Author Topic: No Jetways Showing at EGLL  (Read 853 times)

Doc_Z

No Jetways Showing at EGLL
« on: June 29, 2022, 06:17:25 pm »
Latest version of Aerosoft Simwings Heathrow with Simwings SODE file added.  No jetways visible at EGLL gates even though GSX airport configuration says there is a SODE xml jetway.  If I try to move the jetway, I get an message saying "no jetway can operate at this position."    Aerosoft has no answers.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No Jetways Showing at EGLL
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2022, 10:14:29 am »
No jetways visible at EGLL gates even though GSX airport configuration says there is a SODE xml jetway.  If I try to move the jetway, I get an message saying "no jetway can operate at this position."    Aerosoft has no answers.

If GSX says there's a SODE XML jetway, it means if it's not visible, GSX doesn't have anything to do with it. SODE XML jetways are NOT created by GSX, they are created by the SODE XML file supplied by the scenery developer and this doesn't change, regardless if you have GSX installed or not.

The only thing GSX does with these jetways, is to ask SODE where they are, so it knows it shouldn't try create *its* own jetways.

It would be different if you said you *see* the jetways, they *do* work from the SODE menu, but not when called from GSX. That would be the one and only case in which there might be a communication problem between SODE and GSX, so GSX could be involved. But that doesn't seem your case, according to your description, if they don't even show up, it's nothing related to GSX.