Author Topic: Change logs, update notifications  (Read 1596 times)

Ankh

Change logs, update notifications
« on: July 15, 2022, 03:03:51 pm »
Is there any specific subforums where updates are listed including change notes? I had a notification from the simmarket app this week that there is an update available for LSZH (MSFS), but no indication on a version number, nothing here in the forums, leaving me totally unaware if I already have this update installed via FSDT universal installer (which I run about twice a month) or not.

Regards
Chris

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Change logs, update notifications
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2022, 06:24:41 pm »
If you run the FSDT Live Update, you can be 100% sure you are getting the latest version of everything.

Ankh

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2022, 12:17:19 pm »
If you run the FSDT Live Update, you can be 100% sure you are getting the latest version of everything.

But you understand that some users would actually like to KNOW what was changed or updated? Maybe because they need this information, e.g. to re-adjust their AFCAD or whatever?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2022, 06:57:35 pm »
Maybe because they need this information, e.g. to re-adjust their AFCAD or whatever?

You really adjust the AFCAD in MSFS, using Dev mode ?

Ankh

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2022, 10:58:20 am »
Maybe because they need this information, e.g. to re-adjust their AFCAD or whatever?

You really adjust the AFCAD in MSFS, using Dev mode ?

Personally I do not, but there are people trying to improve AFCADs/AFDs in MSFS, yes. But that is not the point here...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2022, 03:52:46 pm »
Personally I do not, but there are people trying to improve AFCADs/AFDs in MSFS, yes. But that is not the point here...

Exactly, the point here is we'd rather have users reporting of any issues with the AFCAD to us, instead of trying to fix themselves *especially* in MSFS, where the airport file is not "just" an AFCAD, but something more complex which is really only really editable correctly starting with the original project files, that is the original developer should do it.

In any case, no changes has happened at Zurich in months, even if you see files downloaded, in MSFS, they might change "just" because we recompiled the airport with a newer SDK, so the file might change, and triggering a download, even if nothing really changed.

pilot3033