Author Topic: Does anyone know........  (Read 8433 times)

PUP4ORD

• UA777
Does anyone know........
« on: January 28, 2010, 07:13:02 am »
Does anyone know what happen to flightscenery besides the fact of their website being down? ???
KENNETH M."PUP"CRADDOCK II
Ladies and Gentlemen please fasten your seatbelts for a short ride......
http://pup4ordfsxmore.blogspot.com/

ALIENWARE AURORA R4 MSWIN7 64BIT  As for the rest of it......?????????

SirIsaac726

Re: Does anyone know........
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 06:38:07 pm »
They aren't producing anything else.  You can buy your sceneries from SimMarket but their website isn't going to come back up.

Menemeth

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 04:03:20 am »
The last rumor I heard, was they're a part of FSDreamTeam.  :-\

SirIsaac726

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2010, 05:12:17 am »
The last rumor I heard, was they're a part of FSDreamTeam.  :-\

I believe the "they" was actually only one person and it was Vauchez and he went over to an Airbus A320 serious project (forgetting the name) which stalled and as far as I know, is pretty much dead.

Russ

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2010, 07:49:22 am »
FlightScenery, DreamFlight (not FS DreamTeam, that's these guys here) and Reality XP formed a group called Airliner XP about 3-1/2 years ago; announcing they too were going to produce an A320. Shorty thereafter all three companies essentially stopped any further development and abandoned Airliner XP entirely. As pointed out FlightScenery's packages can still be purchased through Simmarket. Reality XP and DreamTeam still maintain websites with their product distribution through Flight1.

Edit: I just checked and am surprised to find Airliner XP's website is still up. See it here.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 08:01:40 am by Russ »

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2010, 08:57:51 am »
That (older model CRT) VC looked very promising. :-\

Russ

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2010, 11:43:08 am »
That (older model CRT) VC looked very promising. :-\

I would have bet a month's pay that Airliner XP would have beaten anybody to the market place and with as good a product as could be developed, but then they closed input to their forum and went away without saying a word. Very strange it was. If you look at the team they had all three components had top echelon credentials.

What would be fantastic is if all the sudden they reappeared with a completed product. It would sure put this AirSimmer mess away for good. That is some serious wishful thinking though.

Newmanix, if I'm not mistaken you like to fly the Bus a fair bit (I remember some awesome pics you posted from KLAS); which Bus addon do you like to use?

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2010, 09:00:01 pm »
Sadly, I only use the Overland for A320 flights. For all other Airbus models I use CLS. Overlands exterior models are just fine but lacks everything inside... I don't use them very much and only when I am lazy or in a hurry to do a quick flight to get my FS fix.

Didn't care for the wilco. But I did purchase the E-jets and latest ERJ which I am enjoying so I do hope Wilco may consider doing a new airbus 318-321 aircraft. I'd bet it would be nice.

I did purchase the AirSimmer and was blown away by the visual looks both inside and out. But just couldn't get past the bugs, CTD's, and BSOD's. So I got my refund. I was very dissapointed to get a product some almost 5 years in the making with such horrable issues. I do intend to give AirSimmer a second chance in a few months. We will see what they produce in their fixes. As I still have access to the forum I still see the same complaints even after the new SP. So I am still waiting for them to get their act together with that product. I also wasn't impressed with the review on Avsim. The review seemed to suggest to me, wait a whie longer.

Cheers!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 09:01:54 pm by newmanix »

Kevin

• CRJ2
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2010, 02:52:09 am »
It's been hinted feelthere is making a CRJ V2 sometime pretty soon which I think would be very successful. There are many Airbuses being made right now so I really doubt they would make another one of those.

KB

PUP4ORD

• UA777
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2010, 05:56:11 pm »
 HOW did this become a discussion about planes ???  (I have nothing against that,but should be put in a different topic). Anyway to clarify one thing, I do have PDX FROM FLIGHT SCENERY AND FROM THE LAST TIME I SAW ON THIER WEBSITE THEY WERE GOING TO HAVE AN UPDATE FOR PDX SO IT COULD BE COMPATIBLE IN FSX. THAT WAS THE MAIN REASON I ASKED IN THE FIRST PLACE. 

Russ

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2010, 07:17:32 pm »
I don't know what you are yelling about, but it's been well known for several years that Vauchez isn't doing the FSX versions for 1 or 2 as promised and he never finished Spokane. What do you think all the commotion was about when he left and abandoned his customers?   ::)

PUP4ORD

• UA777
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2010, 07:35:56 pm »
 Well that's bad in ANY SITUATION!!!! TO NOT FINISH WHAT YOU STARTED SAYS ALOT >:(
 Then is their anyone who could pick up the slack and do PDX ALL OVER.......
  In the mean time,just gonna have to wait for KDFW :)

Tom C

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2010, 09:42:07 pm »
As far as I know, Vauchez got very sick soon after KPDX was released and was out of action for a few months.
He had decided to come back into Scenery development when he got back, but got involved with Airliner XP somehow and left scenery design.

Whether he does anything FS related again is anyone's guess, but it's not looking good either way.
Shame really, as he really had the tallent for Airport design as KPDX and KPVD showed.
Regards.

Tom C.

Russ

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2010, 04:09:53 am »
As far as I know, Vauchez got very sick soon after KPDX was released and was out of action for a few months.
He had decided to come back into Scenery development when he got back, but got involved with Airliner XP somehow and left scenery design.

Whether he does anything FS related again is anyone's guess, but it's not looking good either way.
Shame really, as he really had the tallent for Airport design as KPDX and KPVD showed.

I've not heard or read anything about him being sick. His real name is Stéphane Lepage and he's been very active on several fronts since AirlinerXP disbanded. ProjectAirbus, VFRFrance, and ORBX for instance. He's definitely a very talented guy. KPDX and KPVD were way ahead of their time and still match up against any scenery package. That is if you don't count FSX.

Imagine the revenue Vauchez could generate if he took KPVD and KPDX and created FSX versions and then charged 10 or 15 USD for each. I'd buy both and I think many others would as well.

PUP4ORD - I seem to recall a thread or two on AVSIM's forum about converting KPDX to FSX. I don't remember anybody being particularly impressed with the results, but that was a while back. You may want to do a search over there if you're interested.

PUP4ORD

• UA777
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2010, 09:55:01 pm »
 Thank you Russ for the information. 8)