Author Topic: Different Installation Problem **SOLVED**  (Read 8530 times)

NinerNiner

Different Installation Problem **SOLVED**
« on: January 23, 2010, 12:46:45 am »
I see very few KFLL installation problems, which is great, but I don't see mine. I installed Win7 so I had to reinstall FSX and all of my flight sim files. At first all went well, but when I couldn't register it I traced it to an installation issue due to Microsoft Security Essentials and the kfll_fsx_setup.exe file. I uninstalled KFLL and tried 'allowing' the file within Essentials, but it still thought it was infecteous. I again uninstalled KFLL and even removed Essentials, rebooted and reinstalled KFLL. I now get the error message on booting FSX that bglmanx.dll version 2.7.0.16 has a problem and lists Virtuali s.a.s. (see attached). I've spent a few days on this and can't think of what else to try. Can someone help?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 07:24:31 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Different Installation Problem
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 01:01:45 am »
I traced it to an installation issue due to Microsoft Security Essentials and the kfll_fsx_setup.exe file

I run Microsoft Security Essentials myself and, with definitions fully updated to 21-01-2010, it doesn't find anything on kfll_fsx_setup.exe

Which means, you MIGHT have catched a real virus instead, that corrupted your copy of the file.

To verify this, you can check if the file has a valid digital signature. Right click on it, select "Properties", and see if you have a "Digital Signature" field. If the signature is not found, or it's not valid, then the file you have has been corrupted on your hard disk.

It might be a real virus, or might just be a bad download.

I now get the error message on booting FSX that bglmanx.dll version 2.7.0.16 has a problem

Try to download the Stand-alone Addon Manager for FSX first.

If still doesn't work, try to follow the suggestions given in this post:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=2282.0

NinerNiner

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 01:55:46 am »
Thanks for the quick reply. I checked the exe file for the digital signature and found an email address but no time stamp.  You might be right about it becoming corrupted. I downloaded a new kfll_fsx_setup.exe (which had a timestamp) and ran it.  Now when I booted FSX it came up with the error message saying I may need the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager. I haven't had this error message before and I see it is described in the link you listed. I'll have to go through that post in more detail. Where do I get the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 02:02:01 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 02:02:45 am »
The are links to download the Stand-alone Addon Manager for FSX in each scenery information page.

NinerNiner

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2010, 10:04:14 pm »
Here's an interesting development.  I tried the procedure outlined in the link you directed me to. I tired it a few times and even tried it under a different admin user. Same result. Sometimes FSX would ask me for permission to allow the addon and sometimes it would go straight to the error message loading the addon kfll and Couati had a problem with ParkMe. I thought I'd try another FSDT product and downloaded KLAS. It loaded and ran perfectly until the time limit ran out. I then got out of FSX and ran kfll_setup (without rebooting Win7). When FSX started again, the same error messages came up again except this time klas was listed with kfll. Does this clear things up or does it make things worse? By the way, I checked to make sure kfll_setup was digitally stamped this time.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2010, 11:50:42 pm »
If you get a warning that a specific addon has a corrupted file, if you don't want to re-download all the scenery installers, install the Stand-alone Addon Manager for FSX at the end. Or, install PHNL last, which is the same.

NinerNiner

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2010, 02:02:56 am »
I don't know what you mean and I won't pretend I do. I guess you mean I need to re-download kfll_setup each time I want to try a new installation. I never thought of that as long as the digital signature was intact. That must really eat up your bandwidth. I did a new download and installation and all went well - up to the registration. Do I select a REINSTALL or REGISTER SERIAL fron Addon Manager? The first choice said I must have made the purchase within 15 minutes and didn't do anything. The second choice gave me a black screen and hung up from there with a eSellerate Fatal FAILURE message, but didn't crash FSX. It also didn't cause any problems getting back into FSX or any prior error messages I reported earlier. Sounds like I'm progressing here. I just need to register the product now and hopfully others to follow that I have also downloaded.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2010, 02:17:16 am »
I guess you mean I need to re-download kfll_setup each time I want to try a new installation. I never thought of that as long as the digital signature was intact. That must really eat up your bandwidth.

No, of course not.

I said: when you see a message on startup about the (for example) KFLL module being corrupted, it means your installed KFLL scenery needs to be updated. The message should also say that you might need to install the Stand-alone Addon Manager, which is what I've said.

You can ALSO obtain the same result by downloading the full KFLL scenery installer, but that doesn't really change much, other then being larger to download.

The Stand-Alone Addon Manager IS able to update your installed sceneries if needed (they need to be installed, otherwise, they are not be found and not updated), that's why the message said so.

I did a new download and installation and all went well - up to the registration. Do I select a REINSTALL or REGISTER SERIAL fron Addon Manager?

IF you are using the current version, there's no difference whatsoever.

They both end up asking your Serial Number. The only difference, is the "Reinstall" will first ask if you have your purchase receipt email, and if you reply NO, it will launch the Esellerate website to retrieve another copy, if you reply YES, it will ask your Serial Number. The "Register Serial" will just ask your Serial Number immediately, but they are otherwise identical.

The first choice said I must have made the purchase within 15 minutes and didn't do anything.

Assuming you are using the current version, it simply means you entered your Serial Number wrong. Wrong, means confusing the letter O with the number 0 ( zero ), or adding extra spaces at the start or at the end of the code, or not putting hyphens. Basically, anything that is typed any differently from the Serial Number as written in the purchase receipt.

And, don't confuse the Serial Number with the Order Number. The Serial Number is a long code that looks like FSDTKFLL-xxxx-yyyy-aaaa-bbbb-cccc, etc.  The Order Number is like STxxxxxx. You need to put the Serial Number

The second choice gave me a black screen and hung up from there with a eSellerate Fatal FAILURE message, but didn't crash FSX.

I don't see how they would behave any different, since they do the same thing, except than asking a few question more, in case of "Reinstall".

NinerNiner

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2010, 03:05:27 am »
I tried them both again about an hour or so later.  The Reinstall said the same thing about the 15-minute period the Register said something about the server being busy. I'll try again a few times and report back. Thanks for your continured help. It really boiled down to just cleaning things up and most importantly, downloading a new program each time.

NinerNiner

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2010, 05:18:26 pm »
This registration issue was my fault and I dragged it on longer causing you more work. In my haste to get it done, I didn't select the combination of Publisher and Product. No wonder it didn't work. Once I did that, it went right through. Thanks again for a great product and great support.