Author Topic: Suggestion for GSX Jetway/Stairs Usage  (Read 2587 times)

CPTAlp

• Beta tester
Suggestion for GSX Jetway/Stairs Usage
« on: July 30, 2022, 07:14:06 am »
Hello!

I have a small suggestion. As far as I see, right now GSX boarding/deboarding works only with whatever is available at the gate. For example if there is a jetway, it will connect the jetway and then do the boarding/deboarding. Now you can skip this but then it will just be nothing, there will not be any jetway nor stairs at 1L for example. My suggestions is (because lots of planes fly international then continue to domestic or vice versa and what they will do for example is not connect jetway, connect stair, deboard then connect the jetway for boarding.

Suggestion:
- Enable stairs and passenger bus and leave it to user to select for boarding/deboarding in gates that have jetway.

This would increase the realism especially for people flying 2 or more legs and using the GSX to its fullest potential.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Suggestion for GSX Jetway/Stairs Usage
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2022, 01:39:37 pm »
You might achieve this in some way, by entering in the GSX configuration editor before Boarding, and select the option to "No Jetway", Apply changes, and then start Boarding or Deboarding.

CPTAlp

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2022, 02:05:53 am »
You might achieve this in some way, by entering in the GSX configuration editor before Boarding, and select the option to "No Jetway", Apply changes, and then start Boarding or Deboarding.

Hello Umberto!

Thanks for the response. I’ve actually tried this couple of times. However this result in ground services to be reset, for example if I finished catering or refueling or used a service before then go to editor and remove the jetway, it will result in the ground services to be reset. I thought how this can be achieved easy and also be user friendly. My idea is to ask right away after deboarding or boarding is requested whether the service should be done by using Jetway (if available) or by using stairs. In other words, I request boarding, GSX asks me whether boarding should be done using the jetway or stairs. What do you think about this solution?

Regards,
Alp

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2022, 10:50:10 am »
My idea is to ask right away after deboarding or boarding is requested whether the service should be done by using Jetway (if available) or by using stairs. In other words, I request boarding, GSX asks me whether boarding should be done using the jetway or stairs. What do you think about this solution?

Yes, of course an extra question would be the solution but, we'd rater not having an extra question forced on everybody, just to simulate a not so common procedure, which can already be achieved with parking customization.

And, there's the risk (not the risk, it's sure) we'll break compatibility with some airplane like FS Labs, that work their integration by intercepting our menu calls, meaning they'll have to update their code to take into account this extra question.

CPTAlp

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2022, 06:28:26 pm »
Right obviously we don't want to break anything. Do you think there is a better way to do it without the ground services being reset or thats the only solution? Also if the parking position is using GSX jetways then that might be a bigger issue since I'd be removing the jetway physically as wel.