Author Topic: Night Lighting - and a special request  (Read 2329 times)

jonmkj1

Night Lighting - and a special request
« on: April 02, 2022, 05:09:12 am »
Away from the terminal, the airport is pitch black at night! There are some lights on the hangars in the GA area, but none of them illuminate the ramp much at all.  And the cargo area is completely dark with no lighting at all. Can't see a thing after sunset.

Also, would it be possible to update the FBO with a more detailed model?  I have a TON of reference pictures you can use. I know it's a small building and in the grand scheme doesn't matter much, but I'm a corporate jet flyer and not so much into the airliners  ;D   Let me know and I'll load you up with pictures from all over the airport!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Night Lighting - and a special request
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2022, 09:42:09 am »
We'll check the lighting in the peripheral areas.

Bigteeze

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2022, 03:38:07 am »
On the topic of night lighting, I'm seeing just default centerline green taxi lights at night. I thought KCLT had custom taxiway lighting similar to FlyTampa (KBOS, YSSY, CYYZ) or Aerosoft/Simwings sceneries? I have no orange/green runway exit lighting either. Is this how the scenery is supposed to be or did something go wrong on my recent install?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2022, 01:54:20 pm »
On the topic of night lighting, I'm seeing just default centerline green taxi lights at night. I thought KCLT had custom taxiway lighting similar to FlyTampa (KBOS, YSSY, CYYZ) or Aerosoft/Simwings sceneries?

I can assure you KCLT has fully custom taxiway lights ( and not just them it also has custom glide and localizer antennas ), and it's one of the first scenery to have these, with a great improvement in fps, since the default models are optimized very badly, while the ones that comes with KCLT have many carefully crafter LOD levels, and dynamic lights effects not found in default lights.

Just to be sure you are looking at the correct lights and you have no conflicts with other sceneries, do you see THIS kind of taxiway light ?

https://fseimg.imgix.net/2021/11/Charlotte-Douglas-V2-for-MSFS10.jpg?auto=compress%2Cformat&q=80&s=5bdbcd8e6bcf8dfbe158995263b4c33a