Author Topic: Some 3rd party airports are not found  (Read 12022 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Some 3rd party airports are not found
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2022, 09:49:15 am »
Ok this is great to hear! Is the Navdata option a checkbox somewhere in settings? I haven't noticed it.

The GSX Config Panel in the installer.

paradiseflight

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2022, 04:15:11 pm »
The GSX Config Panel in the installer.

Ok I see it now. Thanks. This was not checked by default for me. Hopefully it will be for others.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2022, 09:49:46 am »
Ok I see it now. Thanks. This was not checked by default for me. Hopefully it will be for others.

As the manual and the release notes say, the feature is not supposed to be enabled by default for the time being, both because it's a big change how GSX works, so we wanted to get more feedback about it, but also because the Navdata API itself is still incomplete, missing some data about Jetways was asked to Microsoft ( I suggest everybody voting that thread... ) here:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/sdk-q-a-ask-your-questions-here/552074/11

Because of the missing features, there are side effect using the Navdata API, especially in airports with double jetways or sceneries that used not-so-obvious names for their jetway objects. That's why, we haven't made it the default yet.

DrVenkman

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2022, 09:05:00 pm »
I don't mean to be a pest by bumping an old post, but I'm have a real hard time wrapping my head around the SU10 Navdata option and why some airports aren't loading in GSX.

Example: yesterday I purchased the Northern Sky Studio version of Ketchikan, Alaska (ICAO PAKT) from Sim Market, not the Marketplace. It's installed in my Community folder. When I have the option set to use SU10 Navdata and load into that airport for departure, I get the GSX error that no valid AFCAD is found for the airport and services are unavailable. If I turn this option OFF, and after downloading a custom profile for this airport from flightsim dot to that someone else made, GSX works.

Can you explain what the SU10 Navdata option is actually reading and why some third-party sceneries won't work with that option set?