Author Topic: Couatl engine hasn't started - How to report a problem  (Read 74072 times)

Baldeagle53

Re: Couatl engine hasn't started - How to report a problem
« Reply #495 on: March 29, 2024, 11:12:41 pm »
The coutal icon has reappeared on my desk top but does not have the dragon in it and states that it is still corrupted . I have been able to update the latest version of GSX so it does not appear that my anti virus is blocking it because the entire addon is an exception. Thus, do you have an explanation of what further steps I can take

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #496 on: March 30, 2024, 04:30:22 pm »
If the icon is missing the graphic and it says the file is missing or corrupted, it's because the antivirus removed or corrupted the file, fact you can run the update, doesn't mean anything other than it's not blocking the update itself, but is still blocking the executable the updater is trying to restore.

So, again, check again the antivirus and be 100% sure the whole *folder* is added to the exclusions, then run the Update again.

Baldeagle53

« Reply #497 on: April 07, 2024, 06:06:18 pm »
I have put the entire addon in exclusion and run the updater but the icon does not appear on my desk top. From all the comments of others it appears that the coutal engine has a deficiency. What are the next steps

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #498 on: April 09, 2024, 09:01:26 am »
I have put the entire addon in exclusion and run the updater but the icon does not appear on my desk top

In your previous report, you said:

"The coutal icon has reappeared on my desk top,  but does not have the dragon in it and states that it is still corrupted"

Now you are saying "the icon does not appear on my desk top", which is quite different. Please clarify.

.From all the comments of others it appears that the coutal engine has a deficiency

Nothing in any comment suggest the couatl engine has a "defincency", because if read them all, it would have been obvious it's always something else causing problem, in this case the antivirus.

What are the next steps

Will be defined by your clarification if the icon disappeared, or it's just missing the graphic, since they are completely different issue with completely different solutions.

Baldeagle53

« Reply #499 on: April 11, 2024, 04:11:14 pm »
It was both. First the graphic was missing and now the icon does not appear on the desk top

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #500 on: April 13, 2024, 06:23:38 am »
It was both. First the graphic was missing and now the icon does not appear on the desk top

As I've said, they are two very different things:

- the graphic missing means the .exe the icon points to has been removed. Clearly the antivirus

- the icon *itself* won't ever be removed by the antivirus so, you might have accidentally removed it and, it's restored ONLY when reinstalling the FSDT Universal Installer.

Deke Short

« Reply #501 on: April 18, 2024, 01:29:01 pm »
Hi
I can't open the GSXmenu even if it doesn't shows "Couatl engine hasn't started",and what should I do next?I already tried to reload it,but nothing worked.
Hope you can help me,nice day
Regards

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #502 on: April 22, 2024, 11:40:33 pm »
I can't open the GSXmenu even if it doesn't shows "Couatl engine hasn't started",and what should I do next?I already tried to reload it,but nothing worked.Hope you can help me,nice day

I replied in private, you'll understand why.