Author Topic: Jetway Page Grayed Out  (Read 1028 times)

kmanning

Jetway Page Grayed Out
« on: August 12, 2022, 03:31:20 am »

Hi,
I just installed in new addon scenery KMCI by TropicalSims and just entered the files for the SODE Jetways. The jetways work fine but I'm not able to change the airline livery that I want the jetway to represent, which is Delta Airlines. When I launch the Customize This Parking Position and go the the Jetway page, everything is grayed out and I cannot edit the jetway airline livery. Why is it grayed out? Am I supposed to be able to edit the jetway rather it's default or SODE? They are SODE jetways and is it possible to edit the airline livery for a jetway? If so, where and how do I go about editing it?

Ken.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: Jetway Page Grayed Out
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2022, 05:22:45 am »
Ken, you can't use GSX to edit the SODE jetways that came with the scenery. You can only use it to edit the GSX SODE jetways. If you want to replace the SODE jetways with GSX's SODE jetways, you would have to remove the jetways from the scenery, then add the GSX SODE jetways in.
Captain Kevin

kmanning

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2022, 11:51:40 am »
Ken, you can't use GSX to edit the SODE jetways that came with the scenery. You can only use it to edit the GSX SODE jetways. If you want to replace the SODE jetways with GSX's SODE jetways, you would have to remove the jetways from the scenery, then add the GSX SODE jetways in.

I understand now. Thanks for clearing that up. Is it possible that I can edit the airline livery in the SODE that came with the scenery? I can't find in the xml where I can edit it. I assume it would be the xml I would use. It would have to be either xml or sim objects.

Ken.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2022, 01:11:30 pm »
More than likely, the logo on the scenery's SODE jetway is part of the texture, so you can certainly do it if you can find the texture file for it.
Captain Kevin

kmanning

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2022, 09:41:46 pm »
More than likely, the logo on the scenery's SODE jetway is part of the texture, so you can certainly do it if you can find the texture file for it.

I just realized something here. Actually, there is no airline logo on the 3rd party SODE jetway itself. So, the scenery SODE jetway is not assigned any airline. The airline logo was assigned by GSX, not the 3rd party scenery. I know that because when I select 'Operate Jetway' from the Activate Ground Services menu, it shows a few airline services, but the default is American Airlines. But they are SODE jetways from the 3rd party scenery and not GSX. But apparently, GSX assigned the default airline because it says so in the menu. It's not a big deal if I cannot make the airline change since the airline is not shown on the SODE jetway in the 3rd party scenery. I guess if I decide to assign the airline, I'll have to remove the 3rd party SODE and use the GSX SODE, like you said. Do I remove the 3rd party SODE jetway using the GSX program or do I do that by deleting the SODE from the 3rd partry scenery? I hate to delete them in case I ever want to go back, but I guess I can always back them up onto a folder.

Ken.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2022, 09:49:19 pm by kmanning »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2022, 11:01:55 pm »
I think you need some clarifications here:

- The only sure way to know if the jetway is made by GSX or it's coming from an external SODE file, is to check the GSX scenery customization page. If the jetway is provided by SODE, it will labeled with "Parking has an XML Jetway"

- Regardless how the jetway is made, this is completely separate from the GSX choice of ground handlers. When you start a service, GSX will always give you a choice of a ground handler ( unless only one is assigned to that parking/airport ), but this is unrelated to what logo will be displayed on the jetway, the jetway logo in GSX is assigned following a different ruleset than the ground handler, and so the catering trucks, they all have their separate scoring rules.

This, assuming the jetway *IS* made with GSX. Not that this would change in any way how GSX selects an handler, it would be the same even if there was no jetway at all.