Author Topic: Push back stopped working  (Read 1098 times)

Hesham87

Push back stopped working
« on: June 23, 2022, 03:44:18 am »
Everything was working fine with gsx and then all of sudden pushback stopped working. With every aircraft, every airport whether its default or custom airport. Not working at all. When i request push back from gsx menu all i get is push back requested and nothing happens. When i manually push back and then release parking brakes i get the gsx error to apply parking brakes immediately. Any suggestions?’

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Push back stopped working
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2022, 11:38:36 am »
The most common reason why users assume there's something wrong with the pushback because it's not starting, it's due to an extra airplane constraint to the pushback, for example on many planes, GSX checks for things like wheel chocks, engine covers, embedded stairs, and these vary for each plane.

Of course, under normal situations, GSX will tell you about this and it's not starting because it's waiting for that condition to be solved but, if you either turned down all the GSX message in the "Verbosity" slider OR you turned off the Info message ( in P3D ), or if the top text green bar is unavailable for other reason, like another add-on using it at the same time GSX tried to send a message to it, you wouldn't see the message, so you wouldn't know what GSX is waiting for.

That's the most common case, since you haven't said anything about the airport used, or the airplane used, not even which simulator you use, it's difficult to say more.

Hesham87

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2022, 05:30:26 pm »
As i mentioned in the original post, that does happen with all airports and all aircrafts that i was using before and it was working fine. Most aircrafts that i use are qw 787, pmdg 777 and 737. Thank you

Hesham87

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2022, 05:41:57 pm »
I forgot to mention i’m using FSX steam edition

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2022, 09:54:41 pm »
We haven't changed the Pushback in a long while, and even longer on FSX so, clearly, if it worked before, you must have changed something that is causing this, which seems to be confirmed by the fact nobody else is reporting it.

If something as important as the Pushback didn't work after an update, we would have the forum flooded by dozen of messages *minutes* after the update.

So, try to recall what you might have changed ( airplane configurations, airport customization ), otherwise it's quite difficult to help you.

Hesham87

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2022, 10:33:43 pm »
The all the messages are set to be displayed and nothing really has been changed at all in the sim. Can i get instructions for a full uninstall please so i can try a fresh installation?. Thank you

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2022, 01:02:12 pm »
The all the messages are set to be displayed and nothing really has been changed at all in the sim. Can i get instructions for a full uninstall please so i can try a fresh installation?. Thank you

A clean uninstall is made this way:

- Uninstall GSX, and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?"

- If you have other FSDT products, you must Uninstall ALL of them as well

- After you uninstalled everything from FSDT, manually remove the remaining Addon Manager folder, if you still have it.

- Remove both these folders:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali
%PROGRAMDATA%\Virtuali

Removing these two above will lose ALL your GSX custom profiles for Airplane and Airports!. So, it's best if you copy them elsewhere before removing these.

- Now you can reinstall GSX and any other FSDT product you might have.

ACTIVATION WILL NOT BE AFFECTED, not as long you don't reformat the whole PC.

Hesham87

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2022, 01:48:28 pm »
Thank you so much. I’ll give it a shot hopefully that fixes the issue.