Author Topic: PHLI Jetways Disappearing In P3D 5.3 HF2  (Read 2134 times)

sab12

PHLI Jetways Disappearing In P3D 5.3 HF2
« on: October 29, 2022, 04:56:30 pm »
Just bought Hawaiian Airports Volume 1. When I installed it after downloading the installer and buying license from FSDT site, I had no buildings or jetways at PHLI. When I tried updating from the FSDT installer, I got buildings plus jetways at PHLI. When I flew into PHLI, the buildings were still there but the jetways were gone. I tried the FSDT Live Updater and the same thing happened. How do I stop the PHLI jetways from disappearing?
Thanks.
Stephen

sab12

Re: PHLI Jetways Disappearing In P3D 5.3 HF2
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2022, 08:00:23 pm »
Think I may have stumbled across the reason for my problem. I noticed in the FSDT GSX Level 2 Control Panel app that there was a box at bottom right that, after I shut down P3D had a message about waiting for the sim to close which showed that message for quite a while after P3D seemed to be shut down. If I restarted P3D before that message disappeared, my jetways at Lihue were gone. If I wait until its changed to a message about compiling BGL exclusions, jetways were OK.

Is this documented somewhere?

Stephen

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: PHLI Jetways Disappearing In P3D 5.3 HF2
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2022, 06:16:12 pm »
It's not explicitly documented but, it should be common knowledge that, any change that would cause in a change to any of the .BGL installed in the sim, should always be done with the simulator closed.

The issue is, while the Control Panel can check if the sim is still running before you hit the Compile button, it cannot prevent you from restarting it too quickly, for example in a middle of a compilation, and forcing it quit if it happens might be dangerous.