Author Topic: Couatl starts manually, but not automatically with the simulator  (Read 23296 times)

vekant

Re: Couatl starts manually, but not automatically with the simulator
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2022, 05:44:12 pm »
I use it from the beginning by restarting it manually.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2022, 09:46:23 am »
I use it from the beginning by restarting it manually.

Please clarify what do you mean with "Restart it manually":

- Couatl starts automatically from the EXE.XML, appears as a Tray bar icon, but doesn't work until you Restart it in flight.

OR

- Couatl starts automatically, works on the starting airport, but requires a Restart in flight

OR

- Couatl doesn't start automatically, but works if you Start it manually.

vekant

« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2022, 06:19:51 pm »
The 3rd. i have to start it by myself

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2022, 09:47:31 am »
The 3rd. i have to start it by myself

Then it means GSX works perfectly fine, and your problem it's just the EXE.XML not working correct, which is a problem of the sim or the way the XML file is formatted.

vekant

« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2022, 06:07:12 pm »
Yes I think. but it only does it with your program, I have FSUIPC, Fenix, FSrealistic which starts by itself, the only one which does not work is couatl

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2022, 12:07:05 pm »
Yes I think. but it only does it with your program, I have FSUIPC, Fenix, FSrealistic which starts by itself, the only one which does not work is couatl

Have you tried rearranging the order of the add-ons ? Perhaps the problem is caused because there are several to be launched together and, the way Windows loads dependencies, when multiple programs need to start together, their loading order might matter.

I only have Couatl and Fenix in my EXE.XML and:

- Before SU11 final, NONE of them started automatically

- After SU11 final, BOTH always starts automatically, 100% of the time.

Seth2413

« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2022, 05:48:02 am »
Since SU11 couatl never starts, I always now have to start manually.  I am also getting some quick messages about building a cache but its quick so cant see actual message and thrirdly the passngers once again now dont walk on.  I actually get the first message that 70/ (whatever max amount is) have boarded, then a couple of seconds later 110, then full.  Its all over the place once again.  I have re-installed the addon manager time and time again, same thing.  When this is working it great Umberto but its a pain in the ass when its not. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2022, 03:19:27 pm »
Since SU11 couatl never starts, I always now have to start manually.

Before SU11, Couatl NEVER started automatically for me, both I wasn't really worried, since as clearly explained in this thread, it was an issue with the sim, mistakenly trying to valid a license

After SU11, Couatl ALWAYS starts automatically, 100% of the time so, clearly, the problem has been fixed in SU11.

This, obviously, assume you don't have other issues with the EXE.XML, and it's even possible other add-ons loaded there and their order, might affect this, but again, it's nothing we can control, if the program works, there's nothing we can do to "force" its startup, other than adding the correct line in the EXE.XML, which the installer obviously does already.

I am also getting some quick messages about building a cache but its quick so cant see actual message and thrirdly the passngers once again now dont walk on.  I actually get the first message that 70/ (whatever max amount is) have boarded, then a couple of seconds later 110, then full.  Its all over the place once again.  I have re-installed the addon manager time and time again, same thing.  When this is working it great Umberto but its a pain in the ass when its not.

This is a completely different issue, which clearly doesn't have anything to do with this thread, that only explains how the inability to start Couatl automatically, it's nothing we can do about it. Please don't post something totally unrelated in the wrong thread. Open a new one with a proper title, and I'll explain why you get fast pasengers boarding ( has been explained so many times, but I'll explain it again )

airbadger

« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2022, 12:25:23 am »
Looks like this issue is solved for me thanks to a tip from the dev at Lorby. Make sure MSFS is set to run as admin.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2022, 10:16:42 am »
Looks like this issue is solved for me thanks to a tip from the dev at Lorby. Make sure MSFS is set to run as admin.

Is your normal user account with limited permission ?

FlyingAce

« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2022, 05:36:31 am »

Thank you for posting this airbadger. That solved it for me also. Now, I just have to figure out how to run MSFS as administrator from within the Addons Linker app.
Tony B.

i7 4770K 3.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, ASUS GTX1070 GPU with 8GB VRAM, 500GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD, 2 ASUS 24" monitors and 1 Samsung 19" monitor.

airbadger

« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2022, 01:11:22 pm »

Is your normal user account with limited permission ?

TBH I can't figure out how to confirm that one way or another. I log in with my MS account, not a local one, if that matters.

moxiejeff

« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2022, 02:02:24 am »

Just want to be sure, since you posted this a couple of weeks back, has this been the solve for you? Running MSFS in admin mode?

airbadger

« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2022, 01:20:13 pm »

Just want to be sure, since you posted this a couple of weeks back, has this been the solve for you? Running MSFS in admin mode?

Yes, haven't had issues since

moxiejeff

« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2022, 01:55:12 am »
Interesting. When I run flight sim in administrator mode, I still have to manually start Couatl engine. It also terminates a lot during my flights.