Author Topic: GSX windows no opening up  (Read 4943 times)

Navylandsub

Re: GSX windows no opening up
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2022, 11:14:44 pm »
ZIPPING the WHOLE Couatl.log

I don't see a Couatl.log file in the folders.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2022, 11:17:48 pm »
- open the Notepad and type the following on a new blank file:

logFile=couatl.log

(please note logFile is written beginning with a lower case L and a capital F )

- Save the file as couatl_MSFS.ini in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder

- Restart Couatl from the Tray Bar

- Check your %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder and if there's a Couatl.LOG file there, post its content

- DO NOT copy the file in a message, but use the "Attach" function of the forum to ZIP the log file and Attach it to a post.
Modify message

sauqy

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2022, 11:29:57 pm »
It doesnt produce any couatl.log file, although i have a couatl.err file

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2022, 11:32:13 pm »
It doesnt produce any couatl.log file, although i have a couatl.err file

If it doens't, it means you have made some kind of mistake creating the ini file. However, even the .err file might tell something useful.

sauqy

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2022, 11:39:07 pm »
This is how I created the file and attached is also the .err
« Last Edit: August 18, 2022, 11:41:15 pm by sauqy »

Denzel

• FsFrance Project Mach 2 Concorde Team
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2022, 11:46:06 pm »
- open the Notepad and type the following on a new blank file:

logFile=couatl.log

(please note logFile is written beginning with a lower case L and a capital F )

- Save the file as couatl_MSFS.ini in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder

- Restart Couatl from the Tray Bar

Hi Umberto

Same Problem here in Paris France

Nothing Happen when i click the GSX button and Nothing happen in virtuali folder, i don't even have a log file generated unfortunately...

Here is my complete virtuali folder (but without update cache folder cuz it's to huge the server doesnt allow)
- Check your %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder and if there's a Couatl.LOG file there, post its content

- DO NOT copy the file in a message, but use the "Attach" function of the forum to ZIP the log file and Attach it to a post.
Modify message
EX - FsFrance Project Mach 2 Concorde Team
Ryzen 9 5900X + MSI B550 Unify-X + GTX 3080Ti + 32Go DDR4 3200Mhz + MSI MPG341CQR 34"" On Win10 64Bits

HoneyCom Alpha & Bravo Equiped + Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack + Occulus Quest 2

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2022, 11:51:43 pm »
Denzel,

you posted a log which contains an Couatl.err from February made by P3D, and no Couatl_MSFS.INI created so, assuming you installed GSX for MSFS, it doesn't seem it ever created any errors, as if it never started. Are you able to start it manually ?

davide93

« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2022, 12:08:04 am »
hi! same problem here!
Couatl engine is running i try to close and open  it, still no icones of gsx menu
how we can solve it?

Denzel

« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2022, 12:10:33 am »
Be sure i've installed and activated GSX for MSFS i'm sure the MSFS version is installed cuz i've the GSX button in MSFS toolbar and coualt was running but nothing happened

Then i restart with an asobo plane and choose asobo default airport KSLC but its worst now coualt doesnt start anymore and i can't even start the product manager

Ive to make some deeper investigations

Regards
Ryzen 9 5900X + MSI B550 Unify-X + GTX 3080Ti + 32Go DDR4 3200Mhz + MSI MPG341CQR 34"" On Win10 64Bits

HoneyCom Alpha & Bravo Equiped + Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack + Occulus Quest 2

davide93

« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2022, 12:14:34 am »
hi! same problem here!
Couatl engine is running i try to close and open  it, still no icones of gsx menu
how we can solve it?
can be that is in conflit with the one that is istalled in gsx? how can i solve it? like this i can not use it....

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2022, 12:24:22 am »
Then i restart with an asobo plane and choose asobo default airport KSLC but its worst now coualt doesnt start anymore and i can't even start the product manager

Your 2nd image with the live update error is scrolled down, so I can't read the fist lines which are the most important.

Denzel

« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2022, 01:25:33 am »

Your 2nd image with the live update error is scrolled down, so I can't read the fist lines which are the most important.

Argh Sorry Umberto i didn't copy these informations (But i will if i'm in trouble again)

I've solved my case :

1_I Have made a backup of my own gsx airports sets (Even if i think i'll never use P3D again)
2_I have uninstalled all my Fsdt products safely, both P3D and MSFS
3_I Have erased virtuali folder and addon manager folder
4_I Have Re installed GSX for MSFS and now the window opened and everthings seems to be good now

Now i have to really test this another masterpiece

Regards

hurfifx

« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2022, 01:31:36 am »

Argh Sorry Umberto i didn't copy these informations (But i will if i'm in trouble again)

I've solved my case :

1_I Have made a backup of my own gsx airports sets (Even if i think i'll never use P3D again)
2_I have uninstalled all my Fsdt products safely, both P3D and MSFS
3_I Have erased virtuali folder and addon manager folder
4_I Have Re installed GSX for MSFS and now the window opened and everthings seems to be good now

Now i have to really test this another masterpiece

Regards

you have another problem; look on your gsx settings window at the top, it says gsx for fsx 2018. I have the same

fmora4528

« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2022, 01:33:23 am »
I did see that message popped up at the top of the screen, it said "Couatl engine hasn't started yet" it doesn't do anything from there.

sauqy

« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2022, 02:46:00 am »
Can confirm Denzel's method works for me. Uninstalled everything connected to coautl/addon manager and deleted all files manually from %appdata%/virtuali and program files(x86)/addon manager then installed FSDT universal installer+GSX Pro. Finally its working