Author Topic: Couatl engine hasn't started - How to report a problem  (Read 73696 times)

Wraith

Re: Couatl engine hasn't started - How to report a problem
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2022, 05:34:43 pm »
Where can I find it ?

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2022, 05:34:47 pm »
Menu doesn't pop up in game even after having restarted couatl.

That's because your user account in windows doesn't have permission to write on its own folder.  Are you sure you are not running two copies of couatl, one that started automatically, and another one you started manually because you thought it didn't work, when it was just starting instead ?

Try to restart Windows and try again. If you still see the error, remove this folder:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali

And reinstall the FSDT Universal Installer, which is supposed to apply the right permissions there ( it should even be required, you user should always be able to write there ! )

And, your PMDG seems to be missing the aircraft.cfg.

Wraith

« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2022, 06:20:27 pm »
So I deleted my appdata Virtuali and then reinstalled the FSDT installer. It's working fine.

Thanks you !

jonz747

« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2022, 06:53:46 pm »
I too have the issue even though I have downloaded your addon manager file where it says coautl is not started. In addition and I don't know if its related but Coautl is telling me I have static jetways at airports which do not have static jetways. Please see attached file

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2022, 06:58:57 pm »
Your log shows everything working normally and a cache regeneration that completed successfully, then you just exited the sim. When the airport cache is being regenerated, it's entirely normal you can't call GSX until it's ready.

If you restart Couatl from the Traybar, since the airport cache is there, it should start more quickly.

turbay

« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2022, 07:28:03 pm »
so i am also having the error, i need to close the sim entirely and then it works, but is very annoying if i have to do this everything. I will upload a .ini file. One question, is it ok to overwrite the .ini file that is already in the  %APPDATA%\Virtuali?

thanks!

sorry how do i Restart Couatl from its icon on the Desktop? i see no file as such, up to know i have follow step 1 and 2 from the instructions
« Last Edit: August 24, 2022, 08:10:19 pm by turbay »

jonz747

« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2022, 07:39:08 pm »
The sim actually crashed on loading after putting the ini file in, I didn't exit it on my own accord however I'm confused. How can it be showing that coautl is working and still giving me a message saying it is not started and then I have to physically launch Coautl?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2022, 08:38:30 pm »
The sim actually crashed on loading after putting the ini file

No, the sim just crashed randomly because this reason:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26876.0.html

Try to follow the latest Microsoft suggestions, and see if you can run it without crashes.

jonz747

« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2022, 09:06:36 pm »
It’s the first time me having a sim crash before an airport loads but as you said it could be random. It’s also the first crash I have had since using gsx. The issue persist regarding coautl unless I manually load it however I figured out the issue I was getting with static jetways reported in coautl at yssy . Even though I had excluded yssy, it wasn’t going across to the excluded side and I had to manually find it and do it. Now my jetways work. I’ll continue to launch coautl until you find a fix for having to do it manually but besides that I have no issues with gsx so far, just need to get files from developers for the market place purchased airports.
Cheers for the help as the jetways issue was driving me nuts more than the manually launching coautl

idlh72

« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2022, 12:56:09 am »
I cannot get GSX Pro to work. I have tried all of the solutions found in the forums without any success. I have deleted, re-installed, and used the offline updater. I keep getting the "Couatl engine hasn't started message".

"This offline installer will make do until we'll be reasonably sure almost all Cloudflare nodes have been updated. You can recognize if YOUR node has, by simply noticing if the Live Update doesn't download anything if you run it after this offline installer. If this happens, it means your local Cloudflare node is now fully updated, so you don't need to use this anymore, just the Live Update."

I have tried this and live update continues to try and download stuff. I have tried this many times. Attached is the Couatl.log that was created following the instructions of the forum.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2022, 12:58:53 am »
I have tried this and live update continues to try and download stuff.

Which means your local node is still not updated, so you still need to use the offline installer for the time being, as the last thing you do. Be sure you do that, and if doesn't change anything, make another log *after* you  used the offline installer (don't run the live update)

dade2000

« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2022, 01:04:25 am »
Why when I open the gsx menu it says "could not find valid afcad data at this position"?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2022, 03:58:19 pm by dade2000 »

idlh72

« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2022, 01:11:00 am »
attached is the new log file, still getting the error message and couatl crashes

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2022, 09:28:58 am »
Shortly, Couatl does not start automatically after I start MSFS, and it still does not appear in the taskbar. For GSX to work, I must run Couatl manually and restart via taskbar after MSFS is opened

But this doesn't have anything to do with GSX or Couatl. There's a known bug in MSFS which results in programs started from the EXE.XML file not being launched. It happens to me too, there are several reports on Microsoft forum about this problem, which has been reported since May:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/exe-xml-often-not-starting-addons-correctly/515592/66

Quoting from another user there:

On the GSX forums there are many users saying that Couatl doesn’t start and it’s due to the EXE.XML not starting withouth them knowing, so they blame GSX. That’s just an example, the same could happen for every single addon based on it.

The problem has been reported on Microsoft dev forum too, in May:

https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/questions/8061/exexml-fails-to-launch-my-simconnect-external-appl.html

This reply comes directly from Asobo:

That's an issue we're already tracking. It's related to MS Store checking the app (MSFS) has a correct licence but also checking for child apps and failing in this case.

So, clearly a bug, since it seems the MS Store tried to check the license even for child applications, something it shouldn't do.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2022, 09:38:50 am by virtuali »

joshpowel1414

« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2022, 10:46:14 am »
Hello,

The log shows as connected to simconnect but still getting the couatl script engine isn't running

Many thanks