Author Topic: Is KORD V2 for MSFS Encrypted?  (Read 1481 times)

cortina

Is KORD V2 for MSFS Encrypted?
« on: July 06, 2022, 11:51:13 pm »
Hello;

I am trying to find out if this scenery is encrypted from your site or from Simmarket. I know that sceneries from MSFS Market Place are, (and I don't purchase any scenery from them for that reason) but not sure if this is encrypted regardless. I recently purchased FSHUD ATC for MSFS but having trouble (airport error) planning a flight to KORD, and encryption is normally the first thing to look at.

I thought I saw something about this sometime ago on this site about encryption but don't remember but can't seem to find it.

Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated. I would hate to have to uninstall the scenery.

Thanks.

Kindest Regards.

Cortina.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Is KORD V2 for MSFS Encrypted?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2022, 02:35:13 pm »
Only sceneries sold on the MS Marketplace are encrypted, which prevents them to be used with flight planning utilities.

None of our sceneries sold here or on Simmarket ( or anywhere else, as long they use our installer ) use any kind of encryption, the .BGLs are 100% standard. The only form of protection used are:

- you cannot download updates to the scenery without an active license.

- your username and IP are watermarked in the scenery upon installation, to discourage sharing.

But every file of the scenery is 100% standard. If they weren't, we couldn't even read them from GSX, which of course is not what we want...

Could be that utility is reading the *Asobo* KORD instead, which since it's part of the Premium packages *IS* encrypted ?

cortina

Re: Is KORD V2 for MSFS Encrypted?
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2022, 05:20:28 pm »
HI Umberto;

Thanks for your response and detail clarification, I appreciate it. Makes sense. Yeah, have been using your products since FSX, P3D and continuing into MSFS and no issues.

So, the issue I am having is definitely something else probably related to the flight plan to and from KORD that FSHUD does not like. Will try a few other things with FSHUD support since I now know it's not encryption related.

Thanks again.

Kindest Regards.
Cortina.