Author Topic: OFFLINE installer for the latest updates - Last Update March 21st 2024  (Read 145336 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: OFFLINE installer for the latest updates - Last update Oct. 2nd
« Reply #210 on: October 03, 2022, 10:38:11 am »
What is the newest version? Dont find a version number

We are in the Offline installer thread, and the Offline installer .EXE does have a version number, and it displays a version number on the readme file which is shown when you start it.

However, the Offline installer will only update GSX's main code, it doesn't contain updates to vehicles or textures, you should always run the normal Live Updater to get those.

And as explained in the top post of this thread:

- the Live Update will always update everything to the latest version

- you can verify this, by noticing the Live Update won't redownload the same files, other than the ones which are supposed to be always redownloaded, and which files they are, is also indicated in the top post of this thread: the Airport Services, the Jetway replacement files and the GSX profiles for FSDT airports.

If you don't have files other than these being redownloaded each time, it means you surely have the latest version, and you don't even need the Offline installer.

Magic Man

Re: OFFLINE installer for the latest updates - Last update Oct. 5th
« Reply #211 on: October 07, 2022, 06:15:48 pm »
Could the Live Updater be set to not auto close? As it is, it opens, the bar zips across the screen and then it closes.

If perhaps it could indicate in a list which files, if any, apart from those it always does download, have been updated, then I think it would go a long way to alleviating the second guessing of whether anything has updated, or the app has just hard closed.

Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #212 on: October 08, 2022, 12:54:28 pm »
Could the Live Updater be set to not auto close? As it is, it opens, the bar zips across the screen and then it closes.

The Live Update is made like that following users suggestions they don't want to have dialogs or confirmations block it, because many users launch it automatically before starting the sim, as part of an automated batch process, so they asked not to be stopped by any confirmations windows.

If you want to be in control, check what's going on and pay attention the updated files log, just use the FSDT Installer instead. Note that, while it might "look" differently, they are one and the same program, which changes its user interface depending which icon starts it.

Magic Man

« Reply #213 on: October 08, 2022, 06:10:40 pm »
Got you, many thanks.

Punit

Re: OFFLINE installer for the latest updates - Last update Oct. 17th
« Reply #214 on: October 19, 2022, 08:20:32 am »
Hi, Both the links are not working anymore.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #215 on: October 19, 2022, 08:33:55 am »
Hi, Both the links are not working anymore.

The Mediafire link works normally.

The GDrive link currently doesn't work, because Google mistakenly flagged as a threat, so it's under review for being approved.

flaps

« Reply #216 on: October 19, 2022, 05:51:05 pm »
Hi Umberto,

regarding SU10 Navdata API Jetway detection. At Justsim EDDS, the name of the jetways do not match the search pattern. They named it "JewWay" ;).
Maybe you are able to include this to the search pattern. I only have Justsim EDDS, but maybe other Justsim airports have the same jetway names.

[fltsim.0]
title=JustSim_EDDS_JewWay_general_short

[fltsim.1]
title=JustSim_EDDS_JewWay_general_short_high

Thanks, 
           flaps

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #217 on: October 19, 2022, 06:32:04 pm »
regarding SU10 Navdata API Jetway detection. At Justsim EDDS, the name of the jetways do not match the search pattern. They named it "JewWay"

Alright, noted.

santiagomontoya77

« Reply #218 on: October 20, 2022, 03:43:24 am »
Hey Umberto,

I had to re-install MFSF and now I am getting default ground services over yours. How do you remove default GSs? Or, how do I re-install your product from scratch so that it works as intended.

Santiago

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #219 on: October 20, 2022, 12:08:11 pm »
I had to re-install MFSF and now I am getting default ground services over yours. How do you remove default GSs? Or, how do I re-install your product from scratch so that it works as intended.

You don't have to uninstall or reinstall GSX, if you start the FSDT Installer, it will probably report as not linked, so just hit Relink, and will be enabled in the sim again.

Feruzumcu

« Reply #220 on: October 20, 2022, 12:44:24 pm »
Hi there.. I purchased almost all of my airports from the msfs marketplace.. so I was closely following the forum waiting for the GSX Pro new NAV data api update.. and as soon as it was released I purchased your product. First thing I did was to read the manual.. especially the last pages regarding the new nav data api part. So as far as I understand we do not need to edit the ini file when we download a custom gsx profile (the first line of the ini file where there is a path for the afcad) the only thing to make sure is that the first 4 letters of the ini file matches the ICAO code of the airport in order to use that custom profile.. am I correct or am I missing something? Anyway gsx pro is a great addon.. thank you for all your efforts..

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #221 on: October 20, 2022, 01:34:43 pm »
as far as I understand we do not need to edit the ini file when we download a custom gsx profile (the first line of the ini file where there is a path for the afcad)

You never had to edit the .INI file before, this thing keeps coming out sometimes, but the GSX manual has always been very clear it's not needed, quoting from Page 47:

The name of the .BGL used to customize the scenery is listed in the [GENERAL] section of the GSX .INI profile. It will include the complete path valid for your system but, don’t worry, there’s no need to edit it out before sharing your work, since GSX will only use the .BGL filename, and will ignore the full path altogether, it has been designed like this exactly to facilitate sharing of GSX

What changed with the recent Navdata API update, is that now even the .BGL filename won't be used anymore, because GSX is not reading any .BGL when the Navdata API is used.

This means, it's your responsibility to be sure the .INI you are using was made for the installed airport, because GSX will load the first profile it finds in the profiles folder, as long it the starting name of the .INI matches the ICAO of the airport loaded in the sim.

In the final version of the update, when using the Navdata API will become default, we'll add some interface allowing to choose between multiple .INI profiles for the same airport, with some indications to make it easier to choose a profile, like the number matching/not-matching the actual scenery.

lionwing

Re: OFFLINE installer for the latest updates - Last update Oct. 21st
« Reply #222 on: October 22, 2022, 08:46:58 am »

This offline installer will make do until we'll be reasonably sure almost all Cloudflare nodes have been updated. You can recognize if YOUR node has, by simply noticing if the Live Update doesn't download anything if you run it after this offline installer. If this happens, it means your local Cloudflare node is now fully updated, so you don't need to use this anymore, just the Live Update.

When might all Cloudfare Nodes be updated?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #223 on: October 22, 2022, 09:44:01 am »
When might all Cloudfare Nodes be updated?

According to Cloudflare support, nodes updates automatically when an user from that area downloads something, but since that doesn't seem to be really the case, and there's no way to know that unless you are located in the area of an outdated node, that's why we have an Offline installer to begin with, and that's why this first post of this thread has instructions how to know if your node is updated or not.

aeysim

« Reply #224 on: October 23, 2022, 09:07:06 am »
Hi,
I live in Turkey.
I bought GSX Pro for MSFS 2020.
I downloaded and installed FSDT_Universal_Installer from the link in the email I received.
However, I could not install GSX Pro.
As you can see from the attached picture, the MSFS icon is hidden in the FSDT Universal Installer I downloaded. At the bottom writen MSFS Not Installed.
I have MSFS 2020 version 1.27.21.0. 
MSFS 2020 is installed on my computer's E: drive.
Addon Manager is installed on my computer's E: drive.
I downloaded and installed the OFFLINE Installer (Addon Manager.exe) as you wrote in the forum. (http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26826.0.html)
I applied what is written here, but the result did not change.
How can I do install GSX Pro?