Author Topic: Couatl 2 not working no matter what I do.  (Read 3162 times)

jem

Couatl 2 not working no matter what I do.
« on: July 11, 2022, 05:09:43 am »
I'm getting the same errors from the updater. I've installed KORD MSFS, and I get jetways, but no buildings. I've read every forum with this issue, and I've exempted, excluded the Addon folder from my antivirus program. The firewall doesn't show any notifications about files being blocked. I've uninstalled, redownloaded, and reinstalled KORD MSFS from the installer, and fresh downloads of the Universal installer. The Couatl2 quits before the
updater starts.

Log Name:      Application
Source:        Application Error
Date:          7/10/2022 3:05:44 PM
Event ID:      1000
Task Category: (100)
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
« Last Edit: July 11, 2022, 11:25:55 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Couatl 2 not working no matter what I do.
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2022, 11:27:26 am »
I cannot reproduce the problem but, have you tried this:

- Add the WHOLE Addon manager to the antivirus Exclusions.

- Disable the firewall

- Reinstall the FSDT Universal Installer

- REBOOT Windows

- Start it again on the next install

jem

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2022, 02:48:42 am »
I shall try this method, and get back to you. Thanks.

jem

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2022, 01:57:40 am »
That method did not work, same results.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2022, 01:58:40 pm »
Are you absolutely sure you did EVERYTHING, including the "REBOOT Windows" step ?

Add the WHOLE Addon manager to the antivirus Exclusions.

- Disable the firewall

- Reinstall the FSDT Universal Installer

- REBOOT Windows

- Start it again on the next install

jem

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2022, 12:24:42 am »
Yes, I did the reboot. I even disabled all Windows 10 security measures. I'm considering uninstalling my antivirus until I get this resolved, and reinstall it afterwards.

bcm652

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2022, 05:58:04 am »
If I may offer a suggestion, are you running the latest version of win10. You might want to do a Command prompt and run System File Check. I have the latest version of win10 and still do a SFC on a regular basis and it finds missing and corrupted files. No operating system is perfect and it helps sometimes to just check it out. Just a suggestion.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2022, 03:11:24 pm »
Yes, I did the reboot. I even disabled all Windows 10 security measures. I'm considering uninstalling my antivirus until I get this resolved, and reinstall it afterwards.

Be sure you download the current version of the FSDT Universal installer, because if your version is old, it might not be able to register the required .NET files. Yes, the updater is supposed to do that as well, but sometimes it can't, and needs the installer to do that, and a Windows reboot.

jem

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2022, 03:55:55 am »
Update, I ran System File Checker, which fixed some corrupt files. I then uninstalled, downloaded and reinstalled the Universal Installer. I rebooted, and the Live Update started to run, then an Unhandled exception error came up.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'QlmLicenseLib, Version=16.0.22168.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=9c65e32c060523a1' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
File name: 'QlmLicenseLib, Version=16.0.22168.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=9c65e32c060523a1'
« Last Edit: July 15, 2022, 10:00:27 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2022, 10:06:29 am »
Update, I ran System File Checker, which fixed some corrupt files. I then uninstalled, downloaded and reinstalled the Universal Installer. I rebooted, and the Live Update started to run, then an Unhandled exception error came up.

Your error is clearly a result of the installer failing to install and/or register the QlmLicenseLib.dll, that is supposed to be placed in the root of the Addon Manager folder. Just to be sure, do you have it ? It is the right version 16.0.22168.1 ?

In any case, could you please try this new version here ?

Place it in the root of the Addon Manager, overwriting the file with the same name and (IMPORTANT), start it manually, NOT from the icon, otherwise it will be overwritten immediately but the normal version that is online right now. There are lots of changes in this version in the way .dll are loaded, it uses a newer .NET framework as wll, so I wanted to know if it fixes your issue before making it public.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2022, 12:41:09 am by virtuali »

jem

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2022, 02:03:50 am »
The QlmLicenseLib.dll version that I have is 16.0.22152.2. The file that you had me download, and put in the Addon Manager folder worked! The Live Update started to download, and install updates just fine. I ran the file manually. like you requested. The updates are still running as I type this reply, so I will update you asap when all is done.

jem

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2022, 02:12:07 am »
The updates have been downloaded, and installed. If I use the desktop icons, the unhandled exception happens again on the Live Update, and the Universal Installer. I put the file that you gave me back in the Addon Manager folder, thereby replacing the old executable with the new one. Live Update ONLY runs without issues when I use the new file that you gave me. Hope this helps.

jem

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2022, 02:20:35 am »
I just loaded KORD MSFS, and it's showing up in the simulator! There's good amount of flickering on some of the vertical lines that make up the terminals and jetways.  Is there anything I can do about that? Fantastic scenery though!!
Gentlemen, I am grateful for all of your help!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2022, 10:04:27 am »
Live Update ONLY runs without issues when I use the new file that you gave me. Hope this helps.

Sure, it helps a lot.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2022, 10:05:07 am »
There's good amount of flickering on some of the vertical lines that make up the terminals and jetways. 

Try using TAA Antialiasing in the sim.