there's no mispelling: the name used by most BGLs in the scenery IS fx_FSDT_PHNLGT.fx so, if you rename it, those BGL will not be find the effect they are looking for.

However, there are a couple of BGL that are referencing the version with two 'L', which is not correct but, to fix it in the right way, you should make a copy instead of the fx_FSDT_PHNLGT.fx to fx_FSDT_PHNLLGT.fx

Until we'll fix the BGL, this will fix the problem and will have any side effect, other than taking an additional 1275 bytes of hard drive space...

jerel2k10

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 04:57:02 pm »
Thanks for your help.   Will do!   

SDFlyer

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 05:38:13 pm »
Jerel,

What version of FlightSim Manager do you have?  I just downloaded 2.8.5 and it doesn't seem to want to work.  I wants me to select the FS9 "Flights" folder, but then says it can't find FS9 files...  Sorry, I know, I'm hijacking the thread.  Jerel, just PM me.
Mark

VS737

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2010, 12:18:37 am »
What version of FlightSim Manager do you have?  I just downloaded 2.8.5 and it doesn't seem to want to work.  I wants me to select the FS9 "Flights" folder, but then says it can't find FS9 files...  Sorry, I know, I'm hijacking the thread.  Jerel, just PM me.
You need to turn your PCclock back to 2005,then it will work.
[/quote]

jerel2k10

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2010, 03:20:49 pm »
Mark,

No problem!    I am using version 2.8.5 with the patch which resolves the error message regarding the date to pop-up.