Author Topic: Couatl starts manually, but not automatically with the simulator  (Read 21230 times)

maorgr

Re: Couatl starts manually, but not automatically with the simulator
« Reply #60 on: September 29, 2023, 09:01:53 am »
Hi virtuali,

for quite sometime Couatl64_MSFS.exe won't auto load neither by modifying exe.dll or copying a shortcut of it to the start up folder in windows or even using FSUIPC7.ini RunIf2=READY,KILL,"C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\couatl64\Couatl64_MSFS.exe"

GSX PRO is updated to the latest version.

Can you please help ?

Thanks in advance,

Maor

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #61 on: September 29, 2023, 09:31:49 am »
Have you tried this ?

If you Unlink GSX Pro ( choose Uninstall, but only Unlink, don't uninstall ) then Relink again, it will try to add the exe.xml lines back.

In addition to trying to put back the lines that might be eventually missing, it will tell you if your exe.xml has problems, because it's validated before trying to do any changes to it.

Ankh

« Reply #62 on: September 29, 2023, 11:19:32 am »
Ok, I found another "solution" to the problem of executables listed in the exe.xml file not being executed when firing up MSFS, including Couatl, and it is definitively contra-intuitive: you need to modify your .exe properties as such as that it is NOT(!) started as administrator. The moment I removed the checkmark for Couatl64.exe, it fired up again with MSFS as it should.

So, for anybody still having troubles that Couatl is not automatically started with the sim, try once by disabling the "start as adminstrator" on your Couatl64.exe and see if this cures your issue as well.

BTW: this was posted on Reddit by someone, is not my personal find. But it works on my end as well...