Author Topic: Honolulu FSX Demo **SOLVED***  (Read 7497 times)

Old Crow

Honolulu FSX Demo **SOLVED***
« on: January 26, 2010, 01:37:45 pm »
Hello,
I don't quite know how to explain everything that has happened over the last few days, but I will try. First of all, I have ALL of your Sceneries and never had any issues with them. The Addon Manager has had a couple of hickups over the years, but has always gotten back to functioning fine.
OK, Now here is what has happened. Flight Simulator was working fine the last time I used it prior to downloading and installing the Honolulu FSX "Demo Mode". After the installation, I started FSX, but it just sat there in the Initializing Window. I checked Task Manager to see what was happening, It stated that FSX was Not Responding. I killed the process and tried starting it again with the same problem. I could not figure out what was happening, I was not getting any Error Messages. I uninstalled Honolulu and then started FSX again and it started fine. Curious, I installed Honolulu again, only to have the same problem as before. I uninstalled it again and FSX was fine again. I downloaded the installer for Honolulu again, just in case I got a bad download. This did not change the situation, I had the same problem as before. After checking the Forums Here, I uninstalled Honolulu again and said yes to the options to remove Addon Manager and Couatl. I got error messages saying that they could not be found. I tried turning off my Firewall and Anti-Virus Software and downloaded the Stand Alone Addon Manager, installed Honolulu, installed Addon Manager over that and found that nothing had changed. No matter what I do, FSX will not start with Honolulu installed. I tried removing Addon Manager using "Control Panel - Add/Remove Programs", then reinstalling it, only to find that I am now getting this error message:

Setup

Runtime Error (at 116:2188):

Error on line 0, position 0: The following tags were not closed: SimBase.Document.

I have No Idea what that Error Message means.
I have downloaded the Addon Manager since you updated it.
Now, when I start FSX, it starts, but I do not have Addon Manager in the FSX Tool Bar, it along with everything that was in it is gone.....hence, none of my FSDreamteam Sceneries show up. "Instant Scenery" is gone from the tool bar as well as my "AI Carriers" and something else that was there. I am frustrated and don't know what else to do. This all started when I installed Honolulu FSX. How can this be?

Please have a Miracle for me  ???
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 02:27:37 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Honolulu FSX Demo
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 01:51:38 pm »
Runtime Error (at 116:2188):

Error on line 0, position 0: The following tags were not closed: SimBase.Document.[/color]

I have No Idea what that Error Message means.

This error means there's a missing closing tag in you EXE.XML. There was probably already a problem with it, like a wrong character or a strange formatting, that might have created the issue. Note that, we *first* check the XML file syntax, using the MS XML standard validator, and *then* we modify it. We don't touch the file, if there's an error. And, we use the MS XML library to add sections either.

However, as the error message says, it should be enough to add a final line to the EXE.XML file, like this:

</SimBase.Document>

The file is located at %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX

If you are not sure how to edit, if you attach it here, I can fix it for you.

About the freezing at start, if you were using FS Copilot, this should have been fixed with the very latest Addon Manager, 2.7.0.17, we put online yesterday. But, you need to fix your EXE.XML first, before you can use install it.

Old Crow

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 12:20:11 am »
I am unfortunately not familiar with XML, but I was able to find the offending .dll and this is what it said when I opened it:

The XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following tags were not closed: SimBase.Document. Error processing resource 'file:///C:/Documents and Settings/Owner/Ap...

So, I deleted that .dll and then picked the most recent "backup" and now have things, mostly back to normal. I now have the Drop-Down menu in the FSX Tool Bar. I started a flight at Dillingham and in "slew mode" moved toward Honolulu.
I got the message "Honolulu Trial Mode Has Started"....I am paraphrasing....but when I arrived at the airport there were no buildings, as if the time limit had already expired. I did not receive that message though.
Is there something I am missing?
P.S. I do not have FS  Copilot.

Thanks for your quick reply and your help.
Regards,
Dana

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 12:29:32 am »
If the wrong file was the exe.xml then yes, you are still missing a piece of the software, which is the Coatl engine, that is required by the scenery as well.

Download and install the Stand-alone Addon Manager for FSX, it should fix the problem.

Old Crow

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 12:33:46 am »
Ok, Now what? I just did a flight from Bergen and I have no buildings there. It is "Active" in the Addon Manager, but displays as though it were in Trial Mode. I also have flashing textures on the ramps and runway.
I am willing to bet all my other FSDreamteam scenery is going to do the same thing. What could be causing this?
I will try some other Fsdt airports to be sure.

AMENDED after your reply.......I will re-download and reinstall the Stand-Alone Addon Manager.

Old Crow

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2010, 02:24:05 am »
I have also found the EXE.XML to be corrupt, so I allowed for a new one to be created during installation of the Stand-Alone Addon Manager X.
I am happy to report that all went well and that I was able to view the Honolulu Scenery, was amazed at what I saw and have made my purchase.
The Only thing.....I also have Megascenery Oahu and am seeing conflicting buildings around the airport. I am looking forward to a patch which I have seen talked about
in another post regarding this issue.

Thank You,
Dana

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2010, 02:27:29 am »
Ok, good. We hope to be able to release a compatibility fix for Megascenery as soon as possible.