Author Topic: Honolulu P3Dv4.5 - How do i remove ramp GSE clutter?  (Read 2870 times)

nickac1092

• My Youtube Channel
Honolulu P3Dv4.5 - How do i remove ramp GSE clutter?
« on: May 18, 2022, 10:28:43 am »
Hi FSDT.  What files would i have to remove to get rid of the GSE around the ramp at Honolulu?  I want a bit more room for certain aircraft i use as well as GSX GSE.
Cosmos II super twr / Asus Maximus X Hero / Intel I7 8800K 4.0GHz (OCed to 4.8GHz) / Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB 3000MHz / 2x Nvidia Zotac 4060TIs 8GB / Corsair AX1200I  / Samsung 2TB OS SSD / WD HDDs: 40TBs total / Windows 10 Home 64bit / **P3Dv4 user** / *Aircraft Fueler @ MSP* *Aviation geek*

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Honolulu P3Dv4.5 - How do i remove ramp GSE clutter?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2022, 04:55:19 pm »
GSX will automatically remove all ground vehicles when you call it, but not if they are static vehicles coming with the scenery, which is usually the case, since they are easier on fps that real ground vehicles.

The best option to adapt a scenery with non removable static details is to act on the GSX vehicle staring positions in the customization page.

nickac1092

• My Youtube Channel
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2022, 11:24:40 am »
Im talking about the clutter thats built into the scenery.  GSX is not removing any of that.  Stuff like static stairs, tugs, vehicles, etc....  Some of the gates have no room for GSX vehicles let alone aircraft wingtips on certain gates....
Cosmos II super twr / Asus Maximus X Hero / Intel I7 8800K 4.0GHz (OCed to 4.8GHz) / Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB 3000MHz / 2x Nvidia Zotac 4060TIs 8GB / Corsair AX1200I  / Samsung 2TB OS SSD / WD HDDs: 40TBs total / Windows 10 Home 64bit / **P3Dv4 user** / *Aircraft Fueler @ MSP* *Aviation geek*

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2022, 10:17:17 am »
Im talking about the clutter thats built into the scenery.  GSX is not removing any of that.

Which is exactly what I said:

but not if they are static vehicles coming with the scenery

Stuff like static stairs, tugs, vehicles, etc....  Some of the gates have no room for GSX vehicles let alone aircraft wingtips on certain gates....

If you don't have room for the plane wingtips, then GSX doesn't have anything to do with it, and maybe you shouldn't even try park there to begin with. As I've said, is your interest is making GSX working better on some parking spots, you can act on the GSX customization page to change the vehicle starting positions.

If you think there are some spots in the scenery which would otherwise be correct for your airplane type but, no matter were you place GSX vehicles starting positions, they'll always clash with the scenery own objects, then please make a list, and we'll see if we can do something with the scenery.

nickac1092

• My Youtube Channel
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2022, 12:08:54 pm »
Maybe i shouldnt be parking at those gates huh?  USING the CORRECT aircraft type for that gate.  Dude, i fuel aircraft at a Delta airlines hub.  I see airport ops every day.  But ok. i guess il just mess around with the scenery and fix it myself.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2022, 07:56:36 pm »
Maybe i shouldnt be parking at those gates huh?  USING the CORRECT aircraft type for that gate.  Dude, i fuel aircraft at a Delta airlines hub.  I see airport ops every day

And how, exactly, I'm supposed to KNOW what you parked and where ? If you said said something like:

"I'm parking the airplane XXX at Gate YYY, which has plenty of space for that plane type but, no matter what I do, the scenery ground clutter always gets in the way"

THIS is a useful report, because it points to a problem that can be verified. Instead, without any detail about which airplane you use and which gates, exactly, you think are unusable ( but they should ), I can only GUESS what the problem might be.

But ok. i guess il just mess around with the scenery and fix it myself.

I don't know how you could possibly got the impression that you are supposed to fix it yourself. As I've said, you surely can do a lot with the GSX customization of the vehicles starting positions, that option is there precisely for that reason. However, nowhere I said you are supposed to "fix the scenery yourself". In fact, I said exactly the opposite, I'll repeat it again:

If you think there are some spots in the scenery which would otherwise be correct for your airplane type but, no matter were you place GSX vehicles starting positions, they'll always clash with the scenery own objects, then please make a list, and we'll see if we can do something with the scenery.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2022, 07:59:25 pm by virtuali »