Author Topic: Major Problem with bglman.dll CTD killing other software **SOLVED**  (Read 10113 times)

jw54

Ok I currently have KLAS on my machine along with Qualitywings 757, both use the addon manager system with the bglman.dll module.  No problems.

I downloaded Honolulu, today, installed, as usual, it connects and downloads some new info to the bglman.dll.  When I go to start FS9 I, the scenery files are configured and then CTD.

I uninstall, and remove Honolulu and KLAS and Qualitywings 757, as they all use the bglman.dll.  So now I have removed all software using the addon modules.    I disable, my Antivirus and turn off the firewall. I make sure that nothing is being loaded on startup, I am essentially starting the machine "naked"

First I go to install KLAS (which I previously purchased).  It installs, loads the module.  I start FS9, scenery files written, CTD.

I remove KLAS and the addon managers.  I start FS9, and everything starts up ok.

I install the Qualitywings 757, it loads the bglman.dll module.  I start FS9 and CTD.  I remove Qualitywing 757 and the add modules and FS9 starts ok.

Something is wrong with the addon module.  KLAS and Qualitywings previously worked, but this entire mess started when I downloaded and tried to install the NEW Honolulu scenery today. 

Again, I made sure there was not antivirus or firewall running.  KLAS and Qualitywings worked before, but I cannot even reinstall these previously purchased items.  I suspect something is different with the bglman.dll

Please provide advice, because I now own two products (KLAS and Qualitywings 757), neither which I can use. :'(
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 04:09:15 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Major Problem with bglman.dll CTD killing other software
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 12:22:04 am »
If the program crashes at start without warning, it means you've got a mix-up between version which can be caused only by the antivirus interfering, or by a problem you had during the download, as if you get some updated files and some that weren't.

- First, be sure you don't have any bglman*.* files ( .dll and .dat ) after you uninstalled and replied YES to the question about removing the Addon Manager.

- Turn the Antivirus OFF

- Uninstall PHNL. Reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager?"

- Reinstall PHNL. Don't launch FS9 yet

- Configure your antivirus to ignore the MODULES\bglman.dll file in the FS9 folder. Or the whole MODULES folder. Yes, this is important.

- Turn the Antivirus back ON, then launch FS9.

jw54

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 12:33:27 am »
I did a complete search and found no bglman*.* anywhere on my machine.

I turn off the antivirus, in fact, as I stated in my post above, I restart my machine completely "naked"  no antivirus even loaded on startup, no firewall.

I install PHNL, start up FS9 and CTD!!   

I remove PHNL, and the addon manager and FS9 starts ok.

Again, this has affected my previously purchased KLAS, which I cannot reinstall as well as I cannot reinstall my Qualitywings 757,

I am convinced something is wrong with the bglman.dll or dat file, because once they are removed, I can start up FS9 without a problem.

I am particularly frustrated, because I cannot even reinstall Qualitywings and KLAS ???

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 12:40:29 am »
I did a complete search and found no bglman*.* anywhere on my machine.

I haven't said you could find those files everywhere. They are only in the MODULES folder. Once you check they are not there, it's fine.

I turn off the antivirus, in fact, as I stated in my post above, I restart my machine completely "naked"  no antivirus even loaded on startup, no firewall.

I read your post before and, as I've said, it's not 100%  sure that, by just turning off the antivirus, all its services are entirely disabled. That's why I told you to explicitely exclude the MODULES folder from scanning.

I am convinced something is wrong with the bglman.dll or dat file, because once they are removed, I can start up FS9 without a problem.

There's nothing wrong, if you get the correct files. Which, as I've said, might not happen either because you had a problem during the download, or your antivirus blocked the update when they were installing.

Please, try to do as I've said. You CAN leave your antivirus on, but you have to turn it off entirely when installing, and you need to configure it to exclude the MODULES folder when running FS9.

As a last resort, try to download the files manually:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/download/setup/bglman/release_mscd/bglman.dll
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/download/setup/bglman/bglman.dat
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/download/setup/bglman/bglman_fsdt.dat
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/download/setup/bglman/bglman_skymakers.dat
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/download/setup/bglman/bglman_qwings.dat

Put them all in the MODULES folder. If FS9 now starts, then it's SURE something (=antivirus, most likely) prevented their installation.

jw54

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2010, 12:56:55 am »
I will try this and get back.  But let me make it clear that I configured my machine so that NO antivirus loads on start up--that is why I said my machine is booted "naked"--no antiviral program or services are being loaded. 

In addition, prior to downloading PHNL today, KLAS and Qualitywings 757 were working just fine.  The only thing that changed was installing PHNL, which loaded a new dll and dat files.   After that, I had to remove all software that uses these modules just to get FS9 to load.

Now when I go to reinstall KLAS or the QW757, FS9 crashes, thus the only thing that has changed is the new dll module being loaded TODAY.  I just installed QW757 three weeks ago, and there were no problems.

But I appreciate your help, and I will try your suggestions and let you know. :)

jw54

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2010, 03:54:49 am »
Your solution (direct download) worked!  Everything is back to where is was before and I be purchasing shortly. ;D

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2010, 04:09:07 am »
Happy to hear that!