Author Topic: FSDT Live Updater Crash  (Read 2444 times)

simtom

FSDT Live Updater Crash
« on: August 18, 2022, 10:30:34 pm »
Hello,

When trying to update GSX via the Live Updater I get this error message roughly halfway through, I remember having the same issue in P3D even.

Any idea as to how I can solve this?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSDT Live Updater Crash
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2022, 10:40:43 pm »
Do you possibly have an older sim like FSX or P3D 1-3 with still its registry keys but an empty folder, like a remnant of an old installation ?

simtom

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2022, 10:46:55 pm »
Hmm, couple of years ago I did have P3D installed. Just deleting the registry entry should be enough?

Or its folder.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2022, 11:20:30 pm by virtuali »

senchay

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2022, 12:02:44 am »
I have this too now suddenly. But only in the last version. Better said, in the last version ive downloaded. Not sure if it has updated meanwhile.

My way to there was like this:

- bought, installed, updated and activated the product
- found that my Manual download button is missing and already wondered (so at this stage the installer was working).
- started the sim and saw that no COUATL exe is started.
- saw that many contents of the couatl64 folder is missing
- added folder/files to win defender exclusion
- started couatl updater and it updated all my products. This time the folder contents in couatl64 were a lot more
- started the sim again, this time it seemed to work. The GSX Menu appeared right away.

But it actually didnt. I have a lot of issues (missing textures, menu only works once until couatl needs restart, and more) so i tried updating again.

And now im here. With the same issue. The Installer updates for me until Keywest, then its crashing. With the same error. Unhandled exception.

I for myself have no P3D on this PC and never had. I had it on an older PC yes, but not on this one yet.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 12:07:25 am by senchay »

senchay

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2022, 12:09:55 am »
Well, now it doesnt even start anymore.

I guess ill restart my pc...

senchay

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2022, 12:20:12 am »
Ok, sorry for the spam. Just to reconfirm, now neither installer nor live installer work anymore at all.

They were working when i posted the post before here but now, even after restart, none of the 2 apps work anymore.

No error, the blue screen appears, it seems to try to fill the layout with content and then the app simply is closing.
There is no error in windows log. Nothing at all that relates to an error. Really weird...

Like mentioned, i had the error like OP (and seemingly others) too. Until now, where it doesnt start at all anymore.

adlouah

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2022, 12:20:28 am »
Hello,

When trying to update GSX via the Live Updater I get this error message roughly halfway through, I remember having the same issue in P3D even.

https://i.imgur.com/qyBddkX.png

Any idea as to how I can solve this?

Got the same error, bot for the installer and the liveupdater. P3D5 installed with GSX 1 and 2 for P3D. Also got the engine error (see other post in forum).
« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 12:21:07 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2022, 12:22:26 am »
Got the same error, bot for the installer and the liveupdater. P3D5 installed with GSX 1 and 2 for P3D. Also got the engine error (see other post in forum).

I'm fairly sure you are not getting the latest version from your local Cloudflare node, because this error cannot possibly happen anymore, there should be just an indication of a problem with a folder name in the small log, but it should then continue normally.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2022, 12:48:49 am »
The error related to the Font memory allocation should be fixed now, it's a temporary solution, with the app running the default font until we find a proper fix but, at least it will work

senchay

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2022, 01:37:12 am »
The updater/installer worked again yes. Thank you.

Not really sure if it really updates everything as it is supposed to. I get a lot of issues (see my other topic).