Author Topic: GSX level 2 menu not showing up at all **SOLVED**  (Read 1546 times)

melssim2

GSX level 2 menu not showing up at all **SOLVED**
« on: June 27, 2022, 10:31:15 pm »
Hello,

I have been struggling with this issue for some time now, but unfortunately, I can't seem to get it to work by myself.

The GSX menu is not showing up when pressing the mapped key (changed the key-mapping, but that did not work either). The settings menu for GSX is showing up though, but only not the control menu (request catering, boarding etc.).

What I already tried:

1. Clean install of GSX;
2. Clean install of P3D.

Nothing works. Can anyone please help me?

Thank you in advance!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2022, 12:58:03 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX level 2 menu not showing up at all
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2022, 10:18:41 am »
- Do you see the message "airport cache loaded successfully" ?

- Do you see the "Customize airport positions" menu under the Addons->GSX menu ?

- Do you hear the "bong" sound if you try to call GSX when parked on a gate with either the engines running of the parking brakes not set ?

If all of these are true, that means GSX loaded the airport and it's working normally, so your problem is not GSX, but a lack of the SIMCONNECT menu ( there's no such thing as a "GSX menu", that's the Simconnect menu you see, shared by all apps ) in the sim.

To further confirm this: is the SODE menu working ? That's another app that uses the Simconnect menu. If that doesn't work either, it means your problem is with the menu itself, not GSX.

melssim2

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2022, 11:08:22 pm »
Thank you for answering.

1) I can't see the customize airpost positions under the Addons> GSX menu
2) "Bong" is not heard
3) No message that the airport cache was loaded succesfully, even when "restart coatl and rebuild cache" has been used.
4) The SODE-menu is properly showing, even after reloading.

I really do not know what this causes. I have fully reinstalled my P3D and GSX, multiple times now.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2022, 10:37:47 am »
1) I can't see the customize airpost positions under the Addons> GSX menu

Alright, so this is clearly something wrong with your GSX install. You can log the startup this way:

- open the Notepad and type the following on a new blank file:

logFile=couatl.log

(please note "logFile" is written beginning with a lower case L and a capital F )

- Save the file as couatl.ini in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder

- Run the sim, then exit shortly after you are on an airport, with the GSX menus missing.

- Check your %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder and if there's a Couatl.LOG file there, post its content

- DO NOT copy the file in a message, but use the "Attach" function of the forum to ZIP the log file and Attach it to a post.

melssim2

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2022, 03:38:46 pm »
Could not upload it, hereby:

---------------------------------------

« Last Edit: July 02, 2022, 07:19:41 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2022, 07:20:58 pm »
Could not upload it, hereby:

Yes, you can, by ZIP-in it. Don't post a log in a message, please, I need to look at the actual file, the forum software might change it.

melssim2

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2022, 08:23:49 pm »
See below. Can you open it?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2022, 01:50:49 am »
Your log shows GSX started to rebuild the airport cache, but you exited the sim before it completed. If the airport cache is not completed, it will try on the next startup but, again, if you keep exiting the sim without letting it continue, it will never finish.

Start it again, and wait for the cache regeneration to complete. It will go way faster if you add the simulator own folder and every folder outside that contains sceneries to the antivirus Exclusions.

melssim2

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2022, 08:33:35 pm »
Thank you, but unfortunately. That does not seem to work either. I get the message "Airport cache loaded successfully within 1 second".

I attached a new log. Could you help me please?

In the log it also says:

Airport cache not valid: file meta.txt not found or malformed

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2022, 10:28:19 pm »
Thank you, but unfortunately. That does not seem to work either. I get the message "Airport cache loaded successfully within 1 second".

Which means this time the airport cache regeneration worked.

In the log it also says:

Airport cache not valid: file meta.txt not found or malformed

That's exactly what is supposed to say when in the previous session you didn't let it complete but, this time, you can see the *airport* cache HAS been completed, as the message says so, your log is quite different now.

Now you have another problem, after the airport cache, the *model* cache needs to be created and, this time it seems you now exited the sim before let it complete, because your log says it started, but it never completed.

Try again, and don't quit too quickly.

melssim2

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2022, 11:00:41 pm »
It worked! Thank you very much! I now closed the sim. Do I need to redo these steps every time I start the sim, or is the cache now saved?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2022, 12:57:57 am »
It worked! Thank you very much! I now closed the sim. Do I need to redo these steps every time I start the sim, or is the cache now saved?

No, the whole point of having a cache is precisely not to having to search for airports and models each time. The caches are regenerated if:

- If you run the FSDT Live Update, both cache will be cleared, so both will be regenerated at the next startup

- If you add or remove a scenery, or alter their priority, or enable disable it, only the airport cache will be regenerated at the next startup.