Author Topic: FSDT Products not showing in FSDT Installer and Live Update not working **SOLVED  (Read 1446 times)

shahzebhumayun

Hello!

I am facing this issue. it only started today. all of a sudden my products disappeared on my fsdt installer. i did clean installation of everything and still the same. i installed GSX and live update didnt run after that. when i ran the live update manually. it just opened and closed without any error.

I tried the same on my other pc as well and again the same thing. no products showing and live update just opens and closes without updating the product.

I have the latest installers of all fsdt products as well.

in the picture i attached. look at the left side. my fsx products are hidden and no products are showing in the installer even though i have 3 FSDT products installed.

is this an issue from my end? ive tried disabling the windows defender but that didnt fix it either. any idea?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2022, 12:48:30 pm by virtuali »
ASUS TUF GAMING Z690-PLUS D4
i7-12700k (Stock)
ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 10gb V2 OC Edition (Stock)
32gb Ram @ 3200mhz (XMP Enabled)
Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Aaron Liu

Same as your problem...I'm trying re-install my GSX, hope it can be work....

shahzebhumayun

Well i did a Factory Reset and windows reinstallation because of this issue. but sadly nothing has fixed. i dont think its got anything to do with our systems. its a fsdt problem because ive tried on 2 of my pcs and got same issue.
i7-12700k (Stock)
Windows 10 Pro 64bit

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Your screenshot shows you have hidden both FSX and MSFS products.

They don't become hidden depending if they are installed or not (that's another button that shows installed/not installed), they become hidden only if you have clicked on the icon to hide them, and by default both are visible, or if the simulator they run under is not detected.

The feature is there because some users were annoyed to see P3D products (even if they *do* have P3D installed, otherwise they won't show) together with MSFS product, so we added it, and if you click on it to hide a simulator, the setting is saved between sessions.

You don't say which simulator you have installed, but in your screenshot I see MSFS is not detected. If this is true, than it's normal.

You said however you have GSX, so I can assume you should have either FSX or P3D installed so, the only possible reasons why the P3D products are hidden are:

- You clicked on the icon to hide them

- The simulator hasn't been detected for some reason, like its registry key missing/changed or the sim has been moved.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2022, 07:26:36 pm by virtuali »

shahzebhumayun

Thanks for your reply!

I have FSX SP2.  i have done a complete factory reset of my PC and then installed fsx sp2 again and all the fsdt products. the products are still hidden in fsdt installer and the live update isnt working!  It cant be a registry issue because it was perfectly fine until yesterday night when i shutdown my pc. this only started this morning!

I have tried clicking on all the icons within the installer but nothing seems to have made any effect. the icon which says "Products are hidden"isnt even clickable.

When i tried to activate my products again since i reinstalled everything. this is what appeared! im now unable to activate any of my fsdt products.

keeping in mind that my windows defender is disabled and i dont have any anti-virus software!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2022, 07:55:23 pm by shahzebhumayun »
i7-12700k (Stock)
Windows 10 Pro 64bit

shahzebhumayun

At cyvr. terminals didnt load since the coult engine isnt starting and GSX is also not showing which could be because its not activated yet bcuz im unable to activate it.

its the same thing at all fsdt airports since coult engine isnt showing in addons section as seen in the image
i7-12700k (Stock)
Windows 10 Pro 64bit

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
I have tried clicking on all the icons within the installer but nothing seems to have made any effect. the icon which says "Products are hidden"isnt even clickable.

They are only clickable if you hid them, and the simulator is found. If they are not clickable, it's because the simulator cannot be found.

You said you reinstalled the whole PC, which of course was completely unnecessary so, the only possible explanation for the sim not found, is you must have made some kind of error reinstalling.

Maybe you think you have FSX-SP2, but you haven't applied the service packs ? This would cause the correct Simconnect required by our products to be missing, so nothing will work. Fact the Live Update can't find the sim indicates something wrong.

Please contact me to the support EMAIL, because I can explain how to log the installation and see what's going no, no use continuing here.

shahzebhumayun

Hello Umberto and thanks for the support through the email.

I can confirm that with the latest version of FSDT Installer, the problems mentioned above have been fixed. Thanks for the support!
i7-12700k (Stock)
Windows 10 Pro 64bit