Author Topic: flickering textures  (Read 16422 times)

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
Re: flickering textures
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2010, 11:35:50 pm »
Fixed by switching to 2m mesh resolution.

I'll check that out, TYVM.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

JamesChams

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2010, 08:29:08 pm »
Virtuali,

A good DEFRAG and a restart and the flickering seems to be gone for now...

However, here are those "lighter-shaded" brown lines that cross the runways, etc.  Is this a graphic setting issue or perhaps something else?  :-\

Please see pic below...
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 10:35:19 pm by JamesChams »
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2010, 08:36:34 pm »
The higher res ground is made in tiles, what you are seeing is the joint between tiles, it's impossible to have a perfect fit, both because there's a limit in positioning accuracy in Flightsim, and also because the graphic card filters the textures, but the filter doesn't "continue" between adjacent tiles.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 11:46:24 pm by virtuali »

JamesChams

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2010, 11:45:29 pm »
Virtuali,
The higher res ground is made in tiles, what you are seeing is the joint between tiles, it's impossible to have a perfect fit...
I figured as much... I'm using a screen res. of 3840x1024 [on (x3) 42" LCD Monitors] so, every-little-defect/error seems to show up :'( and sometimes its hard to know weather its an FS issue or something else.   Well, it's not too much of a bother like the flickering was.

Grazie! :)

« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 12:07:32 am by JamesChams »
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

miguel

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2010, 05:56:30 am »
Is your company working on problem of textures? Have no seen any new info. past few days. >:(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2010, 06:31:02 am »
Is your company working on problem of textures? Have no seen any new info. past few days.

What is the problem of textures ? The scenery doesn't have any problem of texture. There are issues of compatibility with a couple of photoreal addon sceneries, which will be fixed, but the scenery itself doesn't need any fix, if used alone.

The problem James was referring to, is really minor, it's not a flickering, it's not really fixable entirely.

miguel

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2010, 12:46:32 pm »
"flickering texture on objects like baggage carts, and parked cars'
This is problem for me as was such in other post someone write they have problem to. That is my concern. >:(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2010, 08:35:11 am »
"flickering texture on objects like baggage carts, and parked cars'

I'm sorry, but this discussion has been mixed with another problem on ground, that we don't see so, it caused by something else, and *another* problem (the small seams between tiles), which can't be fixed and it has been the same for all our sceneries.

About vehicles yes, there are a few texture for vehicles that are missing their mipmaps.

This is problem for me as was such in other post someone write they have problem to.

There wasn't just a problem report, but a solution has been posted, which was to add mipmaps and save the file back.

If you don't want to do it yourself (it's really a 2 minutes work with Imagetool), or wait for a patch, here's the files with mipmaps attached, put into the fsdreamteam\PHNL\texture folder

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2010, 09:34:23 am »
NOTE:

This is only a temporary solution because, we need to do an entirely different fix because, this is not something that can be really fixed with textures, it's the object that has been modeled differently.