Author Topic: Quick edit feature  (Read 695 times)

Papacoach

Quick edit feature
« on: June 27, 2022, 05:25:52 pm »
Couldn't find whether this had been covered previously.

With the amount of time I spend adding vehicle paths to afcads I've resorted to just adding pathways that service a few gates or ramp parking spaces in my area of interest at each airport.

The other day I was adding vehicle paths, pax walk-in gate pathways, vehicle locations, custom pushback path etc. I thought wouldn't it be great if GSX could quick edit/add a vehicle parking, and connect a few parking spaces in the vicinity. You've done so much to innovate with GSX I'm sure this has hit your radar previously...

Is it possible? Could you add a vehicle parking and select a few alpha numeric associated aircraft parking to connect?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Quick edit feature
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2022, 10:29:04 am »
There's no point having GSX trying to replicate a dedicated airport editor like ADE. Especially now that you can made a dedicated .BGL for GSX own use, that can be placed in the same folder as its related .INI file %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX

If you create such file with ADE and put it there, it will be seen only by GSX, so you could fix most of the problems caused by the lack of vehicle taxipaths and parking spots, which are quite common in 3rd party airports (default airports are usually better in this aspect), but the sim will continue to use the original .BGL, so if it was designed in a peculiar way for any reason known only to its developer, but it would otherwise confuse GSX that expects proper vehicle paths and parking placed in a realistic way, having a separate .BGL for GSX usage will improve GSX without having to modify the existing airport. And, you can use a dedicated editor like ADE, which has plenty of support and expertise to draw from.

The GSX integrated editor is best used to add things that are *not possible* with ADE and the .BGL format in general, like custom Stop positions, for example.

Papacoach

Re: Quick edit feature
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2022, 04:42:09 pm »
Thanks for the reply Umberto. It is your product to do with as you please. GSX is a great addition to my sim experience in all of it's historical iterations. Keep it up!