Author Topic: I cannot complete a transatlantic flight to North America from few countries  (Read 1700 times)

Jean-claude

I have been searching for weeks now why I could NEVER reach KORD from ESSA and LPPT in particular, or even approach North-America from some parts of the world on long-haul flights only (I have no problem at all flying to and from FSDT KORD to or from any city in the USA or Canada):

To eliminate any possibility of an airplane error, I used three long haulers (Boeing 748 Salty, 78X HD, Headwind 339) and on all three I had similar problems:
1. My plane would freeze at a location at or after Greenland or near the Hudson Bay. When I check the memory used it shows 23% only or more than 11 GB.
2. The plane (any of the three) would start spiraling in a slow descent approximately in the same area (to day it was before reaching 65.55N).
3. CTD pure and simple

Today's flight was following this (SimBrief) route: ESSA RESN5G RESNA T314 DEGAL Y96 MAVIP N133 SOLKA/N0492F360 DCT ADSIM/M085F360 DCT 6810N DCT 6920N DCT 6840N DCT 6555N/N0494F380 DCT JELCO DCT YGL DCT 5280N DCT BACMO DCT SSM WYNDE2 KORD 22L. Flight levels were 340 and then 380.

For all my flights, I only use: FSUIPC, FSDT KORD, ESSA (Premium MSFS), Navigraph, Airplane + livery, GAIST, nothing else in the Community folder. No AI traffic
My computer specifications are : i9 12900K, Nvidia 3090 24 GB VRAM, 64 GB RAM, Samsung SSD 2 TB, Samsung SSD 1 TB

So as to verify if similar problems would exist elsewhere on long hauls, I completed successfully the following flights in the past days (all of them with airport payware add-ons including FSDT):
EGKK-GCTS (FBW A320) 4 hours, GCTS-EDDB (FBW A320) 5 hours, EDDB-WSSS (HD 78X) 12 hours, WSSS-NZAA (Salty 748) 9 hours, NZAA-RJAA (HD 78X) 10 hours, RJAA-CYYZ (Headwind A339) 12 hours, CYYZ-LPPT (Headwind A339) 7 hours, LFPO-TFFF (Headwind A339) 9 hours, LPPT-SBGR (Headwind A339) 12 hours, LFPO-FIMP, FIMP-LSZH Headwind A339) 11 hours.

The following flights had to be aborted for one of the above three reasons: ESSA-KORD (Salty 748, Headwind A339, HD78X) four attempts, LEMD-MMMX (HD 78X) three attempts, SCEL-KATL (HD78X), LPPT-CYYZ (Headwind A339) twice.

After I failed to complete my ESSA-KORD flight with the HD 78X today at 65.55N, I restarted the same flight, with the same plane, on the same route, the only difference was that I unlinked FSDT KORD in the FSDT app. I could complete my flight to the KORD gate with a memory usage of 8.8 GB at the gate.

So I submit my case with an open mind and would be extremely grateful if anyone could kindly verify if what I mention above can be replicated (same flight ESSA-KORD, same route, same plane HD78X please). If it cannot, then I really am lost as to why North America cannot be reached from some parts of Europe (Sweden, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland) and even South America (SCEL-KATL).

Thank you for your time.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2022, 06:33:18 pm by Jean-claude »

Jean-claude

Following the above successful ESSA-KORD (that had failed four times before I unlinked FSDT KORD), I made another flight that failed several times LPPT-CYYZ before, but this time, I linked FSDT KORD and deleted Asobo KORD in MSFS Content.

When I opened my MSFS Premium Content file and searched for KORD, it brought (1) the Premium folder and (2) the FSDT KORD. When clicking on Premium, Asobo KORD was shown as "installed", and not "Ready to download" as indicated in the release notes.

My flight was completed with no problem at all. This is the second flight in a row (remember that the same flights, as reported above, could never be completed before) that I can make to North America from Europe whereas before these modifications I could never approach NA.

In conclusion, I will continue investigating tomorrow, but it seems that deleting the Asobo KORD was necessary, contrary to what is recommended in the FSDT KORD release notes.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
In conclusion, I will continue investigating tomorrow, but it seems that deleting the Asobo KORD was necessary, contrary to what is recommended in the FSDT KORD release notes.

Which release notes you are referring to ? The readme file in the installer doesn't say anything about this, and the sticky thread in this section named "O'Hare for MSFS release notes", says exactly the opposite:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,24166.0.html

- Since both the Premium and Premium Deluxe versions come with a scenery for Chicago O'Hare, we want to be sure there are no possible conflicts so, our installer automatically removes the asobo-airport-chicago-ohare package from the sim. However, uninstalling FSDT O'Hare won't "restore" it, since there's an easier way to restore it from the sim, just to into the Content Manager and search for KORD, you'll see the Asobo O'Hare will be in Library, ready to download.

- If you bought FSDT KORD from the MS Marketplace, the Asobo version will not be removed automatically. We don't expect huge issues but, to be more lean and not slow down startup with an unused scenery, we strongly suggest to delete the Asobo version using the Content Manager, so you can be sure no conflicts will happen.

So, it's clear that in both cases, it's best not to keep the Asobo KORD installed together with FSDT KORD.

Now, these release notes were posted in September 2020, as soon KORD came out, and back then, it WAS enough to remove a default sim package to disable it. Later sim updates changed this, and if a default package is removed, it will be re-downloaded again on the next restart, the ONLY way to prevent this, is that you must remove it yourself from the Content Manager so we CHANGED our installers, which won't remove the Asobo version automatically anymore, but the concept that is best to remove it's still valid.

Jean-claude

"our installer automatically removes the asobo-airport-chicago-ohare package from the sim."

This is the part that puzzled me, hence my note above, I did not buy from the Marketplace.

Now all is clear. Thank you.