Author Topic: Compatibility with MegaCity Hawaii  (Read 26711 times)

jerel2k10

Compatibility with MegaCity Hawaii
« on: January 23, 2010, 08:36:48 pm »
Don't know if this has been asked/answered but was wondering if PHNL is compatible with MegaCity Hawaii?   If so, no problem I can uninstall it.   Thanks!

Silverbird

Re: Compatibility with MegaCity Hawaii
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 09:55:57 pm »
Don't know if this has been asked/answered but was wondering if PHNL is compatible with MegaCity Hawaii?   If so, no problem I can uninstall it.   Thanks!

Hi having both fsdt phnl and megascenery Hawaii for fs9 I get the error with the default phnl showing up so I had to disable the  megascenery scenery in the scenery library and everything went back to normal. virtuali from fsdt is looking into it. if you want you can try it with the demo running.  http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=2645.0
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

Bender

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 10:26:29 am »
MegaCity Hawaii contains a number of Airport AFCADs, including PHNL.

Renaming the file PHNL-HonoluluIntl.BGL to PHNL-HonoluluIntl.BGX solved the conflict for me.
The file is in megaCityHawaiiOahu\Hawaii Oahu\scenery in your main FS9 directory.

BTW: The island and the airport look great in combination.

Hope this helps - Norman

Manty

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 10:59:47 am »
Hi there,

in order to have the FSDT PHNL terminal buildings show up properly you have to disable the file 'hawaii-004.BGL' in the megaCityHawaii main scenery folder, too. Otherwise some default buildings are overlapping the ones from FSDT. So there are 2 conflicting files: 'PHNL-HonoluluIntl.BGL' and 'hawaii-004.BGL'. In my opinion those 2 files don't change too much of the overall appearance of the megaCityHawaii scenery. At least for me it is sufficient and is quite good looking.

Greetings and big compliments to FSDT for such a great scenery !

Manty

jerel2k10

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2010, 04:06:26 pm »
This is good information.   Thanks for the help guys!

I.J.

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2010, 04:25:31 pm »
Hi Manty,
Disabling 'hawaii-004.BGL' deletes MegaCity Hawaii's autogen which really is a shame especially for VFR flying.
Instead of it, I added to the FSDT PHNL entry this exclude line:
Exclude=N21 20.31,W157 57.99,N21 18.18,W157 54.09,objects
It makes both sceneries co-exist in perfect harmony.
Cheers,
Iouri

Manty

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2010, 04:32:09 pm »
Hello Iouri,

oh yeah,

that's the more elegant and professional way to do it !

Thanks a lot !!!

Cheers,

Manty

simbio

• FSDreamTeam developer
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2010, 05:55:13 pm »
We are investigating in all aspect, because there are also some problem with the mesh terrain and
a simple exclude doesn't solve the puzzle.
Thank's for reporting.
Fabrizio

Nightowl

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2010, 08:19:17 pm »
Thanks from me too, this works for my problem too! (http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=2637.0)

Tino

I.J.

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2010, 09:31:41 pm »
Hi Fabrizio,
Just a question: what the file AF9_PHNL_ALT.BGL in Flight Simulator 9\Scenery\World\scenery is there for? BTW, its elevation is 0.00m.
Iouri

I.J.

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2010, 12:14:37 am »
Fabrizio, please ignore my previous post.
Until you find a better solution, this is how I solve the autogen/mesh problem:
- No renaming/deleting of MegaCity Hawaii's files needed any more;
- An exclude line as posted earlyer;
- A flatten line: Flatten.0=13,N21 20.95,W157 59.69,N21 19.88,W157 52.97,N21 17.40,W157 51.36,N21 17.64,W158 3.79
 added to the FSD PHNL entry. It creates an ugly "step" in the sea but it's far enough from the airport and mostly invisible around midday.
Iouri

jerel2k10

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2010, 12:29:52 am »
@ IJ, I tried your steps but when I ran SCANAFD it is showing two conflicting files.   The AF2 for the scenery as well as the AF2 for Megacity Hawaii PHNL-HonoluluIntl.BGL.   Having these two together will cause a CTD.  Any ideas?   Thanks!

I.J.

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2010, 12:59:19 am »
@ IJ, I tried your steps but when I ran SCANAFD it is showing two conflicting files.   The AF2 for the scenery as well as the AF2 for Megacity Hawaii PHNL-HonoluluIntl.BGL.   Having these two together will cause a CTD.  Any ideas?   Thanks!
I haven't experienced any CTD so far (which doesn't mean it would never happen), but if you think there's a danger, I suppose you can just disable 'PHNL-HonoluluIntl.BGL'. I beleve we don't need it any more since the FSD PHNL is installed.

kinm

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2010, 06:32:26 pm »
I haven't experienced any CTD so far (which doesn't mean it would never happen), but if you think there's a danger, I suppose you can just disable 'PHNL-HonoluluIntl.BGL'. I beleve we don't need it any more since the FSD PHNL is installed.

I had this when i removed the hawaii04.BGL from Megascnenery. Put it back (just delete or rename the PHNL-HonoluluIntl.BGL) and did the exclude parameter per the user here and its been working great. I have the Honolulu scenery up now for more than 24 hours just doing plane spotting as AI planes do their thing.

Kin M.
(Klax)

Tom C

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2010, 11:35:20 pm »
Fabrizio, please ignore my previous post.
Until you find a better solution, this is how I solve the autogen/mesh problem:
- No renaming/deleting of MegaCity Hawaii's files needed any more;
- An exclude line as posted earlyer;
- A flatten line: Flatten.0=13,N21 20.95,W157 59.69,N21 19.88,W157 52.97,N21 17.40,W157 51.36,N21 17.64,W158 3.79
 added to the FSD PHNL entry. It creates an ugly "step" in the sea but it's far enough from the airport and mostly invisible around midday.
Iouri
Sorry, but this doesn't work for me.
It works as far as removing the conflict between both sceneries, but it also causes mesh problems with the PHNL scenery.

If I select any Aircraft in my FS, and simply taxi around the Airport, all I get is the dust associated with taxing on a grass taxiway.

I think I'll wait for FSDT to come up with a fix, that works in harmony between both scenery packs.
Regards.

Tom C.