Author Topic: Couatl engine hasn't started - How to report a problem  (Read 74120 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Couatl engine hasn't started - How to report a problem
« Reply #480 on: March 04, 2024, 11:08:05 am »
Addon has both the coutal and couatal64 files in it but when I run the Updater the coutal icon does not appear

Please clarify what do you mean:

- It doesn't appear as a Desktop shortcut

OR

- It's not being launched by the sim

Baldeagle53

« Reply #481 on: March 04, 2024, 04:53:44 pm »
It does not appear as a Desktop shortcut. I have uninstalled and re-installed as run the checkin and no desktop shortcut

Baldeagle53

« Reply #482 on: March 05, 2024, 08:14:52 pm »
How do I get the coutal engine to appear as short cut icon on my desk top because it has not appeared despite uninstalling and reinstalling GSX

Baldeagle53

« Reply #483 on: March 06, 2024, 05:08:33 pm »
Could please favor me with a response about how to get the Coutal icon returned to my desk top so that I can start the Coutal engine because now GSX is not functioning

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #484 on: March 06, 2024, 07:47:27 pm »
The icon is created by the FSDT Universal Installer.

Baldeagle53

« Reply #485 on: March 06, 2024, 11:03:29 pm »
I have the Addon as an exception to my anti virus, I have uninstalled and reinstalled, I have run the check operation, I have deactivated and activated the product, I haveupdated  the latest version of GSX and still no coutal icon and thus GSX is totally inoperative

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #486 on: March 07, 2024, 11:00:29 am »
still no coutal icon and thus GSX is totally inoperative

Your message is not very clear. I was referring to the "Start Couatl for GSX MSFS" icon, which is created on the Desktop by the FSDT Universal Installer (that's not the FSDT Installer). Were you referring to the icon on the Traybar notification area instead?

If you are missing the Couatl icon in the Traybar, it means:

- the Couatl engine hasn't started automatically by the sim, so you can use the "Start Couatl for GSX MSFS" Desktop icon to start it manually. Does it work this way?

OR

- the Couatl engine might have started, but it might have crashed. So, again, you can use the Desktop icon to start it.

Baldeagle53

« Reply #487 on: March 08, 2024, 01:11:52 am »
I used the FSDT Universal Installer and the coutal icon is now on the desk top and the product is now functioning. Thanks fr your help

Baldeagle53

« Reply #488 on: March 15, 2024, 04:03:24 pm »
It functioned for 6 days and now the coutal engine icon is no longer on the desk top, not starting FSDT and showing the same error message:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\coutal64_MSFS,exe
                      The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable

Perhaps there is an issue with the coutal engine, Please advise

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #489 on: March 17, 2024, 10:06:39 pm »
Perhaps there is an issue with the coutal engine, Please advise

There's are no issues with it, of course. The only issue here is your antivirus that might have either corrupted it or altogether removed it because it mistakenly assumed it was a threat.

So, again, you must be sure you have added the entire Addon Manager folder to the antivirus Exclusion, then run the FSDT Updater again, which will restore the file that has been corrupted/removed.

Baldeagle53

« Reply #490 on: March 18, 2024, 08:37:24 pm »
I have done that and it is not functioing. What is shown on my Desktop is the empty coutal icon without the dragon in it

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #491 on: March 19, 2024, 04:47:31 pm »
What do you mean with "empty icon" ? Something that doesn't point to anything, like a file that was removed?

Again, you must be sure you have added the entire Addon Manager folder to the antivirus Exclusion, then run the FSDT Updater again, which will restore the file that has been corrupted/removed. Nothing else can cause a removal, we surely don't remove our files!

Baldeagle53

« Reply #492 on: March 22, 2024, 07:23:58 pm »
I have done what you suggested and it worked for a week and then was corrupted again. I do not understand how the entire Addon Manager folder is in the anti-virus exclusion, the updater and the universal installer are run and then coutal becomes corupted again

Baldeagle53

« Reply #493 on: March 27, 2024, 04:06:11 pm »
Mr. Colapicchioni, I would like to hear from you as I have followed all of your instructions but do not have the coutal icon on my desk top and thus cannot run the product. I have run the updater and have the latest version of the program installed so my virus protection does not appear to be the issue. I do not appear to be the only person with an issue.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #494 on: March 28, 2024, 01:33:58 am »
It's weird because it was working fine but after updating it started giving this error.

Since the error in your log is caused by your username contaning non-ascii characters, I can't see how this could possibly be related to the update, since it's happening in a part of the code that hasn't changed in a while. We need to fix this, of course, but it's not related to the update.