Author Topic: MSFS Crashing to Desktop  (Read 2301 times)

Turok144

MSFS Crashing to Desktop
« on: August 29, 2022, 12:50:29 am »
Hello and Greetings Umberto,

A few weeks ago I purchased FSDT Charlotte airport from the MSFS Market Place.  Yesterday when I loaded the airport as a destination it CTD four times.  It did it again today.  KCLT is the only airport that has ever CTD since I purchased MSFS.  I'm going to see if it CDT again and if it does, I'm going to see if it CDT when I specifically select a different runway as an arrival.  I may have done that yesterday as well because after several CTD, it loaded okay.  I'll post again if it continues to happen.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2022, 01:50:21 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KCLT Crashing to Desktop
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2022, 01:50:13 am »
Just like CTDs are not caused by GSX, they are not caused by KCLT either, they are not caused *any* specific addon, it's a Microsoft problem:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26876.0.html

Turok144

Re: KCLT Crashing to Desktop
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2022, 02:58:04 am »
Just like CTDs are not caused by GSX, they are not caused by KCLT either, they are not caused *any* specific addon, it's a Microsoft problem:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26876.0.html

Understood, it's just odd that it would do this only when I chose KCLT as a destination and it's the only airport where I have experienced CTD's while MSFS is loading the scenery.  It loaded fine the second time I tried.  No worries.

Thanks.

Turok144

Re: MSFS Crashing to Desktop
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2022, 12:47:57 am »
Hi Umberto,

I'm still having problems with KCLT.  I bought via marketplace.  Today I began a flight from KATL to KCLT.  Twice MSFS froze up during the loading stage.  My only recourse was to close down MSFS via the Windows Task Manager.  A third attempt using the same flight plan, the game froze in mid flight.  Out of ALL my airports, bought via market place or 3rd party, KCLT seems to be a star culprit.  Please fix it. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2022, 09:33:00 am »
KCLT has been out since more than a year. Nobody except you ever reported crashes so, clearly, it's something that you have AT KCLT, without KCLT having anything to do with it.

The most common cause of CTD that users think are caused by a particular airport ( "because it's only crashing when I go there!", it's the usual explanation ), are issues with some AI models that, because of they airplane or they schedule only appear on some airports, misleading users the airport has a problem.

KCLT is probably our best optimized, reliable and less memory intensive airport, due to heavy LOD optimization, so I'm sure the crashes are not caused by it. See this recent post as well:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,27044.msg182149.html#msg182149

I did try flying from CYYZ to KCLT a month ago, and had no problems at either end

Turok144

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2022, 04:29:17 pm »
Sorry about that.  I think it was a coincidence that I had three problems when trying to fly to KCLT yesterday. Last night I set up a new flight to a default MSFS airport and after 40 min into the flight the same thing happened.  The sim just froze. No sure what's going on with the sim but that tells me the issue is not with KCLT but instead the sim or the Steam connection.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2022, 02:01:57 pm by virtuali »