Author Topic: Floating UAL aircraft in KIAH after latest updates  (Read 2811 times)

Greg Goodavish

Floating UAL aircraft in KIAH after latest updates
« on: September 11, 2022, 09:32:37 am »
I have Prepar3D 4.5.   I have been using FSDT KIAH for years, and love the new SODE updates, etc.   However, after updating KIAH and GSX/GSX II, I now have United Airline aircraft floating in the sky above the airport.   They used to be on the ground by the UAL maintenance hangars, etc.   How can I fix this?  I have attached a pic to show you what I mean.

Greg Goodavish

Re: Floating UAL aircraft in KIAH after latest updates
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2022, 07:13:36 am »
OK, didnt get a reply here, so I unactivated the KIAH scenery, deleted it from my P3DV4.5 scenery, and then deleted it from my computer.   I then downloaded the current version of KIAH (2.1), and reinstalled on my computer.   I then reactivated it by putting in my serial number.   It said it was activated on my computer.  The floating planes are gone, but now there are other problems.   During installation, and the ensuing FSDT updater running, it said the AFCAD was updated, and did

Greg Goodavish

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2022, 07:20:13 am »
Sorry on that last post, it shut on me so was not completed.   Here we go again:

OK, didnt get a reply here, so I unactivated the KIAH scenery, deleted it from my P3DV4.5 scenery, and then deleted it from my computer.   I then downloaded the current version of KIAH (2.1), and reinstalled on my computer.   I then reactivated it by putting in my serial number.   It said it was activated on my computer.  The floating planes are gone, but now there are other problems.   During installation, and the ensuing FSDT updater running, it said the AFCAD was updated, and did I want to overwrite the old one.   I said Yes.   When all finished, I started up P3D, and went to KIAH.   I then opened the addon manager, and clicked on KIAH.  It said it was in trial version.   I clicked on the register serial number button, and entered my serial number.   It said my scenery was now activated.   It does not appear to be all there though.   The runways, and taxiways do not look right, and the only buildings showing are the UAL maintenance hangars.   The terminals are all missing, and there are huge holes in the ground.   I see the trams running up in the air, but no buildings.   Something is seriously wrong here.   I never had any problems until the latest update.   Help!  Oh, and I DONT have any other KIAH scenery or AFCADS installed in P3D.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2022, 04:36:00 pm »
Those planes are not coming with our scenery, are those AI ?

Greg Goodavish

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2022, 07:33:10 am »
OK, today I fired up P3D again, and went to Kiah, after using the FSDT updater again to update this scenery.  Now the terminals, etc. are showing up.   However, those three United airlines planes are floating in the air again by the maintenance hangars.   Yes, I do have AIG traffic on my system, but those planes are there even when flying online, and shutting off all AI traffic through the pilot client for VATSIM.   This is the only area of the airport showing any aircraft, so I doubt it is my AI, especially with it shut off in VATSIM.   Are you sure those aren't FSDT supplied models for looks?  They have always been there in this scenery for both P3D and when I used to fly on FSX.  Any idea how to get rid of them?

Greg Goodavish

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2022, 09:16:34 am »
or get them to show up on the ground, instead of the air?

anthropos

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2022, 11:22:31 pm »
I had the same issue and I was able to fix it pressing CTRL + F12

Cheers

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2022, 12:35:33 am »
Are you sure those aren't FSDT supplied models for looks? 

Yes, you are right, KIAH is one of the few sceneries that have some static planes. You can turn them off with the YouControl menu.

Greg Goodavish

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2022, 05:54:51 am »
OK, using the Cntrl F12 menu, and turning off the static planes fixed the issue of the planes in the air.  Too bad there isn't a way to correct that, and keep the static planes at the maintenance hangars, as that gives the scenery a sense of realism.   Oh well, still better than planes floating in the air.

Sholay

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2022, 09:09:58 pm »
I am sorry but let me ask this question openly, Virtuali:
Do ypu plan to fix that issue at all?

Thanks,
&