Author Topic: Live updater installation stalling  (Read 994 times)

Cowpatz

Live updater installation stalling
« on: July 03, 2022, 06:07:16 am »
I haven't had this issue with live updater before.
After viewing similar posts I have added the Addon Manager to the list of antivirus exclusions and disabled the firewall.
It appears that downloads have taken place but the installation windows is stalled with no movement on the progress bar and the cancel button is grayed out.
Task manager shows no activity and is the only way to shut down the update progress.
Looking in the addon manager folder there is new files (date of update attempts).
The following appear modified:
bglmanx.dll
bglmanx64.dll
bglmanx65.dll
Couati_Updater2
QlmLicenseLib.dll
QlmLicenseLib.dllmanifest
QlmLicenseWizard

I'm using P3D4.5
Windows 10
Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Live updater installation stalling
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2022, 01:47:51 am »
- Configure the antivirus adding the whole Addon manager folder to the antivirus EXCLUSION

- Be sure the firewall is not blocking the download.

- Download and Install the FSDT Universal Installer, links are everywhere in the site.

- If that still doesn't work, try restarting Windows after having installed the  Universal Installer

Cowpatz

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2022, 02:12:42 am »
The whole folder was added to the exclusions and all firewalls disabled.
I have the Universal installer but that only allows for a full install as there is no update function.
Can this be run over the top of the existing installation or does something need to be uninstalled first?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2022, 02:16:40 am »
I have the Universal installer but that only allows for a full install as there is no update function.

The Universal Installer surely allows:

- BOTH Install and Updates for MSFS Products

- Updates only for FSX/P3D Products

Can this be run over the top of the existing installation or does something need to be uninstalled first?

My previous instructions were already correct. If it was required to do something extra, like uninstalling something or doing anything else, I would have said that.

Cowpatz

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2022, 03:29:59 am »
The problem was that it looked like it was going to install the whole of GSX again. Nothing suggests that it installs the updater program in my case. Even then running it came up with a Couati scripting error message that required ignoring to continue. Not ideal and not exactly seamless. However it did seem to update in the end.
Now to see if it actually works.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2022, 01:03:01 pm »
The problem was that it looked like it was going to install the whole of GSX again. Nothing suggests that it installs the updater program in my case

In fact, it's exactly the opposite: nothing in the installer suggest you can install an FSX/P3D product. The only indication you can get from the installer about installing an FSX/P3D Product is a Message Box telling you can't an FSX/P3D products, because those have their installers available otherwise, and the it stops there because there's just no code in the Universal installer to install GSX.

If you assumed it was installing the whole GSX again, it wasn't installing it, it was updating it, likely because you haven't updated in a while, so the update downloaded many files, but it was still an update.

Even then running it came up with a Couati scripting error message that required ignoring to continue

If with "running it", you are still meaning the Installer, the only possible message about Couatl could be an alert from the installer saying you were trying to run the installer while couatl was still running, that's the one and only message about it in the installer.