Author Topic: CYVR - Terminals not visible and showing black texture  (Read 4955 times)

shahzebhumayun

CYVR - Terminals not visible and showing black texture
« on: July 01, 2022, 07:14:10 pm »
--Simulator - FSX SP2

--Settings - MAX (Water Effects at Mid 2.x)

--Texture maxload is set to 4096 and i installed the 4096 textures using the cyvr installer. I tried using the highmemfix=1 but issue remains.

--I have installed using the latest cyvr installer and installed all the live updates.

Hello there!

Been facing this issue since i purchased this product. I tried all sorts of updates and reinstallations on game and windows as well to check everything but this issue remains.

Once the flight loads. the textures appear, but some of them appear as black and terminal in that specific area is missing. i own other fsdt products as well and this issue isnt present in the products i own (KDFW, KLAX V2, KLAS, KORD).

I would really appreciate if someone can help me in this issue. i really like the product and i would love to fix this issue and use it more.

Please ask me any questions to find out the sollution behind this issue.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2022, 07:42:44 pm by virtuali »
ASUS TUF GAMING Z690-PLUS D4
i7-12700k (Stock)
ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 10gb V2 OC Edition (Stock)
32gb Ram @ 3200mhz (XMP Enabled)
Windows 10 Pro 64bit

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: CYVR - Terminals not visible and showing black texture
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2022, 07:49:24 pm »
Why are you posting this on the forum, when you know fully well you have been in contact with support for several weeks by now, and I event sent you A VIDEO I made SPECIFICALLY FOR YOU, showing the problem doesn't happen ?

CYVR is fairly big and takes lots of memory and, especially with FSX SP2 ( which has bugs that FSX-Acceleration doesn't have ), so it's possible your settings to max with 4K texture is the issue.

If you really want to keep using FSX, AT LEAST update it to the latest version, the Steam version, which has several bugfixes and even some memory optimizations. It is currently ON SALE on Steam for like 5$, I'd buy it only to keep it as a backup when your DVD drive will fail, but most importantly because it's the latest FSX version which has even been updated recently by Microsoft, and it has less visual bugs than FSX-SP2.

Also, you can try switching to DirectX 10, that might save you some memory, because DX9 apps waste RAM because they keep a copy of the textures in the VRAM, stealing even more precious space from the already limited space of a 32 bit app like FSX.

shahzebhumayun

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2022, 08:26:51 pm »
Im aware about FSX acceleration and steam edition. i know they perform better. issue with ACCEL\Steam version is that the simulation rate doesnt get stable above x4 with AP enabled. the aircraft wobbles like crazy and there is no real fix for that and thats why i stuck to FSX SP2.

The issue is not with my memory or system or my graphics settings as i have more than enough to run at MAX setting and still achieve 50+ fps on all major sceneries except some poorly optimized sceneries like KLAX V2, which simply wont go above 30 fps regardless of the specs.

I mean your KLAX V2 is a larger scenery than the CYVR for sure bcuz i get only 25 fps at klax, but on cyvr i get stable 50+ at most time so i dont think its the issue of the complexity or a area of the scenery.

I have even installed CYVR with lowest texture resolution but that didnt change anything either.

Enabling DX10 didnt change anything!

Anyways i would really apreciate if you could fix this issue on FSX SP2 or release an update that could fix this issue on FSX SP2. I believe this could be fixed with an update that would support FSX SP2.  If you cant help, then thanks for your time!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2022, 08:30:43 pm by shahzebhumayun »
i7-12700k (Stock)
Windows 10 Pro 64bit

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2022, 02:07:32 am »
The issue is not with my memory or system or my graphics settings as i have more than enough to run at MAX setting and still achieve 50+ fps on all major sceneries except some poorly optimized sceneries like KLAX V2, which simply wont go above 30 fps regardless of the specs.

Yes, the issue IS your memory and your settings AND the fact SP2 has some visual bugs the other versions don't have, it's all combined.

I mean your KLAX V2 is a larger scenery than the CYVR for sure bcuz i get only 25 fps at klax, but on cyvr i get stable 50+ at most time so i dont think its the issue of the complexity or a area of the scenery.

You said KLAX is "larger", but with regard to memory allocation, CYVR IS larger. Fps is completely irrelevant in this case. You are getting a better fps only because the Vancouver area is ligher than the KLAX area, but the better fps won't save you from VRAM exhaustion combined with the leftover bugs in SP2.

I have even installed CYVR with lowest texture resolution but that didnt change anything either.

Scenery polygons takes the same amount of VRAM regardless of the texture resolution

Enabling DX10 didnt change anything! Anyways i would really apreciate if you could fix this issue on FSX SP2 or release an update that could fix this issue on FSX SP2.

Then I'm sorry, but it seems the problem is related to an SP2-specific bug we cannot fix.

We found many similar ones, like floating objects in the sky or rotated, which ONLY happen with FSX-SP2, but of course nobody will fix them, nobody at FSDT has FSX-Sp2 installed, nobody even has a DVD drive to install it, and since we stopped supporting FSX in 2017, 5 years ago, the only version we can reasonably still support for bugfixes ( and in this case, there's nothing to fix in the scenery, which runs just fine on other version ), is the Steam version, which is the only one that can be bought today.

shahzebhumayun

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2022, 11:19:29 am »
Yes i agree that this issue happens with FSX SP2 only as i have tried the steam version and the issue disappears.

I just wish the steam edition removed the autopilot bug which accours above 20,000 feet with AP enabled at simulation rate x8 & x16 where the aircraft wobbles like crazy and ruins the joy of flight.

I also wish that CYVR worked like KDFW, KLAS, KLAX V2 & KORD. I own these all and they dont have the similiar issue present at all at whatever settings.

I have a 10gb rtx 3080 which has more than enough VRAM so the issue is not with my Settings or Specs. Issue is ONLY with the FSX SP2.

Anyways, thanks for your time!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2022, 11:21:41 am by shahzebhumayun »
i7-12700k (Stock)
Windows 10 Pro 64bit

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2022, 01:14:16 pm »
Yes i agree that this issue happens with FSX SP2 only as i have tried the steam version and the issue disappears.

I was quite sure of that.

I also wish that CYVR worked like KDFW, KLAS, KLAX V2 & KORD. I own these all and they dont have the similiar issue present at all at whatever settings.

As I've said, CYVR is likely the most demanding of them all. We made the scenery, we know it is.

I have a 10gb rtx 3080 which has more than enough VRAM so the issue is not with my Settings or Specs. Issue is ONLY with the FSX SP2.

You are missing the point. The way 32 bit apps work, not being able to address more than 4GB in TOTAL, makes the problem with graphic bugs even WORSE if you have a better video card! That's because, in 32 bit mode, VRAM is mapped into the already limited 4GB, "stealing" away more RAM to the application JUST because you have more VRAM! So, the better video card you have, the less memory you can use, because FSX is a 32 bit app.

That's not a problem with 64 bit apps, and that's why users that had the required hardware moved away from FSX years ago, and with that kind of system you should too, because I couldn't think of a better case of wasted hardware than yours.

Really, with that kind of hardware, you should have moved to a 64 bit sim ( P3D or MSFS ) a long time ago. I have a 3090, and both P3D and MSFS have a *better* fps than FSX.