Author Topic: Couatl engine hasn't started - How to report a problem  (Read 78211 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Couatl engine hasn't started - How to report a problem
« Reply #510 on: May 22, 2024, 01:36:59 pm »
Hey, i have the problem several times that coatl app hasnt started. When i triy to start coatl64_MSFS manual... there is no .exe in AddonManager/coatl64 for this.

Well, of course it's the antivirus, who mistakenly removed it by assuming it was a threat, because of an antivirus bug.

If i deinstall gsx and install again... the problem is solved....

Of course, because the installer will restore it.

but later the same is existing again .... i dont know whats the problem... but i cant use GSX ...

Of course, because the antivirus is still bugged and will remove it again.

So, as explained in the manual ( the Troubleshooting section ), and in the forum so many times, to prevent a defective antivirus from removing the .exe, you must add the WHOLE Addon Manager FOLDER to the antivirus EXCLUSIONS.

After that, run the FSDT Installer again, and perform an Update CHECK, which will restore any missing files. No need to reinstall.

olivers1989

« Reply #511 on: May 22, 2024, 09:51:05 pm »
So is use only Windows 11 Firewall and Viren Scan.... its not possible to add WHOLE Folders..... so in thios case i dont know what to do now...
« Last Edit: May 25, 2024, 11:09:26 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #512 on: May 25, 2024, 11:10:44 am »
So is use only Windows 11 Firewall and Viren Scan.... its not possible to add WHOLE Folders..... so in thios case i dont know what to do now...

Remove that inferior antivirus which doesn't even offer offer what the *default* free and included Windows Defender antivirus does. Windows Defender antivirus DOES allow to exclude folders, which is an incredibly important feature that no antivirus should miss.