Author Topic: Compatibility with MegaCity Hawaii  (Read 26707 times)

I.J.

Re: Compatibility with MegaCity Hawaii
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2010, 03:05:55 am »
If I select any Aircraft in my FS, and simply taxi around the Airport, all I get is the dust associated with taxing on a grass taxiway.
Tom, can you confirm you added exclude and flatten lines to the FSDT PHNL entry which is above MegaCity Hawaii? Where exactly does it happen? I tried to reproduce it - no luck, or rather luckyly no dust where ever I passed (but it's a big airport). Are you sure you dont't have anything else in the area?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 03:07:33 am by I.J. »

Tom C

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2010, 10:05:44 am »
If I select any Aircraft in my FS, and simply taxi around the Airport, all I get is the dust associated with taxing on a grass taxiway.
Tom, can you confirm you added exclude and flatten lines to the FSDT PHNL entry which is above MegaCity Hawaii? Where exactly does it happen? I tried to reproduce it - no luck, or rather luckyly no dust where ever I passed (but it's a big airport). Are you sure you dont't have anything else in the area?
When you say the FSDT entry, I assume you mean the one in the Scenery.cfg in the main FS9 folder, if so then yes that's where I put it.
It happened on every taxiway I tried. Each one had the same issue, and when you got to the runways, there was a visible step up onto it where the dust dissapeared.
Regards.

Tom C.

I.J.

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2010, 11:36:05 am »
OK, I think I know why you and other users have mesh problems and I don't. I completely forgot that I'd changed the altitude in the 'AF9_PHNL_ALT.BGL' file which is in 'Flight Simulator 9\Scenery\World\scenery' folder. I don't know what it is there for but I found strange that its altitude was 0.00 while the airport is at 13ft level. So I put it on 13ft level. No mesh mess since.
Could you test the attached file? Don't forget to back-up the original one.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 11:40:10 am by I.J. »

Tom C

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2010, 01:21:33 pm »
Will test tonight when I get home.
Thanks for that.
Regards.

Tom C.

swiss1

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2010, 05:03:26 pm »
This week-end I bought and installed FSDT PHNL on my computer

I have already FSGenesis complete mesh, MegaCityHawaii, HawaiiGM(MG), NPS airport with my own afcad2 and traffic  between the airports NPS, PHNL, PHJR, PHHI installed.

Before I was using PHNL from Lago which I completely uninstalled, except the Lago PHNL traffic and
the nice background sound animation from Lago which change according to the location inside the airport area.

In the Mega scenery Hawaii:
The PHNL-HonoluluIntl.BGL is desactivated (.off, which was already the case  with the Lago scenery.
The NPS Afcad,(file NPS-FordIslandNALF.bgl) was modified as mentionned.
Nothing else.

After installing the FSDT PHNL latest version I noted, that I have doubling of buildings (inside Hangar 21, near Continental hangar) as already mentionned in this Forum.

So I just add the first exclude file proposed by I.J. this forum, (see below) and the double
buildings disappears, so thank you very mach for this tweak!)

I run also the FSDT -Resizer patch, great no stutters any more.

Now I can just say , what a scenery ! even with FS9, one of the best !

Everythings works great and I have nice background sounds and music
(hangar noice, take-off noise ,hawaii music, vehicles and alarme noise ...) and traffic with surrounding airports.

Just a small issue the water runways are slightly misplaced with the MegaCityHawaii scenery and it's not
easy to move if you dont have ADE9.

Here my scenery configuration:

[Area.062]               ("priority3")
Title=Hawaii Oahu
Layer=62
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Local=megaCityHawaiiOahu\Hawaii Oahu
Remote=

[Area.063]               ("priority2")
Title=HawaiiII_MG
Layer=63
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Local=Addon Scenery\HawaiiII_MG
Remote=

[Area.064]               ("priority1")
Title=FSDreamTeam Honolulu International
Local=FsDreamTeam\PHNL
Active=TRUE
Exclude=N21 20.31,W157 57.99,N21 18.18,W157 54.09,objects
Required=FALSE
Layer=64
Remote=

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
-------------------------------------
[Area.205]               ("priority much higher")
Title=Active Scenery Objects © 2003 LAGO
Layer=205
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Local=LAGO\Common
Remote=

Swiss1
FS2004, Windows XP SP3
Intel DUO E8600 3.33 GHz
4MB Corsair DDR2 Ram
Nvidia 9800 GX2 Graphic card

swiss1

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2010, 05:14:30 pm »
Here the other pictures
Swiss1

Aeroman

• "Did we land or were we shot down?!?"
    • American Virtual Airlines
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2010, 09:16:35 am »
Here the other pictures
Swiss1

You know that airfield on Ford Island doesn't exist anymore, right?  The old hangars are Aerospace museums and the runway is grassed over.  You can make out the runway, but it's definitely not as shown there.
Best regards,

Ryan Cummins
AAL148
Dallas/Fort Worth Int'l. Hub
American Virtual Airlines
"We know why you fly"

swiss1

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2010, 02:43:06 pm »
After searching on the  Web (Wikipedia,FAA information), it'seems the NPS is still in activity for General aviation.
But anyway let us be a little nostalgic; flightsimming is also for these reasons interessting.
In my NPS traffic, I use nearly almost oldtimer like DC3. I change the ground texture for NPS airfield to look a little more old and loneliness and desert!!
Good fly

M-Sauce

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2011, 08:36:51 am »
Hello FSDT

Any solution found to integrate PHNL with Mega scenery?

Thanks

kiwiflyer

« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2011, 03:37:44 am »
This really won't help those who are having a problem but what I can say is I have FS Genesis mesh installed and Megascenery Honolulu and FSDT PHNL and have never had a problem. The only issue I have had with PHNL is the incompatibility with MAIW Kaneohe which apparently doesn't have a solution yet

Pinken78

« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2011, 07:53:27 pm »
is here any solution

Same problem:

FSDT PHNL with afcad from fsdt, FSGenesis, and Megascenery Oahu are installed and the PHNL-Honoluluintl.bgl from the megascenery are disabled but the hawaii-004.bgl is to importend for vfr flight. if the hawaii-004.bgl file is disabled fsdt are beautiful. but with this file some terminalbuildings clashes with the fsdt scenery. is there anybody out there with an fix or idea

thanx in advance